It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive Nuclear Fallout , a Guide.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
also save all your bottle caps becuase they will one day become currency

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great post, vital useful information.
Can anyone tell me if making preparations for this kind of situation is relevant in Spain. I mean do I need to budget to buy this iodine and stuff NOW?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is a good thread so S&F for you. There are a heap of good survival books available online as PDF's, a quick torrent search should see you right. Select the best and print out the relevant sections, like someone said earlier, the internet/electricity may not survive and all your saved files useless, you cant beat paper in that sense, laminated if really important.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Radiation could turn out to be a serious threat to the west coast of the us due to the winds over the pacific (they blow towards us from that area), And even if you are on the east coast it is entirely possible (though of uncertain likelyhood) that those selfsame winds would blow the dust all the way out here.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Where would somebody be able to buy N95 particulate respirator masks? Would a pharmacy carry them?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

look at finding workplace health or safety supply stores, these will carry equiptment and gear such as masks, filters, coveralls and other protective items which may be useful for your needs.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There is a big difference in radiation fallout from a nuclear bomb and a reactor meltdown.

bombs will be mostly alpha and beta radiation with a some gamma radiation. and no neutrons out side of the fireball.
With a meltdown you will have a lot of gamma and neutron emitters with no fireball to have killed you before you knew what happened.
With a bomb if you are in the fireball your ashes will be the radioactive particles

A reactor meltdown is many many times worse.

A reactor meltdown releases a very large amount of very long lived radioactive elements.

But the death zone will be small as the heat levels around a reactor meltdown will be low and will not carry the large particles very far.

Nuclear bomb blast hit temperatures greater then the sun and the particles get carried to great heights

A nuclear weapon burns up most of the long lived radioactive elements in the chain reaction.
most of what is left is short lived secondary irritated elements like dirt and water that has been sucked up into the fireball.

This is why you can walk around the Nevada test site for days without any risk.
But walking around chernobyl for the same amount of time would be a very bad idea.

You can not use the time scales of radioactive decay of the radiation decreasing by half every 7 hours that you get with a bomb blast for a reactor meltdown that the radiation may decrease by half every 7 months or years.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
s&f thanks for the information. really usefull

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmrich
reply to post by muzzleflash

Where would somebody be able to buy N95 particulate respirator masks? Would a pharmacy carry them?

Try Graingers or other supply stores similiar to that.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Er don't want to sound like a smarty pants but if you cover yourself (or surroundings) with aluminium foil , you can greatly reduce the effect of radiation from alpha and beta particles. The thing with Gamma radiation is that they do not directly ionise other atoms as they just pass through - but there is a chance it can still cause other atoms to emit particles which might cause radiation. For maximum radiation prevention then is either lead lined suits or concrete your bunker.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
good thread! could be helpful someday.

need some RadAway for the supplies list though

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Hmm not so keen on Mirelurks or SuperMutants either !!

Now where did i put the P51b suit ??

Cosmic...

PS how could i forget DeathClaws

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Hello Cassius,

quick question since you mention tin foil - does that mean if I had some food supplies stashed away at a camping spot or something, if the containers I had were wrapped in tinfoil that would help?

Wag.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by Question Fate

Hmm not so keen on Mirelurks or SuperMutants either !!

Now where did i put the P51b suit ??

Cosmic...

PS how could i forget DeathClaws

yea, and molerats are the worst!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
S & F OP...I printed out a copy. My problem is being alone, in a poorly insulted large studio,
with 2 dogs,a cat, a crow, & a parrot. Being broke doesn't help. I guess I need to ask the land lady here on the farm if she has a basement or Tornado storm room...I don't see them as the type of people that would worry but instead think I'm a paranoid nut. I don't really know people here yet..my family is 6 to 7 hrs away.
Supplies are expensive 2 bottles (16oz) of propane $5.12...I do have a camp stove, camp pots, all brand new...don't know where my water filter is. Buying enough food for the animals is $$$maybe I can eat dog food. It's one of the better ones, I think human grade. My sheep will be SOL.
I wonder how much time we will have here on the east coast before it's bad. Told us not to drink the rain water...Will a well still be good? I have always been a tough chick but this will not be a good situation to be in
by myself & no weapons. Thanks for ALL your info.

Ektar

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While reading about radiation preparedness, I ran across an interesting statement,

Microwave ovens were banned in the Soviet Union in 1976 because of their known health dangers. Microwave Radiation changes the molecular structure of food, rendering it harmful and completely void of nutritional value. Yet most North Americans use Microwave ovens daily.
This was found at: Natural Health Home Remedies. Can an ATS member from Russia confirm this statement?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Greetings:

Now, here is something out-of-the ordinary, perhaps interesting and a part of the cover-up revealing more of the tentacles reaching all parts of MSM - or not.

You be the judge.

Radiation Sickness

We were researching radiation sickness in the U.S. and on the Natural Health Home Remedies website, this happened:

Sat 26 Mar 04:00 EDT

Egad!

We just checked the link for the story and the date on the webcam nhas changed to 30 June 2011.

Try it for yourself:

(...)
Radiation Map
There are dozen of great interactive  radiation maps  that track the jet streams at surface, 2500m and 5,000 mt.  There is a lot of different information for the various radioactive materials that are circling the world.

It seems inconceivable that Tokyo Electric doesn't view Fukushima as a futile battle.  It's doubtful that their representatives or government officials, or ours, will suddently become truthful.  While we all hope for a full containment to stop further radiation risks, the question of why it's not been entombed as Chernobyl was, must be asked.

How much longer will they allow it to destroy the land, sea and air?

The Jet stream moves west, reaching the West coast of North America first and spreading from there.  Depending on the day, some days it reached Alaska first, some days it was Oregon and California.

The jet stream will carry radioactive particles, where they fall will change from day to day.  Check radar maps so you'll know if you want to stay everyone indoors as much as possible.

Iodine 131 has a short half life, just 8 days or so.

The rest of the radioactive particles will be here long after we are gone. 

These low levels of radiation will become part of our soils, our food, our milk, our vegetables and unless they and we detoxify and decontiminate, our health will suffer in the many ways discussed.

We do not believe in coinkydinks...

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join