It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time you felt fear?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good question, fear is vast, theres something for everyone.
I guess my most memorable bout of fear was when i thought i was losing my mind. I recall utter confusion (dark confusion as the OP said), flashes of music, fast but as though played in reverse and a feeling of being sucked down with complete awareness of the danger i was in. That if my mind collapsed i may never rebuild it to my satisfaction. An interesting afternoon.

The world we are in right now, the world that needs to get better is a world based on fear. Fear in and of itself is a healthy, instinctive part of who we are, fear has played a part in getting us this far, the fearless baby would probably end up in the sabretoothed cats belly, the adult would be equipped with an early warning system that gets them the hell outta there. The problem is that we have become slaves to fear, to the point that even slight changes in the environment can flick the fear switch and we run, but now we run from ourselves. I think this is changing, by confronting and searching for the truth, we expose ourselves to what should and does instill fear, but we press on, we continue and we dont back down.

A wise man called Dorje Dradul says about fear being the gateway to fearlessness, that by confronting fear we are opening ourselves to the tenderness and vulnerability that underlies fear. He says “Nervousness is cranking up, vibrating all the time. When we slow down, when we relax with our fear, we find sadness, which is calm and gentle. Sadness hits you in your heart and your body produces a tear….that is the first tip of fearlessness.”

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Girls make me feel fear. That's about it... I'm not afraid of places, of fighting people bigger than me, of animals, but girls man... Especially the hot ones. When a friend of mine dares me to go get the number of that smoking hot girl who looks 5 years older than me and I start walking towards her, that is when I feel fear. What am I gona say? Will she take me seriously? Am I fidgeting? Damn I'm getting closer to her. What to do, what to do.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The 1st and only time I've seen a UFO ... about a year ago..

Was totally frozen for a few seconds... by the time I was able to tell my friends what I was looking at, the damn thing was pretty much gone.

Since then, I've thought about fear differently and haven't felt anything close to that.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
Girls make me feel fear. That's about it... I'm not afraid of places, of fighting people bigger than me, of animals, but girls man... Especially the hot ones. When a friend of mine dares me to go get the number of that smoking hot girl who looks 5 years older than me and I start walking towards her, that is when I feel fear. What am I gona say? Will she take me seriously? Am I fidgeting? Damn I'm getting closer to her. What to do, what to do.

if your scared of girls you might be gay son

And trust me, UFO's are scarier than any humans in this world

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I just wrote this the other day (was trying to put a book together and realized this was the end of it):

"You may break down walls to see who comes to your aid, I break walls down to discover whats behind them -- if there's a wall worth putting up I sure as hell better not be able to break it down alone. --> Retrospect: if you built walls & they're strong they're there for a reason, break 'em down you're moving forward, but know all of us need walls to stay conditioned & keep our humanity in remission.

I have a problem with commitment.
That is the truth about my issues with life (in total) – however variables effect other things in life on smaller scales which in turn are hurting those around me and I do feel bad about these things."

This was an awesome recognition -

I find my issues and solve them in that instant.

I have and will infinitely tell myself rock bottom is right now, OCD purposefully basically that I control with word association -

- I think the word 'happy' a smile is on my face not by will but by mechanical means of the brains constant reconstruction. It gets deeper than smiling but you get the point.

Try it out. Worked well for friends, and it seems to have sparked a domino effect, we all are doing so more so than ever before.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

only when i do somthing bad, and contemplate on that thought...witch replays on my mind

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
When I was younger, I had a very bad case of anxiety. It always kicked in when I was home alone, or a place without many people. I'm not really sure how I got over it, it almost seems like I just grew out of it after a couple of years.

But the last time I can remember being truly fearful of anything, was probably 7 years ago when I had a very close encounter with a grizzly bear.

The best advice I can give you, would be to simply tell yourself that the fear is all mental next time you are afraid.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I have not felt fear since a closed head injury in 1996...
...a had a small bleed in a central brain structure that cut communication...
...to some regions of my left temporal lobe and left frontal lobe...
...and I have been unable to experience fear ever since.

It is very interesting to be a passenger when I drive apparently...
...I don't take risks but have not fear in circumstances where others would be cautious.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A demon/evil spirit/dark energy (call it what you will) came in to my life last year. Its presence is the worst feeling i have ever experienced, it is dark and heavy, and literally has brought random tears to my eyes. About a week ago it came to me for the first time in months, i confronted it and talked with it, it simply asked me what path i was choosing. I replied, "neither as of now" and it asked me to join it. I told it i would destroy it, this really pissed it off and it went away in a rage. The heavy feeling was lifted and i have felt like a new man ever since

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join