It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to banish a ghost cat?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have recently bought a new apartment, except the apartment is 30 years old. At first I thought I had a ghost, perhaps an old resident who passed away... but its looking more likely that it is actually a ghost cat!

So do the same rules for banishing a ghost (human) apply to banishing a ghost (cat)? I've read many different ways of banishing ghosts and have tried many of them, but nothing seems to work for this ghost cat! Any advice?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Awww... the poor cat probably just wants a cuddle!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A ghost cat is the best kind. It cannot claw your leather furniture or spray your drapes and you do not have to clean out the litter box. Give it some tuna and cat toys.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Be careful it may try to take your breath while you sleep....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
all funniness aside... any serious advice?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Simple. Get a ghost dog....

That is pretty wild though seriously. I guess you could always try telling it to get out.
But then the ghost mice would come out of the wood work.

I couldn't resist. Sorry.
Animals are pretty smart. Try telling it that it's owner has passed on and that the cat should go to them. I really have no clue. This is the first time I have ever heard of animal hauntings. Pretty neat actually.

ETA-- Why do you think it is a cat?
edit on 3/14/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I dont think you should try to banish it. It needs love, maybe in life it didnt recieve it so its looking to you. Please take care of it!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Well it doesn't do anything other than make similar noises to what a cat would make if it were climbing all over your furniture. Like if I'm watching TV the TV cabinet will creak as if the cat is walking in front of the TV which is something a lot of cats do! I goto bed at night and thats when the ghost cat comes in my room and starts jumping on all my stuff.

I flicked the sheets one time really hard just to clean them from some dust and I must have flicked the cat onto my desk opposite because the desk starting making some creaking type of noises for no apparent reason! Another time I heard it scratching at the door for quite a long time because I unknowingly must have trapped it in the bathroom!

I've tried asking for the owner, and well just about anyone really to come claim him or let the owner know they need to claim him. Doesn't seemed to of worked. I tried most modern approaches too like trying to communicate with it, burning sage, using holy water and even the LBRP if you know what that is.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
I dont think you should try to banish it. It needs love, maybe in life it didnt recieve it so its looking to you. Please take care of it!

mmmm perhaps you are right. I wouldn't mind so much if it were my own deceased cat because then I'd actually share some sort of connection/bond with it. In fact, at my old house I experienced my own deceased cat visit me every now and then, I could feel its paw prints creeping up the bed if you know what i mean. But this is one hell of a noisy ghost cat! I think I will take your advice and show it some love, maybe I can at least help it to make the decision to move on when it feels the time is right. The only thing is... I dont want to be inviting it in if it turns out to be something malevolent.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

That would probably lead me to believe it was a cat too.
That is fascinating. I love animals, but can understand the creepy/curious factor that can come from this issue.

I would not even know where to start as far as banishing him. Maybe he just really likes you.
Hopefully someone will be able to offer better advice as the day goes on.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Maybe you should get a priest to bless your house or have a psychic do some type of cleansing ritual. This isn't my area of expertise, the best person I can think of to ask is woodwytch.

You should send her a U2U asking for her input on this thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
an experiment!!!

try to feed it!

Put a bowl of water and food in the kitchen and watch what happens...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Interesting! we had ghost cats..but dont know if they were meleovent or not. in 1988, i was 13, played with an ouija board. now we did have 2 cats at the time, one was fattish, slightly of black, and another maine coon, black iwth white on chest. after playing the board for 3 weeks, ( it owuld temm me and a friend it was jesus, god, satan, a 9 year old who died in the area, which turned out to be true, virgin mary, an angel) we stopped cause it was spookin us out.
my mom started talking about a black transparant cat that started showing up around the house,a nd would run towars her. it had a fat body, and a tiny buzzsaw shaped head, yellowish eyes. one day, i entered my room afternoon time, and on my desk i had a small american flag on a stand. it was flapping! no lie! i looked i n awe at it, and saw a fat orange cat materialize! i joke you all not! it turned it head at me, meowed with no noise, and jumped off my desk and disappeared on the fllor. it had a out of shape fluffy tail. its eye were very green, and huge black slits for pupils. scared the bejesus outta me. never saw it again.
I did have scratching noises behind my bed, doorknobs broke on thier own from inside the house, lights would go on an odd, phone calls with static trhoughout the day, and one time, the vaccum cleaner started on its own unplugged and flashed its light very brighter than normal.
Ed and lorraine warrren were here, investigating and got some local priest to do an excorsim/house cleaning for us. according to her, i ahd let 7, possibly 9 spirits in, one of which may have been maleovent. i belive her, becaseu after they left all was quiet, but 8 months later in my basement, was watching tv, putting a model car together, i felt an uncomfortabel rpesence enter the room. i looked up and saw a tall black, appeared to be hooded, disembodied transparent smudge-near human shaped figure standing in the doorway. i tried too get up and leave the room, and couldnt move. i was told i experinced psychic paralysis. my hair got all staticy, and i felt it pass through me i guess...a small glass container next to me blew up. never saw it again after that.
during the duration, our real cats, the maine coon, would often sit in living room,starring at the celing, like something was thier, meowing at it. a few times, hed jsut sit in hte room, and stare at me with lifeless eyes. ide stare back, because it wasnt something he did ever.
about 6 years ago or so, i was in my room listnieng to some death metal i grew up listening too. negative energy/music. caniibal corpse. at this time i had an orange cat, oscar* i saw what apperared to be a black semi transparent aimal appear, listening to this music, i assumed it was a cat, looked like it. my cat oscar saw it too, jumped off my bed, and started pawing at the floor where the animal was. it had only back of its head visible, upper back, some front leg, and beginign of tail. about the size of a paint can or so. oscar was pawing at the same spot all playful like like something was thier. i had seenit before, listening to this music too.
so i dont, its mindless music now, im 36 almost, and grew outta it. so! i never knew if thopse ghost cats, were demonic, or something to do with the negative music and them or one, shwoing up ya know? i write this, is response kinda, to last post made...they might be maleavent* chances are in the post creators name, it isnt. in my case i have no idea...trying to get ahold of lorraine warren isnt easy! i have her number, and did call her 4 years ago after my father passed away from cancer. she called me back after 4 months the same night he dided that was weird, jsut i got back from hospitol. she basically said i should forget about it all, as thinking of it, can re open doors. they got some stuff on tape, and thats what ive beenafter all these years with her the tape* i need to see it ya know? she seems hesitant though, and dosnt wanna go looking for it in her archive. thats the weird thing..i mean i feel entitled to see it ya know? many unanswered questions.
my yoner sister, during this time, said she went into kitchen one day, and saw a man standing their, dressed like george washington, looked like he was cutting pepperoni or soemthing. he turned his head to look at her, thinned out in the air and disappeared. maybe the cat was his?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I live in a house that is about 84 yo. Shortly after moving into it 6 yrs ago, we began to experience strange things.
At night my wife and I could distinctly hear the sound of feet padding along the floor. after what sounded like a cat jumping down off a dresser or something.

There were some nights when we actually felt it JUMP on the foot of the bed and lay down. Very freaky, but we were not really frightened by it. I on one occasion caught a glimpse the "ghostly" image of a cat out the corner of my eye. I saw "it" jump down off of a cabinet in our living room and dash under our dinning room table them hop up to a shelf below a window looking out to our back yard.

Its been a couple of years since we have heard or "seen" anything. Made for some interesting nights for the wife and I. But to go along with the "cat ghost" we had a couple of other experiences that were a lil Freakier. One night a little before mid night about 3-4 yrs ago we could hear a kid in the upstairs bathroom playing. My son on occasion would get up in the middle of night and decide he was gonna play with his toys. So I thought I would sneak up stairs and catch him in the act. I could hear "him" talking in low tones to himself, couldnt make it out what was being said. So I crept up stairs peered around the door and no one was there. Freaked me out, hairs stood up on my neck and arms.

On another occasion at around midnight we heard a child callin for mom or mommy a few time, went up stairs and both kids sound asleep. Now this could have been our son, but the voice was very clear not that half sleepy out of it voice of a half asleep child. Went up stairs and the kids were both sound asleep. Might have still been the kid, but it happened another time after that, and they were both after the bathroom incident.

So there you have my experience with a ghost cat and child. Have no idea about the history of the house, if a child died here or not, but my wife and I are convinced it happened as we both experienced the same thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have 2 cats and had a period of time where they were playing with a ghost cat. I always only saw it out of the corner of my eye, it was gone as soon as I turned my head. I don't know where it came from or where it went, but it just disappeared after some time. Haven't seen it for over a year now. Bottom line, if it's no bother to you, just leave it..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
you could get a ghost dog?

Sorry....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
thats true, I can see where your coming from. Its hard to love something that you dont know, and can't see. Especially since you didn't know it when it was alive. Hmm! I dont know thats quite a strange situation.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You should see Animal Planet Channel The Haunted "Coven Of The Cat". Hope watching it can provide you with some answers. Part 3 is probably the part you want to see but I would watch them all so you can get the background! If the videos don't work then just look them up on google or youtube and it will bring them up that way.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Thanks for sharing your experiences Ziggy. I think you should listen to that psychic and try not to re-open any doors. I am much of the same opinion with these things that even so much as talking about it can let them back in. I was actually a little fearful after reading your post in case it brought any of those spirits over to my place! I really do think its as easy and simple as that.. just thinking about these things can open the doorway.

Thanks very much for the videos, at this stage I'm not going to try and arrange a proper cleansing, I will if it gets worse though. However someone suggested that it could actually be a totem. I don't really know much about totems but the thing is I have had experience in the past with removing malevolent entities using the LBRP. So I was quite surprised when I performed the LBRP and this presence was still around. It may just leave on its own accord so I'll see how things go for now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn
I have recently bought a new apartment, except the apartment is 30 years old. At first I thought I had a ghost, perhaps an old resident who passed away... but its looking more likely that it is actually a ghost cat!

So do the same rules for banishing a ghost (human) apply to banishing a ghost (cat)? I've read many different ways of banishing ghosts and have tried many of them, but nothing seems to work for this ghost cat! Any advice?

Hey there Eonnn,

I received your u2u and a couple more from other posters about this thread and asking me to stop by ... give me a while to catch-up with the Japanese earthquake thread and I promise I will come back ... read all the posts here ... and offer you some advise.

Back in a while

Woody

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join