It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 - 616? wtf?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For centuries people have considered 666 to be the number of the beast right? Well i've found numerous sites that claim it was a mistranslation, the "real" number of the beast is 616

So, apparently the devil moved, thus changing his area code.... No wonder we can't get a hold of him ffs...

He now lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Just so you know

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

I've been trying to track this dude down for ages.

I want to know how to cut down my heating bill, and reckon he'd be the guy to ask.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I actually spent a few years of my life (about 15) researching everything that I could find on "666" and found almost an endless stream of divergent interpretations. One could actually author a lengthy thread on the subject.

For example Satanists believe the actual number is 9 ( 6 + 6 + 6 = 18, 1+ 8 = 9 ) as nine is an eternally recurring number. No matter how you multiply it, 9 always returns to itself ( 9 x 6 = 54, 5 + 4 = 9 ).

Or one could regard the actual number as literally stated in scripture ( six hundred, threescore, and six ) and come up with 600606 or 6002020206.

We have some exceptionally knowledgeable numerologists and students of the occult on ATS. Maybe some will pop-in and elucidate even further.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well the symbolism in corporate hidden & overt logos are still 666, so if it is 9 or 616, someone needs to tell these corporations they are honoring the wrong numbers.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
VI = 6, S = 6, and I = 6 all in different numerals.

VISA= 666.

Oh snap...Mark of the beast is in full throttle

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Hebrew and Greek alphabet does not have separate characters or alphabets for numbers and letters. Letters are also used as numbers. So each letter is a numerical value.

The Hebrew equivalent of our "w" is the letter "vav" or "waw". The numerical value of vav is 6. So the English "www" transliterated into Hebrew is "vav vav vav", which numerically is 666.

top topics

join