It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 54 Million gallons of Fracking Water went missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.northcentralpa.com...

I think it just went into the ground some place, maybe a chamber or something or it joined into the water table or something. But that can't be good that the water went where they didn't expect it to go. I would think it would just replace the oil in the chamber the oil was in. But it didn't go where they expected it to go, so I guess now they can't get to it.

Do they normally suck the water back out after they are done fracking?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Do they normally suck the water back out after they are done fracking?

ummm.. what ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I believe the gas pressure pushes the fracking liquid, but never all of it, back out the wellhead.

Don't quote me though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

About 30% of the fluid used in fracking is recovered as waste which must then somehow be disposed of. The other 70% or so stays down deep in the ground and exactly what happens to it -- well, nobody knows for sure.

I'd like to recommend a thread to you. It's called Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one. It's a big thread and started out mainly with concerns about the quake swarms in AR, but since then it has progressed to include a lot of discussion and information about the effects of fracking.

I'm sure if you wish to mention what you've found you'll be most welcome. Yes, it's a huge thread but even if you just read the last couple of pages you'll get some idea of what's going on there. This was the thread that led to the formation of a group who are organized to bring the problems of fracking to the notice of more people. Probably the key guy on the thread is Robin Marks -- its OP. If you address your concerns to him he'll certainly look into it.

Another thread by Robin, called Get your fracking hands off my Yellowstone! is also worth checking out. When you read what the energy companies are planning it is truly scary, as the drilling (and fracking) they want to do around Yellowstone could have truly diasatrous consequences.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I know where it wnet remeber all the dead fish washing up on shore.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wonder how many ATS-ers living in Australia realise that there's a consolidated push to frack for natural gas beneath one of the most densely populated areas in the entire of Australia ?

They're planning/intending to frack beneath St. Peter's, an inner-city suburb of Sydney

It only came to public attention recently, but even so, less than ten percent of the population are aware of what's going on and local groups are trying to raise public awareness before it's too late

The guy who wrote this linked article sounds very in favour of fracking, doesn't he ? Does he live in the area about to be fracked, we wonder ? Or have those who plan to profit from fracking persuaded him that it's 'all good' ? www.theage.com.au...

Then there's this next article, which tends to sit on the fence whilst nevertheless being 'seen to be' concerned:
inner-west-courier.whereilive.com.au...

And now an excerpt from an article which dates from as recently as December 2010, which states there's doubt the vast majority are even aware of what's going on and WILL be going on, right below their high-rise apartments:

exploration starts early 2011 (according to this special report from Sun Herald).

if it isn't bad enough to be drilling in the city, the scary thing (I think) is that they *do* use fracking techniques when drilling in the country areas close to the dams in most states. this could have huge impact in contaminating our water supplies, which as we know are very precious (luckily we've had rain this year so many dams are full)

also I don't recall receiving any notices about this in leaflet drops - a city of sydney one arrived this week, I'll have another read to see if it's mentioned. if the greens hadn't asked for more info I'm not sure anyone would have known about this??

there's a film called Gasland showing at these cinemas which shows the practice of fracking in the USA. I'm going to see this on the weekend.

www.aliak.com...

And now a frightening snippet from another recent article which should chill Sydney readers:

Unknown to Sydney residents, Apollo Gas, via a subsidiary, Macquarie Energy, was granted a petroleum exploration licence by the NSW government in October 2008, allowing it to prospect across the Sydney region.
Last week Greens MLC Cate Faehrmann successfully obtained documents exposing the
inadequacies in environmental regulation for coal seam gas in New South Wales.

Cate’s office discovered that Industry & Investment NSW seem to be
doing little more than rubber stamping exploration proposals without the
input of the Department of Environment, including sites where hydraulic
fracturing is to be used - a dangerous method of stimulating gas reserves
kilometres below the surface

The office also unearthed a secret drilling proposal for coal seam
exploration below the metropolitan Sydney suburb of St Peters. The local
residents, councils and other stakeholders were unaware, but the NSW
Government has already approved the drilling

NO consultation at all with the millions who live above the proposed fracking area !

And the New South Wales government (an oxymoron right there) didn't even consult with it's own
Department of Environment !

Read more here: marrickvillegreens.wordpress.com...

As your grandparents might have mentioned, ' Money speaks'

Money also knows how to keep things a secret too, obviously

edit on 14-3-2011 by Dock9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join