It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Hold The Government Accountable If They Lie About the Radiation Fallout?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
OK, hold on a minute. Since "government" is supposed to protect it's population, the first duty of ANY government, then it makes sense that people should have as many FACTS as possible and use it to help themselves, thats my view. However lets be honest, most people know squat about anything with the word "nuclear" associated with it. And this is critical because with the volume (and agenda's) of news sources in any disaster means for the average person, the best defense is to be as informed as possible about a given subject. Radiation is not as cut and dry as a threat as we would like. Chernobyl and Three mile Island were radically different. Chernobyl was an inevitable disaster for many reasons that are endemic in a police state. At 3mile Island, no one died. But everyone freaked out. It would take to long to go into the different types of reactors and the safety pros/cons. The bottom line? I want to be given the FACTS, and let me use that to help myself and family. But the information is only as good as "what you know about a threat ahead of time", hopefully meaning if you are near a nuclear source, you know its nature. With that you can design your own response to any (ok most) disasters.

I do expect my government to tell me what I need to know but we all know that they WON'T if they expect the usual hysterics. If a population knows "the worst case scenario", but also has a good warning system and evacuation plans made ahead of time, the so-called "government" is more likely to tell you the truth. When I was in the former USSR I always had iodine pills on me . Silly? No, went with the neighborhood and any way would you believe anything the USSR government said? Bottom line. Tell us the truth and give us "something to do" if we feel we must as we always say "do something". But the best defense against any disaster is to know as much as you can about a possible threat long before you have to. Thats up to you alone. As far as after the fact holding anyone accountable? Ask me when it's over, if I'm still here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hmmm,. well do what about it
just like 911?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmm,. well do what about it
just like 911?

If you expect "magic" from any government, buddy your going to always be disappointed. If I was at the 911 impact sites the best advice anyone could have given is to run. Period. The greater responsibility a person takes for their own safety the greater the chance they will survive any disaster. Some thing's you can't plan for but many thing's we can. You'll sleep better if you feel more in control, in the end, of your own fate.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Took me all of 5 minutes to decide I would eat the fish when I get to Ding Darling and the Everglades. I will swim in the Gulf. I will fish the Gulf. I work hard to keep my innards healthy so if this damages them, I can work hard to heal them again.

As far as radiation goes-I trust no one in government. Any government. They want to keep us calm, not safe.

Keep your eyes open, learn how to protect yourself, eat properly, and think: "what if there was no doctor? how would I guard my health?"

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Radioactive fallout has been raining down on Americans since we did nuclear testing in the 50's. Plutonium falls on our heads from satilites who's powercells burnt up on re-entry. They never told us about these fallouts, why would they tell us about any others? I contend most cancer is cause by our experiments of the past, and our failure to look ahead when we put things in space.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by katfish

Took me all of 5 minutes to decide I would eat the fish when I get to Ding Darling and the Everglades. I will swim in the Gulf. I will fish the Gulf. I work hard to keep my innards healthy so if this damages them, I can work hard to heal them again.

As far as radiation goes-I trust no one in government. Any government. They want to keep us calm, not safe.

Keep your eyes open, learn how to protect yourself, eat properly, and think: "what if there was no doctor? how would I guard my health?"

You said what I tried to say but it didn't take you 10,000 words...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It always seems that "those" who say everything is fine and say "relax" like you did are those members who just joined ATS as you have today..........

Why is that I wonder

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

His was 03/14/2010. A year ago.

BTW...........

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Lol.........His white avatar background blended his date plus I need glasses.........lol............My apology to the post........He lasted more than 6 months.......lol........so he must be real..........lol

edit on 14-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, myself like many others have had our heads buried in the other ongoing threads but this is an important one and will get the attention needed in due time, right now everyone is still trying to prove what we know as the facts and start spreading those facts out to our friends loved ones and the entire internet community at large, we area massive network of concerned individuals.

You are ahead of the situation and I will be back to comment.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, since all the maps of Chernobyl currently don't appear to show the fall out that happened where I live....and no one seems to have ever thought anything about it.....I doubt anyone would hold them accountable for such a lie.

Past behaviour is the best indicator of future behaviour.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Now that www.geigercounters.com... is down..............We need to start thinking of what we are gong to do if the Gov does indeed lie to the public..........Not informing the public during the 48 hour window is a criminal offence..........

edit on 15-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The Virginia Department of Health has issued a warning to state residents: do not drink rainwater.

The warning comes after radioactive particles released in Japan have been documented around the United States and now in places on the East Coast.
Source www.nbcwashington.com...

Wish I would have known, the report was dated 28 March 2011. I listen to NPR & didn't hear anything about it.

Well I was in the rain yesterday & So were my dogs who came in & licked their paws. Am I going to need to start swirling Iodine on all of us, glad I only have 8 sheep, LOL!

Ektar

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's as though the question is a moot point. The U.S. government has shown it's doesn't care what we the supposed people think. They only care about their wallets and not about what's right or what the will of the people might be. "We The People" have been sold down the river long ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join