It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer Chain for hundreds of thousands of Japanese.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just wanted to start a formal prayer chain. Regardless of your religious preference or beliefs, I think we can all agree that the people of Japan need as much help as possible in the coming weeks/months. Set our differences aside, and let love and compassion fall from our hearts and minds to those in need of humanitarian support and aid. I had the pleasure of visiting Japan for a month a few years ago and fell in love with the people and the country, my 4 close friends over there are accounted for and safe, but tens of thousands are not; swept out to sea, drown, crushed or made homeless by 50' waves and the natural occurrences of the Earth.

Let us pray for them.

God Bless Japan and the lives who have been claimed by this disaster, let their families find comfort in your hands and in the minds of others around the world and help in the unification of man in times of great need so that the strong may survive and the weak may prosper...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you genuinely want to help, please donate! www.google.com...

I realise many religious people base their decisions on the contents of an antiquated book, so I'll leave you with a Bible passage:

James 2:15-16 (New International Version, ©2011)
15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Instead of praying i.e. doing nothing how about donating a few dollars to a relief organization?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Look guys/gals, don't hate on the notion of 'praying'. It's simply the unified thought of hundreds of people [of faith] thinking the same thing and showing some compassion for others in peril. This shouldn't be a prayer bashing thread. Japan has the GDP equal to China and the worlds superpowers are already uniting to help them (thats my U.S. tax dollars happily at work for humanitarian aid abroad), so financially they are fine and it is almost impossible to get overseas to lend a hand personally right now.

Please keep this clean, from the heart, and compassionate full of love so that if a Japanese citizen were to view this thread, it would make them feel good that so many are thinking about them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

You don't need faith in a mythical entity to project compassionate thoughts.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
No you don't, you're right. So project some compassionate thoughts instead of trying to prove a point. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Bump to shoot some happiness to Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I agree, from the bottom of my heart, I wish the best for all the people over there.

new topics

top topics

join