It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a rad badge which will be turned in next week.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I currently work on radioactive equipment. I will not go into details as to what because it is not your need to know. I can tell you that I have checked my dosimeter badge regularly to make sure I don't get to much. I know I am always at a very low level due to the safety precautions put in place. Plus if I ever had a high dose I would be suspended from operations meaning not allowed to work in the area.

I due have meters which go down to micro/milli ren levels. So when I go out at lunch I will take some samples.

I am due to turn in my rad badge next week so I will be leaving it outside in a plastic bag so it does not get wet. It does not need to be exposed to air to pick up any type of radiation as the radiation will pass through it like it is invisible that is why lead is usually used to block it. It is a film type I believe which is worn in the chect area to measure head and body exposure. When I send it in next week it takes like 2 weeks before we get the results. When there in I will post the exposure level.

The only issue is I'm on the east coast and will not get as much exposure as the west coast is about to get.

Any west coasters out there who can take some data for the peeps.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Be sure to post to this thread as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Member Jlafleur02 is trying to put together volunteers to take readings.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Sir, can you please tell these nancys in the Top thread on the fallout about to hit that they all dont know jack compared to someone who works in the field? It seems most think radioactive particulates just freakin dissapear themselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks for taking out time to post your results here. I look forward to what you bring to the table!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DayKnightmare

Frankly my dear friend people just don't give a dam and will just keep drinking the cool aid. The particulate matter which lands on your skin can be washed off yes true. But what happens when it enters you blood via your lungs all bets are off.

This stuff is radio active and is in the process of decay true. Now if this stuff is cessium from the melted rods we are all up #s creek.

Cessium is only given off during the the melting process when the material inside the rods begins to melt.

I almost fell off my chair when the said it was safe.

I have a friend who lives in UNEO sounds like wayno who were in the area who work on the radioactive stuff bugged out after the explosion and headed for the west coast of Japan toward Nagano. They said that when the explosion took place there were racks of stored material which had highly contaminated stuff in it. They have remote/satelite areas which they temporarly store stuff until it is moved to the main storage facility where the fuel is stored which was blown up and is completely gone.

Good luck with that. oh ya it is safe.

NOT

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I tuned in my badge. I will post the data once it is available to me. Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Will be interested to see what comes back.
Staying tuned...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Went to the depatment where my records are kept and requested my dosimeter readings.

Currently to date I have 2millirem hole body 1/mrem head.

This has not changed.

I did bring home a geiger counter and checked it with the source which is mounted on the side for reference.

I checked the calibration and it was dead on. Took it outside and placed ot to the soil in my garden and It picked up trace amounts slightly above background.

So it looks ok. SAFE...

I have not finished testing the ground water yet. I had a busy week and weekend.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I posted the results. Looked ok. Head and checst were normal. My dose to date was 2millirem body 1 millrem head.

I know I have received more than that at my previous imployer I got hit a couple of times walking through a beam during measuring x-rays.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is good news. Thank you for the follow up.

new topics

top topics

join