It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who built Baalbek? How?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Looking at this, neither Solomon, nor the Phoenicians/Punic/Cananites may have had anything to do with these Foundation Stones.

Solomon, was around approximately 1000 BC.
Phoencians/Cananites were there around 3000 BC.

The Phoenicians, whose lands corresponds to present-day Lebanon and coastal parts of Israel and Syria, probably arrived in the region in about 3000 B.C

phoenicia.org...

Certainly the area was inhabited long before this. Byblos goes back at least 9000 years. (Maybe the Oldest City in the World).

But considering the Phoenicians or Solomon maybe a little late in the "Historical" Picture.

I have been looking for some time now, and I have not noted any "Dating" for the Baalbek Foundation stones. If there is some, let us know.

As for Legends, there are several areas which could be considered.

www.world-mysteries.com...

Arab lore

The Arabs believed that Baalbek once belonged to the legendary Nimrod, who ruled this area of Lebanon. According to an Arabic manuscript, Nimrod sent giants to rebuild Baalbek after the Flood.

Muslim lore

The local Muslims believed that it was beyond the capability of humans to move the enormous stones of Baalbek. Instead of giants, however, they credited the work to demons or djinn.

And another

Other legends associated Baalbek with the Biblical figure of Cain.......built it in the year 133 of the creation, during a fit of raving madness. He gave it the name of his son Enoch and peopled it with giants who were punished for their iniquities by the flood.

There are of course some "Other Suggestions" such as Sitchen's Alien Airport/Space Port. Even one which reflects a recent Movie, "10000 BC", with Mastodons

I would tend to think the "Cain" aspect could deserve some considerations, but for some reason, I can not believe the Land of Nod, is Lebanon. It's too far from the Black Sea.

But, if anyone has a Dating for these Stones, that could be useful in at least knowing who may have been there around that time.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

<< 1   >>

join