It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Map Updated Every 3 Minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thought I would pass this along seeing as there are a lot of people here asking questions. Updated every 3 minutes.

Web site where the average citizen (or anyone in the world) can see what radiation levels are anywhere in the USA at any time...

www.radiationnetwork.com...

Nuclear map of Japan:

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Okay, that is just cool.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think it is a little disconcerting that the Japanese map has not been updated, for the Japanese, not the West. Also, I'd like to point out that the US map has elevated about 10 points or so in the Western cities since last night. Although, it has still not raised above levels that were seen in NY before this crisis happened.

Moral of the story, NY is radioactive with or without fallout

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by jude11

I think it is a little disconcerting that the Japanese map has not been updated, for the Japanese, not the West. Also, I'd like to point out that the US map has elevated about 10 points or so in the Western cities since last night. Although, it has still not raised above levels that were seen in NY before this crisis happened.

This explains alot actually.

*hides from radioactive rabid New Yorkers*

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Yeah, thought it would help people with their questions and concerns. Hope so anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great Site!

Maybe some ATSers will join this network and we can get even more readings. I was already thinking of purchasing a Geiger counter, so over the next couple of weeks, maybe I can get one online.

Star and Flag.

I will be watching that site for any spikes over the coming week or two.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by jude11

Yup. in this case it's not about what you see, but what you don't see that should be a warning.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Stated on the Japan map page:

"One of our Network members lives in Japan in a northern suburb of Tokyo, and we have asked him to operate his station for the benefit of the Network, but so far no response."

uh-oh?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's kind of alarming to see so many of our own nuclear reactors along the coast.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow thank you sooo much!

I am going to be pushing your find far and wide.
TY a billion times. No, 2 billion times.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

Yeah, looking at that we should have a counter in our bug-out bags:

www.geigercounters.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I didn't even know there was a Nuke Plant so close to me!!

Nuke plant in Dothan, AL

Seeing as how I am only about 80 miles to the East of there, it seems prudent to have a Geiger counter! I will be seeking permission from the wife now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for the link.I will be picking one up, after viewing the number of reactors on the East coast. lol

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There are over 100 operating nuclear power plants in America and 16 non-operational power plants, and a large number of nuclear fuel and weapons facilities.

Here's a list with more detailed info.

www.animatedsoftware.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This link has come up in a few related threads now. Hopefully someone watching is actually keeping track of the levels if they do increase. It would be great if all the participating ATS users could speak up in here.

What would be nice is a monitoring station at midway, something that could give us a heads up before it's hitting the coast.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yeah, Midway would be the perfect place to have a monitor. Do you know if there are Tsunami monitoring stations there? Seems also like a logical place.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

I swear I will never understand the need to build reactors on active major fault lines. The US built a series of them on the San Andreas. Like the fact that the continent is cleaving in two right there isn't apparent by the big freaking canyon.

I'd like to think the people making these decisions were smart - but things like that make me highly doubt that they are as smart as they think they are.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks a million for the link, Jude11. That is an awesome site and will help alot of folks, I think, who do not have geiger counters of their own. Would love to sign up for their site as a monitor but I only have the old style non-digital type of counter in my B.O.B. Planning on setting it up tonight to monitor any weird spikes we may get in western NY and will gladly post anything odd on this thread if anyone is interested in knowing.....but if NY is as radioactive as it seems it is, what would be considered...odd??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks, I'm sure that any info you can post of your findings will be greatly appreciated by a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes I agree, doesn't seem to logical now does it? Especially after the Japan crisis.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join