It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were watching the Quake posts... 1000 Saudi troops are now in Bahrain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

And the hits just keep on coming. The news, first noted yesterday that Saudi Arabia would send troops into Bahrain, has just been confirmed with a Saudi Official reporting that more than 1,000 Saudi troops have entered the tiny island home to the US Fifth fleet. Just headlines for now and we will bring you more as we see it.

www.zerohedge.com...

Oil prices have dropped over the weekend, but as this unfolds, you can bet your greenbacks they are headed back up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There is an unbelievable amount of breaking news going on right now. It's going to be very difficult to keep up with everything and not be sidetracked enough so that you miss another significant event. Perfect opportunity for TPTB to try and sneak something in under the radar.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
and Bahrain lawmakers want to enforce
martial law

www.cnn.com...

"What we are witnessing in Manama is no peaceful protest ... It's (a) wanton, gangster style takeover of people's lives," he tweeted.

edit on 3/14/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Never let a disaster go to waste is their motto, pretty disgusting, I fully expect some action in Gaza while we're otherwise occupied as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

# was getting ready to post that and that it was home to the 5th Fleet. So if Arabs shoot Arabs we save face?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

yes whilst one takes ones eye off the ball !!or when the cats away the mice will play .

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes it is the home of the 5th fleet.
We're going to have to come out and declare our support for the Prince since he still controls the country.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder if all this violence in the Middle East isn't orchistrated to keep oil prices high.

It seems awful convenient that, the moment oil prices start to drop, they go and pull a stunt like this. I wonder how many of these "citizen uprisings" aren't actually directed from behind the scenes by some big oil execs to keep the money rolling in.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
With everything that is going on lately, I almost dont know what to do.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The unrest in the ME is, for the most part, a way of life for the people there.
They have been fighting each other since dirt was invented.
We really should not be there, acting as the world police.

If oil prices drop, that is a good thing.
Please don't get me wrong, I do not want people there or anywhere to suffer or die. It is very sad to see this. But, we need to take care of ourselves first.
The ME is ready for a major conflict, it is due.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This will only enrage the people of bahrain further. Think about where you live right now, imagine your ruler is a member of a minority group who then calls in a foreign military power to suppress you.

Bahrain has a Sunni leader ruling over a shia majority while the eastern part of saudi where all the oil fields are also has a shia majority, so logically if the Saudi army engages the protesters in Bahrain the people of eastern Saudi Arabia would probably back the protesters and that must be the plan here I mean surely the saud family realizes this is what will happen?

Maybe the orders are coming from some where else? US? UN? Arab league?

Another possibility is the zaurus might be planning to annex Bahrain which would definitely cause ire with the shia Iranians.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...
This might just get ugly.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Turning up in tanks and guns is asking for trouble . I wonder if the white house and the uk will mouth off like they did to the libya goverment before it got ugly .
Hilary clinton has already accused protestors of causing trouble in bahrain -i like it ,i could of said the same about some protesters in libya at first burning poilce stations and looting etc

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'll be keeping an eye on Iran's reaction.

If this becomes an all out Shia vs. Sunni situation, and the kingdoms start banding together to protect their Sunni minority rule, then I would not be surprised if Iran's Ayatollah sent some support for the Shia majority trying to get some role in their countries' governance.

In my opinion, the situation in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Yemen is much more significant than that of Libya, yet there seems to be much less coverage in the Western news media on their situations.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
U.A.E has sent 500 police to bahrain also.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I posted this just after the quake happened...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could be just a distraction from other events...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
The unrest in the ME is, for the most part, a way of life for the people there.
They have been fighting each other since dirt was invented.

That's a lie you've been told. it's a lie you're told to convince you to be apathetic and uninvolved. It's a lie engineered to get you to offer quiet support to the dictatorships and regimes that are "good" for us. it's a lie you're told to make you turn a blind eye to the massacres of civilians from Algeria to Israel to Iraq to Pakistan. The goal is to get you to just shrug and say "they're barbarians, what can you do?"

They've been "fighting each other" ever since we chopped up the Maghreb and Middle East and Indian Subcontinent, handed power to an elite few, and supported them in the extortion and murder of their citizens. This started in the early 20's, and only really took off starting in the 60's.

Our nation - along with others, France and the UK especially - invade these nations. They economically exploit these nations. They greenlight invasions, they empower dictators. They arm "security forces" who kill and torture political opponents with western guidance. We sell them weapons and intelligence and in exchange they keep the prices of their natural resources artificially low so we can get them for pennies on the dollar.

When the people of these nations rise up against this - against the tyrannies, against the foreign piracy, the people in the media - who are owned by the very people making profit from the suffering of the middle east (or Africa, or South Asia, wherever) will look at you and tell you the lie that they've "been fighting forever." That is, you are told that "those people" have no specific cause, they have no source of aggravation, they have no reason or goals. They're just fighting because it's what "those people" do. And you - having no other source to go on, trained from your earliest years that brown people are insensible primitives, have no recourse but to accept that narrative, that these people aren't actually angry about anything, they're just inherently violent and senseless, and have been since the dawn of eternity.

We really should not be there, acting as the world police.

No, we should be there, giving our support to the liberation movements rising in these places. We, as the foundational democracy of the modern world, with the awesome weight of our economy and, yes, military to throw around, we, who for so long have taken our benefit from the blood and sweat of these people, would seem to have a moral obligation to finally give them a hand, when they seek freedom for themselves from tyranny.

But as you point out, that doesn't make money for us. Which is obviously the most important thing in the universe. People in Bahrain getting gunned down? Cheaper oil for us, hallelujah!

If oil prices drop, that is a good thing.
Please don't get me wrong, I do not want people there or anywhere to suffer or die. It is very sad to see this. But, we need to take care of ourselves first.
The ME is ready for a major conflict, it is due.

I hate to tell you, but you're contradicting yourself. You can't hope that dead people make oil cheaper, advocate massive war in the middle east, while proclaiming these people to be inherently violent and thus beyond your concern, and claim you don't want them to suffer or die.

Now, I think your statement of sympathy and concern is genuine. I'm an optimist like that. But you need to get rid of all the lies and baggage that have been piled into your head over the years that directly contradict that sort of compassion. The profit-first, "Only we count" mentality, and the dismissive eye-rolling when these people seek more freedom even at the cost of their own lives, is directly counter to any actual human compassion.

Ditch that stuff, and you'll go a long way towards improving yourself and the world around you.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
There is an unbelievable amount of breaking news going on right now. It's going to be very difficult to keep up with everything and not be sidetracked enough so that you miss another significant event. Perfect opportunity for TPTB to try and sneak something in under the radar.

Oh, They NEVER do THAT?!?! Um... Do They?

Oh, right, right, right. Just all the time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You say:

No, we should be there, giving our support to the liberation movements rising in these places. We, as the foundational democracy of the modern world, with the awesome weight of our economy and, yes, military to throw around, we, who for so long have taken our benefit from the blood and sweat of these people, would seem to have a moral obligation to finally give them a hand, when they seek freedom for themselves from tyranny.

Though I agree with the other stuff you said, I disagree with this only because the reasons you give for us being there are NOT the reasons we're there. It's all about oil and power. Nothing to do with freedom from tyranny. We will install a puppet, rigging elections if we have to, and the people will be hardly better (and maybe worse) than they are now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I know. I'm just stating why we should be there, what we should be doing. I know that's not actually the case, just expressing my opinion that ethically and politically, the US should be casting its lot with the people seeking liberation.
edit on 14/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join