It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were watching the Quake posts... 1000 Saudi troops are now in Bahrain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

What is your take on Afghanistan then Fox. The US, British and other nations are fighting the taliban(or some other such entity) a minority trying to usurp democratic government of that country. But don't come out with the glib answer that the foreigners have rigged the election to put their puppet into power. Those elections were impartialy over seen and if you want you could go there yourself at the next election to see that it is impartial.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
When one looks closely at thr ME the overall mindset of the population are still tribal, whether racially or religeously, and the main reason for the unrests are not people fighting for democracy. They are fighting because they don't like the ruling party or faction and they want their own faction in power. I don't even have to prove this to anyone. Just ask any Bahranian, Egyptian or in fact any middle eastern where their alliegiances lie. The answer will be either a religeous sect or a tribal sect never and I mean never are they Bahranian or Iraqi(except if they are after inernational aid) never national.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayzeed

What is your take on Afghanistan then Fox. The US, British and other nations are fighting the taliban(or some other such entity) a minority trying to usurp democratic government of that country.

This is the same Taliban whose rise to power we applauded and funded in the first place as part of the "War on Drugs." We also created the conditions for this rise by launching a destabilization assault against the Marxist-leaning government of Afghanistan, and then waging a shadow war against the USSR when it came to the aid of its ally.

In the process of fighting our former allies, we are actually doing much more harm to th people of Afghanistan themselves. We blow up weddings because, you know, any gathering of Afghans has GOT to be making trouble. We kidnapped - even bought - thousands of men with no charges, no evidence, no cause. Many of them are still captive.

So yeah. We're there fighting against the Taliban. if we hadn't caused the whole mess in the first place, we wouldn't be. odds are if we packed it in tomorrow, the Afghan National Army would suddenly become WAY better tat protecting against these guys - and even if it's not, here's the sad shocker; life under the Taliban was better for Afghans than life under US occupation is. You were less likely to die. It's wild, I know, but between US indiscrimination, trigger-happy Afghan armed forces, and, of course, the warlords... I could understand if the people of Afghanistan might feel a little nostalgic. They used to have a country. it wasn't much of one, in fact it was a real manure heap. But still, it was a little bit better.

But don't come out with the glib answer that the foreigners have rigged the election to put their puppet into power. Those elections were impartialy over seen and if you want you could go there yourself at the next election to see that it is impartial.

Well, hate to burst your bubble, but that is exactly what Hamid Karzai is. Let's be realistic here. We can't reliably get ammunition to our own soldiers out in the boonies of Afghanistan, but we can be certain that all the votes in these same boonies were honestly counted, and just happened to put into power a guy who IS, in point of fact, in the purest definition of the term, a puppet?

You state in your next post that you do not have to "prove" your assertions. This must be awfully convenient, as those assertions, like this laughable post of yours, are wholly false and utterly uninformed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Very true. But we know that's not what They do. They have an agenda that has nothing to do with what We, the People, can support. Better then to just pull out of there than to continue the evils They perpetrate.
edit on 3/14/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

There is video all over youtube of nerve gas being used on civilians and more at least the net is still up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui

And the hits just keep on coming. The news, first noted yesterday that Saudi Arabia would send troops into Bahrain, has just been confirmed with a Saudi Official reporting that more than 1,000 Saudi troops have entered the tiny island home to the US Fifth fleet. Just headlines for now and we will bring you more as we see it.

www.zerohedge.com...

Oil prices have dropped over the weekend, but as this unfolds, you can bet your greenbacks they are headed back up.

Hm a well thought out arguemen- oh wait several metere high tsunami's and the biggest quake in japan in the last century and a half vs ....troop movements....yeah 10k people wiped out in a single village and all i get is "k lol should be watching the middle east lol" LIKE I GIVE A FLYING FRICK what's going on in Saudi Arabia WHEN REACTORS ARE NEAR MELT DOWN.../rage

Any way this is a development but is it just me or does EVERY FLIPPING GOVERNMENT IN THE MIDDLE EAST NOT KNOW HOW TO REACT ACCORDINGLY?? "hmm a protest you say....send in the troops"

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
1,000 Saudi troops are now in Bahrain .... Hmmm does anyone remember when the Saudis' shipped 30 tanks there not long ago? WTF is up with that? They sure don't want to have the Sunni tribe broken up and kicked to the sidelines do they?

This is SO much more dangerous than the situation in Libya! The Saudis' may very well not have any problems following orders when they are told to fire upon rival Shiites.

1,000 Saudi troops and 30 Saudi tanks ... Holy $#!&

I think things gearing up for some kind of main event. The world is in so much turmoil it is literally SURREAL now!

(Bahrain protesters) Source: CBC

(Saudi tank) Source: Thread

As I stated in the thread regarding the tanks ... It's "enough to kick off a war".

Peace,

AS
edit on 14-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
They are doing what any "kingdom/country" would do hundreds of years ago. In the case of a civil uprising, you crush it to restore order and power back to the king. Come on guys, we all know that to get all the lovely oil to keep us happy, we gotta have peace in the Middle east even at the cost of innocent lives trying to overthrow a dictatorship.

Impending Civil Unrest in the Middle east + Disaster in Japan = Not looking too good

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wondering when the west is going to get this?

In Greece they where on strike and some rioting.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Looks like they are using some non lethal shotguns and this guy probably wishes he stayed home that day.

and here is your average peaceful protestor at work bashing in women doctors

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I also posted about this Japanese catastrophe being a way to keep interest focused away from the other
important goings on. Drama, one thing that most certainly makes the world go round and takes advantage of
any situation.

check it out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Young Palestinians call for protests on 15 March
They are not demanding the overthrow of the Hamas government in Gaza nor the Fatah-dominated Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. What they want is the parties to overcome their bitter rivalries and unite to fight their common enemy: Israel.

Yeah I agree lots of scary stuff..here's the link:
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
www.youtube.com...

Looks like they are using some non lethal shotguns and this guy probably wishes he stayed home that day.

and here is your average peaceful protestor at work bashing in women doctors

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

Buckshot bullets were used along with regular and explosive bullets. theres a video on youtube of a protester with only his face left of what originally was his head.

the attacker on the doctors was a "thug" as the video states (baltaji in arabic) which in this context means government supporting hooligan or security forces in civilian clothes aiming at terrorizing innocents and destroying property to combat protesters and/or to spoil their image in the media.

stop spreading lies..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
the USA couldnt go in and defend their naval island, it would be to obvious and the arabs would rally against it.
send in the saudi's... we fund them after all.. they're always up for a fight.. and it'll give the US arms makers a chance to see how their gear handles in combat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join