It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Plant: No Chernobyl Possibility

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alina

Originally posted by Itop1
reply to post by Alina

I live in England and they are saying the same as France, what TV channel do you watch, you seem to be behind on times, things have got a lot more serious since the UK said "everything was fine".... which i admit they did, and so did the japanese government, but even now they are admiting its getting to a critical stage now where the radiation levels at one of the reactor is so high workers are in too high of a danger to do anything more.

your theory of radioactive particles not being in the atmosphere are totally untrue, this has been proved time and time again that radioactive particles are already airborne.... but its not too serious yet unless they totally lose control which the governments around the world are now fearing, at the start it was 1 reactor which did NOT use MOX.... and then it was in no danger of being on a chernobyl scale or worse, but since then things have become a lot lot worse.

I usually watch ABC news on Australian TV, England changing their public approach is news to me.

It's not that the radiation isn't airborne, it's that the radiation isn't being ferried by carbon gas and being burned into the air like a cauldron.

I'm not saying that this situation is not very bad, I just don't think people realise quite how bad Chernobyl actually was, and the differences between then and now.

England says its "perfectly fine" ? ok well read one of our main news papers...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

U.S nuclear chief: 'There is nothing preventing meltdown'
French minister: 'Let's not beat about the bush, they've essentially lost control'
Radioactive steam spews into atmosphere from reactor number three
Experts warn that crisis is 'approaching point of no return' as officials run out of options

Officials commandeer police water cannon to spray complex

Attempts to dump water on reactors by helicopter fail
Two more previously stable reactors begin to heat up
Rich scramble to book private jets out the country as fleeing passengers pack Tokyo airport

Workers battling nuclear meltdown evacuated for hours today after radiation levels increased

edit on 16-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

It's not that the radiation isn't airborne, it's that the radiation isn't being ferried by carbon gas and being burned into the air like a cauldron.

Alfa and Beta particles can float easy on the low winds, never mind Gamma rays that are EM , they will just travel in any direction, you don't need carbon gas, just exposure and a little wind, for EM radiation no wind at all is needed. Lower winds can blow in a vertical way carrying the radioactive particles in the jet stream.

I have been saying this, the winds over japan, over the ocean are stronger than cernobyl, radiation will get carried faster than at the cernobyl incident.

edit on 16-3-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

I agree, and i dont know if you have read but they are forcecasting that wind directions are going to change direction towards tokyo! this explains why governments are now telling everyone to get the hell out of there and why people are fleeing towards southern japan.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It doesn't take a genius to figure out they should have had a last ditch save button built into these places.
I'ts simple.
All they had to do was design and build the reactors over the deepest shafts they can possibly drill and line it with explosives. If things get out of hand the whole reactor and spent fuel gets ejected down the shafts and instantly burried.
But no, their last effort is pump seawater in which ruins them anyway.

Why do you think they test hydrogen bombs down shafts? No fallout.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just reported 3 minutes ago...

"Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency has said it is also concerned about the spent fuel storage pool inside the building housing reactor 3 at Fukushima Daiichi. The pools at both reactors 3 and 4 are reportedly boiling - there may not even be any water left in reactor 4's pool - and unless the spent fuel rods are cooled down, they could emit large quantities radiation. Radioactive steam was earlier said to be coming from reactor 3's pool. If cooling operations did not proceed well, the situation would "reach a critical stage in a couple of days", an agency official told the Kyodo news agency."

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The airborne radiation is at about 400 millisiverts, that's about 1000 times less than Chernobyl, It's about what you would get from a dentist.

That has a pretty long way to get to Chernobyl, considering the plants are mostly cooled and still in containment.

It's 7am here, the paper isn't even here, I also doubt they would care enough to mention England's views.

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
It doesn't take a genius to figure out they should have had a last ditch save button built into these places.
I'ts simple.
All they had to do was design and build the reactors over the deepest shafts they can possibly drill and line it with explosives. If things get out of hand the whole reactor and spent fuel gets ejected down the shafts and instantly burried.

I agree 100%, I would wager the reason is money.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The airborne radiation is at about 400 millisiverts, that's about 1000 times less than Chernobyl, It's about what you would get from a dentist.

That has a pretty long way to get to Chernobyl, considering the plants are mostly cooled and still in containment.

It's 7am here, the paper isn't even here, I also doubt they would care enough to mention England's views.

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
I'ts simple.

I agree 100%, I would wager the reason is money.

400 is what the japanese government have said, and we know they have been down playing this.

this just in 4 mins ago...

"US officials have concluded that the Japanese warnings have been insufficient, and that, deliberately or not, they have understated the potential threat of what is taking place inside the nuclear facility, according to the New York Times. Gregory Jaczko, the chairman of the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, earlier said he believed that all the water in the spent fuel pool at reactor 4 had boiled dry, leaving fuel rods stored there exposed. "We believe that radiation levels are extremely high, which could possibly impact the ability to take corrective measures," he told a Congressional committee"

These reports say the opposite of "mostly being cooled".... to me sounds like the total opposite... the fuel rod of one of the reactors is 70% damaged... this would not happened if it was cooled... another reactors is 30% damaged.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I prefer figures to speculation myself.

The water being dry really worries me though, That would make damage control far more difficult.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

The water being dry really worries me though, That would make damage control far more difficult.

Trying to explain to you what is happening is like repeatedly hitting my head against a brick wall, you are obviously underestimating the seriousness of this terrible situation... just like the japanese government, the rest of the world understands and can see that the # is hitting the fan, that is why they are telling everyone to get the hell out and also why thousands of people are leaving tokyo and heading south, do you think they are just doing this for the hell of it?.... anyway you will see soon enough, please do not be ignorant to the facts and what is really happening, people have done this before and it was the last thing they ever did.

Peace,

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

reply to post by Itop1

Trying to explain to you what is happening is like repeatedly hitting my head against a brick wall, you are obviously underestimating the seriousness of this terrible situation... just like the japanese government, the rest of the world understands and can see that the # is hitting the fan, that is why they are telling everyone to get the hell out and also why thousands of people are leaving tokyo and heading south, do you think they are just doing this for the hell of it?.... anyway you will see soon enough, please do not be ignorant to the facts and what is really happening, people have done this before and it was the last thing they ever did.

Peace,

I would be getting the hell out of there.

This is a tragic very serious and dangerous situation.

So was Chernobyl.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join