It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets, lessons? Whats the point of it if there is a God and we are all immortal beings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is there a point, or, is it all a joke... I tend to get that vibe from secret soceities.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If I knew the answer to that.....man, I don't know. I get so torn over this oldest of all questions. I figure there must be some point to all of this, otherwise, there really is no point. How's that for a meaningless reply??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Who Knows what those secret lessons are, most secret societies portray themselves as humanitarian organizations, who make good men better or something along those lines. But still follow secrecy regarding, some handshakes, secrecy Oaths etc. They are in public domain, directly engaged with society, making individuals who have certain ethics, they are not some multi-billion dollor corporation, who require privacy and secrecy. Their should be no secrecy in any such society.

Regarding Immortality, I think we were never born, so we cannot die. We are just observers. We have trapped ourselves by indulging too much into materialism and physicality.

edit on 14/3/11 by vinay86 because: Content.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Personally, one way or another, I intend to live forever.
edit on 14/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Perhaps the "secret knowledge" is not meant for you, therefore you cannot download it and use it for it's real purpose?
edit on 3/14/2011 by WraithXV because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2011 by gate13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

Perhaps a truth that the average person is not prepared for.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ElBraapo

Perhaps, there is no truth, only factual events, and lies.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

EXACTLY

This is why we keep trying to say Freemasonry doesn't have secrets. You have just exposed the top "secret" that Freemasonry holds and the ultimate truth that is revealed.

The reason for esoteric teachings, though, is not to keep the truth a secret, it is to help teach people how to really, really understand it.

Let's face it, the only evidence we have for immortality of the soul is anecdotes from people who have died and been resuscitated. It is a question science and religion will argue forever.

I haven't been in any secret societies, but it sounds like the teachings are very similar to Freemasonry. Giving people tools and guidelines to understand the real purpose of life.

I think the danger that leads to reluctance of esoteric groups from just "coming out with it" is that without rules of behavior and guidelines it's too easy to jump to the conclusion "If I am going to live forever then why be good?"

It's hard to explain and even harder to get people to believe that Freemasons aren't HIDING a SECRET. We simply provide a step by step process to truly and intuitively understand what it really means and how to make that ultimate truth work for humanity.

In my own opinion the whole purpose of human life IS 'lessons'. If we ever want to get out of this drudgery of material existence we have to 'pass the class' and learn that loving others is the key to our spiritual evolution. If we keep making the same mistakes over and over then we might as well be in "hell". (i don't think hell exists, except for this painful human existence.)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

why are you defending freemasonry when nobody in this thread mentioned it?

On topic - secrets and secret lessons are meaningless to me. Over the centuries , you are not really better than the person next to you because you possess a certain knowledge.

Okay - FOR INSTANCE, say if I really knew where the ark of the covenant is. SO you do.. know what? You can choose to do lots of things.. but are you a better person for knowing the location of this ancient relic? What if you told the population? So what they all go flocking to the relic . How can a meaningless object make the world a better place? It has been around for thousands of years how will it change the world? Ok so I can go up to it... what am I going to do... pray to it? If I recall correctly in the bible and as one of the commandments, god specifically forbids praying to idols or relics and false gods. What else can I do to it... steal it..? ok whatever..

How can a secret lesson benefit me? I am not sure really. Lessons in all subjects can be thought up of in terms of philosophy and spirituality lessons by any human on the earth. So how is it a secret if anyone can think it up and probably has?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

dude, that's deep for a Monday morning.

On that note, I feel like there is much more than just the masonic teachings that open up one's eyes to the true secret. And I am sure it's different for everyone, but I have learned as much talking here as I have inside the walls of the lodge. Possibly more.

I truly believe that there is a bigger side to the story of God than we even realize and one day we will be blown away by the knowledge of what that actually means.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by emsed1

why are you defending freemasonry when nobody in this thread mentioned it?

Vinay's language about these as-yet-unnamed societies is exactly the same as that which he used elsewhere to describe Freemasonry.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Is there a point, or, is it all a joke... I tend to get that vibe from secret soceities.

I believe the point is two fold. Energy, and Control. They take our energy from us to use for their own agenda, and they control us by manipulating the economy and jobs, and adjusting the price of health care. We are all immortal, but TPTB do not wish us to know that, ever. If we ever become aware.....well, they will be no more, that know this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It is said that the point of existence is–for those who want to do it–to develop Will-Power (Thelema) in order to attain Self-Realization.

For those who do not want to attain Self-Realization, it is implied that the point of existence is for them to simply gain experience before eventually returning to the Happiness of The Absolute; but without Self-Realization.

Not all of those who want Self-Realization necessarily achieve it. However, everyone will eventually be liberated; even though Liberation (whether it is achieved soon, or at the end of the Manvantara or Mahamanvantara) and Self-Realization are not necessarily the same thing (Self-Realization is said to always include Liberation, yet Liberation does not always imply Self-Realization).

In Kabbalistic and Buddhist terminologies:

Ain Soph = The Happiness of The Absolute without Self-Realization.

Ain Soph Paranishpanna = The Happiness of The Absolute with Self-Realization.

Gnostic Radio lectures on this topic:

2. Right Intention

A New Heaven and Earth

Four Pathways to Liberation

Great Selection of Souls or Psyches (1)

Great Selection of Souls or Psyches (2)

4. Right Action or Thelema (Willpower)

The Son of Man and His Chosen People (1)

The Son of Man and His Chosen People (2)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Tamahu because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Secrets, lessons? Whats the point of it if there is a God and we are all immortal beings?"

Good point. If you already realize your full potential then there is no need to go through one of these organizations. There is no need to go through them even if you HAVEN'T realized your full potential yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Because life is but a game and if we came in knowing all answers and ever so direct without learning the hardships the came with it, what would we learn, honestly? We'd learn jack squat. Hardship and pain is but a teacher. Secrets are to pique the interests to allow consistent learning.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The whole point is WINNING according to most people.
Some don't like the Illuminati Secret World Government to be WINNING with
making Japan use nuclear energy when Tesla Energy seems so much safer.

edit on 3/17/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: Duh a WINNING had too many Is

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
How can we all, as Human Beings, truly appreciate or believe?
Why do we all insist on having proof a belief or God exists?

It is said, that of another generation wanted a sign, and all they received was the sign of Jonah?
Would they know what this sign actually means? Or would we all assume there is no sign and turn?

With hundreds upon hundreds of different religions, each having their own sets of rules,
How would we all know which one to, for the lack of better words, believe-in?

How would we all know? For sure?

Do we have to step-out of our comfort zones, or rely on traditions held through the generations?
By learning literally, then learning and seeing from another perspective as parabolic, in-nature?
To reconcile both? Or to use the knowledge to discount one or all and then to rely on safe-holdings?

It is said, for all who seek, the thing in which they seek, will be found, when the intent of the heart is true.
Lessons, which seem quaint or of-old, tell of morals, which seem ancient and as dust, but are they?

One small artifact, which may seem insignificant and sublime, could be priceless, and a missing-piece of the picture of truth. Perhaps the entire point of the whole is to learn how to hone the skill of being unbiased, open.

Perhaps the entire point is to never to discount even the smallest "mustard seed." Or mountain.
The charitable act of giving of oneself; but is it the best and noble quality of mankind. One of total selflessness and being a choice of no condition.

A "Pearl of Great Price," "The Prodigal Son," "Lazarus," "St. John the Baptist," "Jonah," and the most-greatest of these, Jesus Christ, are most-excellent examples of mankind's greatest qualities.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air.
And like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself— Yea, all which it inherit—shall dissolve, And like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack* behind.

We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Yours is an amazingly poignant post which strikes to the very heart of their cunning business plan. All we need is God and Jesus His Son which atoned for our sins.

While cults teach so called secrets of Satan they are mainly involved in controlling their members and milking them for finances.

That being said, there are many people who on the opposite side of the coin are quite well of and have large reserves of revenue at their disposal.

That being said, Secret Societies are quite mysterious. I believe their ultimate agenda is to regulate the movements/patterns in society at large.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join