It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hero eats 20,000th BIG Mac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would like to see the size of this guy he's been eating Big Macs almost everyday since 1972.

20,000 and counting

By Renee DuFore Russell
the reporter [email protected]

It was love at first bite back in 1972 when Don Gorske of Fond du Lac ate his first Big Mac.

On Monday, he ate his 20,000th McDonald�s Big Mac and still relishes every mouthful.

Gorske, who has gained nationwide fame through his daily habit of stopping for a couple of Big Macs and keeping count, was surrounded by about 200 fans and curiosity seekers, and had microphones and camera lenses stuck in his face as he reached a McMilestone in his unusual avocation.

Full Story

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I heard about this guy a few years ago. My comment is that if this is what America considers a hero then it is no wonder why things are so bad.

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wonder if he can be used by the defense in lawsuits against McD's. They can always hold him up as an example of somebody who's not dead yet! *L*

I can't imagine getting so hooked on something that you actually would count each and every one over the course of 30 years. This guy's ticking!

(I think the "hero" thing was sarcasm, as that word, thankfully, didn't appear anywhere in the story!)

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by torque]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok now that is just disggusting. 20,000 Big Macs?

That's just nasty.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
that guy is a modern marvel, did anyone see supersize me? the guy in that film ate it for a month, and he almost died!!!!!!! we need to do tests on him and stuff, we can call it project fat @$$!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think this may be the same man in the film Supersize Me, Evil.
If so, keep in mind this man never eats the fries

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

"At 6 feet tall and almost 85kg, Gorske said he proves that foods you love don't have to make you fat."

And a pic:
www.wasteoftechnology.com...

Looks like one of the Oasis guys! *L*

new topics

top topics

join