It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What/Who would you live for in a SHTF survival situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"It’s not enough to just live. You have to have something to live for."
- Bill Adama, Battlestar Galactica

In survival situations, especially one where it's widespread, like the speculated SHTF scenarios, it's often every man for himself. In that case, it's pure animalistic survival instincts. But for us who are able to keep our heads on, in a survival situation, what/who would you live for? Family? Friends? To have a place in the new world?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

My whole life has sucked because of this fanatic Christian mentality running our country and world. I would live so that one day I am not stuck in that kind of a world. If you die you have to start over or something, but if I live, then if nothing else, I can climb to the top of the corprat ladder cause that seems to be what this countries laws are right now.
'Merica.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My son,Woman , Brothers , Family...... just all of the above....
the desire to survive has to be past all of those things .... when it all is lost what will you have to live for no family no friends just you and psychotic society or what may be left...

personally as bad is this sounds in a true SHTF scene ... That would really be the ultimate of adventures and true test of will and strength.... it would suck it would be the hardest thing i would ever experience but, i have the will to live ....

still all of this is from a modern perspective without suffering when placed in the actual scene feeling will be different when lack of food energy shelter warmth companions safety ....
there is just no telling

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well I'm assuming if any of my family survives with me, I would live for them. I'm the one visiting websites like this, gathering information about possible shtf situations. I have studied the survival manuals an extremely kind individual who goes by the name of Russo posted for us to study(I'm referring to the top 10 survival downloads you should have thread).

I have younger brothers and a sister who would need me. An elderly mother also. I don't do much with my current life, but If It was a survival situation I'd have to step up.

And i know I'm not the only one around here who would do the same.

But, I remain positive and skeptical because that's just who I am. So I hope nothing ever occurs to require me to use the info I have gathered.

And I hope there are others like me.

Have a good one

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Joel Skousen has a great book called Stategic Location which gives ratings to potential areas to Bug Out. Including potential nuclear targets, population density, etc...
www.joelskousen.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zestor

It's a shame It only applies to America. Gave you a star though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Its all just another day and another dollar so to speak.

The downfall of our societies is really just based on people placing more importance on 'wants' instead of needs.

You need a warm, dry, safe place to shelter at night or when you sleep, you need some warm or protective clothing to shelter you from the elements, you need to eat at least one decent meal a day.

Everything else is simply a want.

People who want to dictate how others live 10,000 miles away, people who want their religion to be seen as the only legitimate one, people who want to see their nation dominate all others, people who want to give up their own identity to be part of some larger politically or religiously styled herd, will not only be largely responsible for when the SHTF but the ones least prepared to cope with it.

Those of us that don't let our wants get ahead of our needs will do just fine for the most part in any scenario.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would live for my 5 year old son..
Without him, I'd have nothing to live for. Not trying to be overly dramatic or anything, lol, it's just how I feel.

top topics

join