It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Revolution: Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would like to thank those who continue to take interest in this subject. If you have not reviewed the first section of this presentation it can be found here:
The New Revolution Part 1
as well as within my signiture.

This is the second section of 3 that i wish to present to you all and is the longest, during editing it was estimated at 19 pages ( not too long), as such i have decided to create a separate post for each subsection for ease of reading. My hope is that people will concider these words and discuss/debate them with me and others in a reasonable manner so that WE can begin to move forward and effect true and lasting change in our society both in the Unites Sates and around the globe. Through out the reading i have provided links to sources for the information i provide. I strongly suggest that these links be reviewed and Always do additional research for your own perspective when you feel it necessary. Especially in reference to the last section entitled "R.E.V.O.L.T." Thank you.

The New Revolution
Section 2: 9-10-2001; A moment of Reflection: All i can ask: What? & Why? = R.E.V.O.L.T

9-10-2001: A Moment of Reflection

September 11th 2001 is an emotional subject for me, one which is difficult to even write about never mind discuss. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must have felt like, still feels like, to have been directly affected by the loss of that day...
On a personal note, i wish to send out my regards and best wishes to each person and family that was. I would also like to send out my regards to the Healy family, formerly of Framingham, Massachusetts. It has been far too long since we have spoken and I, as well as others miss you dearly.
September 10th 2001 was a day for me unlike any other before or since. In reflection i suppose it is something that each of us must go through at some time, but that fact makes it no less difficult to say goodbye. It had been several years since i had spent a Sunday morning in church. This day though, instead of listening to a sermon, it was a eulogy for one of the dearest and closest friends i have ever known, more like a brother, not just to me but to all in attendance. The difficulty i had holding back my emotions while i helped to carry the casket out of the church, was something i cannot describe.
So many questions and emotions swirled in my head, justice...revenge...how could this have happened? I remember after the ceremony, after i had been overcome by my emotions, after all but few friends remained, it was almost surreal to stand by this hole in the ground, and looking down to see his face engraved on the headstone, smiling as it always had like nothing had changed.
It was later that evening, a group of us had gathered for a few drinks. The libations had done their job in drowning out the sorrows of the day, which had slowly changed to an uneasy happiness, teetering on the edge of anger. Eventually the guise of happiness subsided and the anger took control, nothing violent occurred but the conversation was not pleasant (and we did get kicked out of the establishment).
It was that evening i learned of the circumstances surrounding my friends’ death, thought the details were not all there and left me with more questions than answers i have no further knowledge of what happened. I was enraged by i heard and in that rage i had wished many bad things on many people, none of whom i knew then or know today.
NEVER AGAIN will i wish anything bad upon anyone for any reason...
As i mentioned earlier, it was the very next day, a matter of hours really, that the whole world changed...for the worse, and to this day it only shows signs of slipping further into darkness. I find it hard to believe that this is the will of the people... any people.
Every time i hear in the news that some family has lost a loved one, every time i hear that someone has died or been killed, with no consideration for the cause i am reminded of those days. Not just of the sadness and the anger and the confusion that I felt in those moments, but I am also reminded of the hope which has been lost since those days and which continues to diminish.

Conversely, in the few days following September 11th 2001, i was awestruck; i mean I truly believed that i was looking upon a reunited country. For years prior, the political and social divides in our society had been slowly growing, but in one fell swoop it "seemed" as though those petty differences would be overcome. There, at "Ground Zero", amongst the debris and tears was the most brilliant show of humanity i had witnessed since the fall of the Berlin wall. But it was also the greatest sign of hope i have seen since, it was a sense of humanity from people across the globe, showing signs of our inner will to be united.
I remember thinking to myself (i wrote it down) "Oh my God"; instead of turning to anger and giving in to our primal ignorance it "seemed" as thought the world was moving in a different direction. People were coming together and uniting under the worst of circumstances, and for some time the arrogance and pride of retribution did not "seem" to be in the mindset of the people.
A supposed long time enemy had dealt its worst blow it has ever been capable of before, and it only "seemed" to strengthen and unify a people, or so thought...hoped...but i was wrong...As quickly as my sense of humanity had been enlightened, the whole world worked quickly to take those two steps back.
With one public speech from the site of the disaster, a group men and women managed to suck all of that hope out of the world and the cycle of history was renewed, without question. An ignorant and deceptive leadership gave these so called terrorists exactly what they wanted...war, and for all the wrong reasons. (not to insinuate there are right reasons)
When what began as a hunt for one man, who was already being hunted (what ever happened to him?), wasn’t enough our attention was diverted to a greater "WAR on TERROR" in Afghanistan...that’s going well...
But it was when our weak-minded leadership decided to intimidate what, in my opinion, was a nation that provided the least threat to them, had an obviously weaker military and few political allies, that i lost all my confidence and hope. In fact i will reiterate now as i did in the weeks that followed that day, that the Iraq war had NOTHING to do with thousands of people who were murdered and the brave souls who sacrificed their lives in an attempt to save them on that fateful day.

It was some time before Logan airport reopened and i was able to return to my apt and job in Arizona. It was mid-afternoon when i had finished a shift and was sitting down to enjoy a beer and watch the news. It did not take long for the conversation to begin between some customers, some of my fellow employees and myself. Something i am sure was a common occurrence at that time.
I don’t recall exactly how the topic was struck but the discussion turned to the bush administration and i made a comment in regards to a push for war in Iraq. It was an assumption i had made prior to the Sept 11th incident based on my limited understanding of the bush family history and Donald Rumsfelds political career, their ties with the oil industry, their relations with Cuban & Panamanian Interests as well as Saddam Hussein and the subsequent attempt on the life of the former President George Bush Sr.
Assassination attempt
Retaliation
U.S. ties with Saddam Hussein
Saddam Wiki
The day George W. Bush stood before the world at Ground Zero and promised vengeance confirmed for what i had already believed. As i tried to explain how i came to that conclusion, that the Iraq was an inevitability, i was abruptly interrupted and told outright that i had no idea what i was talking about. The conversation continued for a few minutes longer, to the point where i no longer felt comfortable. Their unquestioning loyalty to a man they never met and obviously knew little about, almost had me questioning myself.
It was at that point i rose from my seat and stated simply "I hope you are right" and turned towards the door. It is no coincidence to me that my job became cumbersome after that and i was eventually put in a position where i decided to resign. \
Well Bill Mohler, it seems you wrong after all

It was also shortly after that, that events began to spiral out of control...
"No more French fries"
"Mission Accomplished"
North Koreas Nuclear Program
But we can give arms to India

Seems like we have all been through this before, first come the lies and the secrets and the deception that a government uses to play on the fears and emotions of a population, and as they need they change the perception of those issues and fears to suit their political needs.
Possibly History’s greatest blunder and unless something is done to right the wrongs which have been committed, we will all be held accountable. Along with the onset of the war in Iraq came the setting of a precedent of "Acceptable Aggression". I don’t think that it matters much what point of view you have either politically, personally or religiously, if you are a human being with sound moral judgment, how the actions of our government be anything but unacceptable.
What sort of impression has this sent to other leaders whether allies or enemies? That it is okay to invade another nation, demolish cities and homes and kill civilians as long you believe that it is in the best interest of your country? This can be put into perspective with the example of the recently embattled country of Libya and the International response.
It truly matters not what their intentions were or are, aggression is never a viable solution and i believe that something MUST be done (not in reference to Libya specifically) before all civility is lost. We live in a world in which the growth and stability of one Nation is dependent on the growth and stability of another, in that sense we are all reliant upon each other.
America alone is indebted to the world both financially as well as morally and we, as Americans, need not be so complacent on the matter. We all live in an ever increasing neurotic society on the verge of an epiphany; it would be a shame to learn that the epiphany IS a mushroom cloud.

Know now, these wars are not my only grievance and surprisingly enough there are some issues which i am more concerned with. Some are older issues still unresolved and some are more current ailments of today’s society. All of them deal with the moral direction of our society and the erosion of humanities freedoms and values. All of which are currently touted by lobbyist, bureaucrats and politicians who have taken the landscape of a democratic open society and turned it into a members only club.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
All i can ask:

At this point i realize we are bit deep into this to ask you now however, without your willing participation in reading this, this issues i am about to present will continue to go unnoticed and unresolved only to be the bane of future generations. Without your personal experiences, beliefs, ideas and involvement on these issues the time i have invested in this will be for nothing.
All that i can ask of you now is to press on through these pages with an open mind so that i may be given the chance to fully convey my intentions. The evidence that has led me to some of my conclusions and a better understanding of why i feel so passionately, that this needs to be done.
After that, if we agree with each other or not is irrelevant, the relevance comes when we begin to conduct ourselves with that disagreement. That is where the lasting mark will be left in the records of history and more so that is a pivotal point of importance, not just within that disagreement but in the resolution of it.
Pivotal, i believe, because it is at that point where some history’s greatest blunders have occurred, and by blunders i am referring to the critical point in which civility decays and dissolves into an aggressive and violent state. It is this point which the most attention should be given; it is here that any effort to resolve a conflict, peacefully, must be realized in order to be achieved.

I now find myself in a position to take the next step along this path, to put forth a serious effort to make a lasting difference in our society (globally). The research i have done and my personal experiences have lent me a certain perspective, not only in regards to the present but the past as well. It is those examples throughout history which act, not only as a beacon of hope for these ideas, but also as a warning. From this perspective it is easy to see how some could arrive at the conclusion that history is condemned to repeat itself. It is easy to see, over the course of history, how societal influences can cause the heartbeat of humanity to pulse more rapidly. Emotions, ideas, beliefs all slowly build pressure until that critical pivotal moment is reached when that pressure is released.
This has occurred throughout history, too many times to count, and the results are always the same...From the ruins of history, truths are revealed, justice is restored from vengeance, liberty always prevails and freedom has always grown stronger.
Freedom has always outgrown its bonds and has not only been responsible for the creation of empires, but has also been a known cause for their collapse. Freedom more often than not, has a tendency to crush those who would deny it. Pharaohs, Emperors, Czars and Kings alike have fallen to the determination and tenacity of the free will of the people.
In the aftermath of histories examples freedom always prevails, new governments are created and great leaders arise. Some of those leaders may succumb to the temptations of power and soon begin to impose their personal beliefs and ideas upon the people who trust them. Soon freedoms begin to be ignored and shortened in order to achieve those personal ideals, sometimes these transgressions of the will of the people are granted, whether out of trust or apathy is irrelevant. This gives those in power the illusion that they can continue their usurpations without consequence and they continue to reign in the freedoms and rights of the people until eventually the people decide they have had enough, and there in lay the dilemma, the skip in the record of history.
Throughout history the voice and body of freedom has had almost no choice but to react violently and throughout history, without such violent acts, freedom could not have grown and flourished to what we think we have today. The pulsing pressures of emotions and thoughts and beliefs are the bloodline of revolution, the heartbeat of freedom, but there comes a time in history where, regardless of how instinctual it is may seem to fight, we must better humanity and choose not to...
But by NO means surrender!

Again all that i can ask of you is for the chance to present my perspective and intentions, but also an opportunity to show that together, and only together, can we ever hope to resolve the issues which have plagued humanity. Only together can we do it the right way, no longer can rely on current partisan band aids that fall off during election years. The partisan means we have relied upon for too long have only served to divide us, weaken our resolve, and whittle away at our lives and our freedoms.
I firmly believe that only united, will we be able to break humanities bonds to the cycle of history and create a new path into the future. Only then could we put the cycle of violence and hatred behind us and move forward to create some real history.
That is my goal and the path i am on and i invite you to join me, not only in the journey but in the realization that nothing truly great can be accomplished by any society that is divided. Only united can we as a whole begin to understand that a new revolution is not only freedoms necessity but was also, in my interpretation, predestined by the founding fathers of the United States.
They clearly had the foresight to recognize and understand the faults of humanity and left a wedge in the doors of freedom that would eventually be shut because of those flaws. Those men understood, as i am sure many of you do, the concept that power corrupts. They also understood the effect that time would have on society, they knew that the Unites States and the rest of the world would not only change but would grow and become more diverse. They allowed room in our constitution for that growth and change, though it is my belief that they did not understand how right they were.
To quote James Madison, from a conventional debate in 1787
"In framing a system which we wish to last for ages, we should not lose sight of the changes which ages will produce."
Aside from the context of the quote we should also acknowledge, at that point in history, much of what we take for granted in our knowledge and capabilities may have been considered impossibilities. Flight, Moonwalks, Space stations, nuclear energy, computers...
Surely they could not have foreseen the amount and depth of political corruption and deception which we experience today around the world. But this is only my interpretation, the same one i used in the formation of the ideas i will present to you in the following pages.

One of the reasons i have chosen this path is because i feel in my heart and my soul, and i believe that it is time for these ideas to be more prevalent in our society on a greater scale than movie plots and pop culture music. For far too long humanity has wandered through the dark wilderness of its own ignorance, bickering like children over petty meaningless concerns. The sooner we all realize how stupid we have been the sooner we will have the ability to repair the damage we have inflicted upon ourselves.
Race, religion, political affiliation, economic stature...none of these ideologies can feed your children or put a roof over your head. None of those things will help you see well or breathe, but for some reason they can all get you killed. Why is that?
As i said...the sooner we can all come to terms with our inherent ignorance and stupidity the better. Perhaps then we could realize that we all have our differences and maybe we could then begin to accept those differences instead of holding them against each other. Instead of allowing those differences to impact our lives negatively, creating our own problems, we should be embracing them and using them as tools to improve ourselves, and in turn our society. Instead of being quick to point out someone’s differences we could focus on our own faults.
Why is it that we, as humans, have so far been unable to set aside our anger or frustration or fear of those differences? What is it that people feel in those moments which cause them to react with such malice to such menial occurrences?
Once we allow ourselves to set those negative feelings and emotions aside and recognize the trivial nature of those matters, then we could begin to respect those things which us unique and understand their benefits, rather than view them as a hindrance, or in some cases a means social division and political gain.

Over and over again we are presented with opportunities to better our society and again and again...and again, we allow our stupidity to prevent us from making progress. We really do take two steps forward and one step back, forcing ourselves to work three times as hard as we should have to . Think of how much more we could accomplish if we could break this cycle, think of how much more meaningful it would be if we did it together.
Most often when these opportunities present themselves, the many are guided by the few who choose vengeance and aggression over intelligence as a means or a path, and always in the pivotal moment the cycle of history is renewed and the chance for progress is lost.
I have taken the time to express this to you with the belief that the founding fathers of the U.S. had a firm grasp of these ideas when they drafted the "Declaration of Independence" as well as the "Constitution of the United States". What i don’t understand is how these ideas can acknowledged again and again through history, intended to be passed down through generations and then.."seemingly" forgotten...or ignored, or worse...sold to the highest bidder.
I also believe that i feel the way they did when they stepped forward and attempted to preserve those ideas for countless generations to come, so eloquently.

"We the People of the Unites States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America"

Do you think that they ever truly realized what a great thing they did?

Now, sadly, there is discourse once again, and left unchecked the power of this discourse will dissolve our liberty and destroy our freedom, and those who think they can control it will be destroyed by it and they will carry the rest of us along with them...if they are allowed.
Unfortunately it is too late to break the cycle this time around, making it more difficult for a peaceful revolution of this nature to take place, though we can be prepared and act proactively to prevent further damage, repair some of the damage done, and be ready for our next opportunity, but i shudder to think of what could happen if these issues continue to be ignored.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What? & Why?

It is within this section that i will explore some of the issues i have concern with. The first part will deal mostly with some questionable acts that our government has taken part in; it questions their intentions in conducting these acts and brings to point their direct conflict with the Constitution of the United States. I refer to this section as R.E.V.O.L.T.
Research Enumerating Violations Of Liberty and Trust
After that i continue to look at some of the other influences on our society which have a negative impact, some are larger issues and easier to provide substantive information on. Other issues i point out are smaller and harder to prove but i am sure as you read you will find that each example is real. The sum of these issues range from political to personal and even touch on some of the religious influences we are subjected to.
In each case i have attempted to provide the sources of the information to the best of my ability. As i have stated the sources i will be citing are mostly provided through the internet and the links are to mainstream media reports, Government Archives, Historical references, Public Testimonials/Videos and in some cases Wikipedia, thought the latter i do with hesitation due to the nature of those articles.
As i am not a professional in the matters of law you should understand that in the absence of such evidence, what is presented is based on my personal experience and perspective and should be considered as such.

In all cases i URGE you to investigate and explore these links and issues for yourself.

Given the content of the following pages i turn to an adage older than myself, “If you want something done right, you must do it yourself."
By now i am sure you are asking what exactly it is i want, my answer is simple, i wish for all of humanity to wake up from this self-imposed "slumber". I want people to wake up and take notice of what is going on around them, it seems the only time people pay attention to what is happening outside of their little microcosm of life is when they are "rubbernecking" at some traffic accident or staring in awe at their television sets. Now i understand there are people out there who not see what is going on around them but have taken action to make things better but their numbers are few and far between.
I also assume by now that you are eager for me to make my point. As you have seen this section is titled with two questions; What? and Why? I will start first with why.

The question in simple terms could be applied in many forms, so more to my intent,
"Why would anyone want to start a revolution?
To answer this first look at my intent of a "peaceful" revolution, and note that my desires for change and the people i direct this message towards is YOU. I am not writing my representatives because i do not care what they think or trust them. Also note that i attempting to make these ideas as widely available to YOU for free as i do not wish to be entwined with corporations as i do not trust them either, nor do i wish for them to profit from the ideas i am presenting, or desire them to change my words to fit the "Normal" publishing standards.
The New Revolution is NOT about an armed uprising, or military coup. My ideas are not about destruction and creating more division, quite the opposite.
The New Revolution is an attempt at political and social reform starting from the ground up, with "We the People". It’s about picking up the American spirit and shaking off the cobwebs of the past so that we can move forwards into the future with a refreshed inspiration and new sense of hope and direction. Yes my ideas are intended to be a catalyst for change, but not simply a change in policy or representation, it’s far more meaningful than that. The New Revolution is about changing the way we act and think, it’s about a rational choice we must all face and, it is also about sacrifice. I realize it is sometimes easier to bury your head in the sand and just let these issues continue because it may be easier for you deal with personally or perhaps because you are more concerned with feeding and providing for your family and you see no other way to do that. The New Revolution is about pulling people’s heads out of the sand and showing them a different way.
Then you may ask, "Who are we rebelling against?" for me the answer comes twofold.
First i would rebel against any person who would choose NOT to take part, anyone who rather sit around and complain about the issues and make excuses not to deal with them (including myself), rather than contributing and working towards a resolution, taking advantage of the freedoms that so many have given their lives to protect.
I will also revolt against those who would try to prevent anyone from enjoying those freedoms. ANY organization, corporation or beaurocracy that would hastily turn to violence and aggression, ANY person or group who would work to degrade the base values of the country i love. What are those base values i speak of?
Specifically those values are more than any words or laws can define, but for the intent of this publication the "Bill of Rights" adequately embodies the majority of those values. These Amendments were ratified with the intent to protect private citizens against government considered to be obtrusive and unjust and to preserve our rights not by granting to the people certain rights or privileges but by limiting the actions our government could take against those "inalienable rights"
In other words, the Bill of Rights is a list of things our government does not have the right to do. Not only in governments’ actions in regards to its own citizens but also its actions in the representation of those citizens to the rest of the world.
Within these Amendments to the Constitution lay some of the most important ideas in the world and most of them have been continuously and recently trampled on and tainted by the very government that was established to uphold and protect them.
From here i will start at the beginning and try to keep my points as brief as possible and while there may not be specific examples of our governments intrusion on some of these ideas, i will provide evidence to show that they have intruded and violated a number of them. In any case it will show you that our government has most certainly failed in their sworn obligations to protect these rights. As i provide links for you i have also included the full text of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the remaining constitutional Amendments at the back of the book for your reference. More sources can be located quickly by using an internet search or by visiting your local library, and again...please research all this material yourself, while i have no intent on deceiving you and the information i present is true you may find further information that i overlooked, or come to different conclusions based on your findings.

R.E.V.O.L.T: Research Enumerating Violations Of Liberty and Trust

Constitution of the United States:
Bill of Rights

1st Amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the
Free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right
of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Several limits on government action are placed here. Limits on freedom of speech as understood here "seem" to be a trick issue...Limits on the press have come from corporate ownership influences and, While self-imposed censorship by corporations is not a government intrusion they have not made any concerted efforts to contradict this trend, and while i believe that some type of moral compass is a good idea, what is the cost in the long run. Then there are the questions that arise in regards to government limits on the press and while the nature of National defense is a complicated one in this day in age it is hard to put a finger on what is being violated here.
I understand that personal ideals are important we should not allow them to effect the freedoms we are entitled to...no matter the circumstances, once an exception is made to these ideas then that will be taken advantage of.
Then we are presented with our freedom to assemble and petition the government, but wait It seems that our Government has established laws in direct contradiction and seems to enforce those law in contradiction to other Amendments as well as i will indicate for you further on. "TPM" laws and other infringements on the right of the people to peaceably assemble must be addressed.
Freedom of assembly
Silencing Voices Of Dissent
Free speech cases
Another point to note as this is one of my main concerns in presenting this to you all. Infractions of constitutional laws of this nature must be addressed by a larger audience and should not be tolerated. In case you haven’t noticed this is the first step in making a my "petition to the government for a redress of grievances"

2nd Amendment:

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the
people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The past actions of the BRAC commission raised questions I am more concerned with issues and such as Public law 87-297 "Arms control and disarmament act" Signed into law in by President Kennedy in 1962 and later amended by President George Bush Sr. in 1989. Surely this wasn’t the idea behind this Constitutional Amendment. For further reading related to this issue please also read these government publications:
Blueprint for the peace race (pdf only)
DEPARTMENT OF STATE PUBLICATION 7277
Given the nature and intent of those publications it should also be considered that established constitutional law should not be allowed to be overridden without the will and consent of the people, the idea that our government has for many years been making decisions like this without our will or consent is disturbing...at best.

3rd Amendment:
"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, Nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."

My only issue with these ideas is a personal belief that the ideals being fought for should also be upheld in any circumstance and any country. Otherwise we a nation will only continue to send a message of hypocrisy to the rest of the world.

4th Amendment:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

In past and recent months, the TSA and subsequently the DHS have been at the forefront of accusations of violating these rights.
Testimonial
Additional Testimonial
Coupled with the "USA Patriot ACT" also known as HR 3162 and the FISA Amendments Act of 2008 also known as HR 6304 I will happily agree there have been transgressions of law, probably more so regarding these rights than most others.
Warrantless searches?
Congressional Testimonial
The question of a "no-fly" list which our government has haphazardly assembled, and whether they infringe upon an individual’s right to be secure in their person against such claims of unreasonable search and seizure should not have to be a question at all.
While we must also consider the greater public safety the means in use is in my opinion an obvious violation. Perhaps not every case applies but surly there have been and will continue to be violations that stand unless we continue to be vigilant. Names from the past that stand out like, Terry Shivo and Elian Gonzales bring to mind some examples where these laws limiting our government’s actions are intertwined with their constitutional duty.
Then there are the FEMA "Fusion centers" which is a concerted effort by many organizations, including DHS and DOJ that are being brought to light, and while i won’t go into much detail other than to provide you with links to this information, an additional internet search for will provide much information for your consideration.
Then there are the most recent acts of our president in the past few days that are certain to raise eyebrows, and though i have not had sufficient time to research this act and its implications, i have included it so that you may have the same information i do and be able to research it for yourself. This particular issue also ties in heavily with the violations of the 5th Amendment

5th Amendment:
"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Again, military action should not infringe on the very rights they fight to preserve.
Even our "enemies" have rights under the Geneva conventions and whether recognized by another nation or not they are still human. One example are blockades and embargoes of nations who do not agree with foreign policies of our nation and others, simply because their leaders claim sovereignty and do not ascribe to our laws or our implementation of it, our policies should not force a citizen population experience hunger or sickness because we do not allow them to receive food and medicine.
It could also be argued that past judgments on "Eminent Domain Law" (which also serve to set precedence in future hearings) are an injustice to this Amendment. Sometimes our property is all we have for generations of hard work and dedication, difficult at best to relate "just compensation" in this context.
Here also, the "USA Patriot ACT" shows its overreaching and outright inhumane nature as legislation and an overwhelming violation of U.S. Constitutional law.

6th Amendment:
"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an Impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense."

Only another quick mention of the patriot act...
The only people (not affected by the patriot) who are truly responsible for the infringements on these rights are the very individuals whom this Amendment was intended to protect, think about it...
In 2009 there were 13, 687,241 arrests. That boils down to 750 trials per day, per state, seems like a daunting task to say the least. The people, the time and the money involved must be a monument to the issues at stake here. Then consider the nature of the arrests, surely they were not all dealt with in the same manner. Someone reaching trial for a traffic violation surely is not dealt with in the same manner as someone who is facing murder charges. All this must put an astounding pressure on the justice system, none the less these individuals are entitled to their rights. I cannot help but think that there must be some way to alleviate these pressures not only on our courts but on our police departments as well.

7th Amendment:
"In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law."

The only reason i choose to cite this Amendment was to keep it fresh in your minds. Though i am not aware, nor could find examples of, any violations of this amendment, I am not all knowing and you may have more information to add here then i do.

8th Amendment:
"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

My issue here is that our states and federal penal systems are an ever increasing definition of cruel and unusual punishment. Stories of gang rapes, beatings and killings would be a good deterrent from crime, if only those stories were false.
Prison Commission
National Geographic
CBS
The penalty our society pays because of this type of injustice is indeed a cruel affliction. Though i have said that i do not have much sympathy for criminals, it is the ideas behind the rights being protected, which must be upheld.
To condemn a petty thief or drug addict to spend time in this type of an environment will surely create further ill will and criminal misconduct, towards society by individuals who would otherwise be considered harmless when compared with violent habitual offenders.
I will also convey a concern i have with excessive bails; I believe that bail should be set as percentage of income, or some other such standard. Just because some people have more money to pay higher bails does not mean that they should suffer any less for committing that crime, while other people who do not have the means of affording such large sums of money and are forced to endure hardship and for the same crime, and in some cases spend months or years imprisoned without verdict while "awaiting trial"...
So much for innocent until proven guilty, or so it "seems" but then the idea that these individuals who do commit crimes and are subsequently caught, use the rights of the 6th amendment to hold up the justice system and prolong their trials. A very worrisome set of circumstances to say the least and an issue that, if we got together and worked on, we could surely resolve. There must be a better way...

9th Amendment:
"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Just the simple idea that Bills like these:
H.R. 6304
H.R. 3162
P.L. 87-297
as examples, are an afront to American freedom and complete and intentional acts to bypass our rights.

10th Amendment:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Linked eternally with the same violations of the 9th, i would take one step further to add information about our newly federalized healthcare bill, not so lovingly dubbed "Obamacare" or otherwise known as H.R. 3590 or P.L. 111-148
"The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" Not sure exactly where in the Constitution, the government is granted the ability to force Americans to purchase anything...

In addition a quick glance at the "Declaration of Independence" (in its ENTIRE form) will show additional confirmation that the U.S. Government is guilty of committing many of the same transgressions of which the British crown was accused. I will quote some of them for you as an example...
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people,
and eat out their substance."
"He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power."
"He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,
and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation"
"For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent"
"For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally
the Forms of our Governments"
"He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death,
desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled
in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation."

Additionally the ideas that lobbyists and special interest groups can pay off our representatives to influence law in their favor is unacceptable.
Likewise it is even easier for entire Administrations to perpetuate lies and remove boundaries and balances our government was intended to have, in order to prevent it from becoming the over bearing, over taxing, obtrusive and offensive government we shed more than 250 years ago.
On top of these major incursions into the freedom and lives of the independent American citizen, there are also mounting concerns and questions in regards to border security and immigration, Personal liberty and property, Social Welfare and wellbeing, Foreign affairs, and a slew of other issues, which is where all of you come in.
If we continue to stand by and allow this type of governance to continue, we will be witness to our freedoms being stripped from us and our posterity.

I would also like to point out the idea that i may be wrong, perhaps i have misinterpreted the issues or simply misunderstood them altogether...and upon deeper reflection, perhaps THAT is the greater issue...

"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if
the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood."
James Madison

I believe that when it comes to our freedoms and our laws and the means with which we deal with others there should be no room for misinterpretation, no room for questions. These matters should be concise and simple. With so many people doing and experiencing life in so many ways, we should be able to glance at our laws and treaties and understand them simply, with no need for historical or legal interpretation.
There are so many ideas and perspectives in society, the idea that they all are being clumped into a false spectrum of politics, race or religion is entirely inaccurate, but these are just some of the ploys used as a political tool to further the divisions within our society.

While the instances i have presented are only a glimpse into the issues which need to be addressed, they are the tip of the iceberg, and in my opinion, any one of them is reason enough for redress of grievances...THATS why!

Now, we should deal with the next question...What?
What DO we do about it?
What CAN we do about it?

Should we continue to be apathetic as the problem escalates and threatens our country with civil war?
Should we allow these actions to continue until our government turns a free, open society into a militaristic federal empire, and begins prosecuting and imprisoning its own citizens for their political or personal beliefs, why not ask someone who HAS been arrested for just that, what they think should be done? What should be done when many of the issues swirl about into one dizzying and sad story?
So, what is it that can be done, short of an armed insurrection, which could change the course of our nation for the better and save it from itself?
Truth is there are many options. While i have toyed with idea of a political career, demonstrations, or mass appeal to lawmakers, history has shown me that none would as effective As ideas like secession, re-writing the declaration of independence or, the best and most reasonable option that has presented itself.

new topics

join