It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the sun go dark yesterday briefly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone!
This is my first thread... (be gentle)
Claims were made yesterday that the sun actually went dark for a short period of time.. I just wanted to share with you guys this information from attached youtube video... and put it out there for you to look into.. I'm not making any claims myself, but would love to hear your veiws on this one.

Many thanks

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It didn't here in Georgia ,It was nice and sunny all day yesterday.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry no.

It was caused by the Earth passing between the Solar Dynamic Orbiter and the Sun.
It will happen everyday until the 2nd of April.

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...
www.lmsal.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicgirl30

This is very interesting. Looking at today's SDO images, just after the black out, the sun appears to drop very slightly! Obviously it's more likely the SDO camera moves, but even so, some kind of force seems to be at work

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Someone on my facebook posted yesterday "what happened to the sun?" I know she lives in the US but not sure where.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sorry, that was my fault, I used the Sun too much and it blew out. I'll go down to Wal-Mart tomorrow and get a replacement Sun so we can see again.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicgirl30

Hi I am from India. Yesterday afternoon it seemed as if it was cloudy for a moment and then suddenly..bang- light poured in.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

Spring 2011 Eclipse Season Has Begun
The spring 2011 eclipse season has begun. Every day until April 2, 2011 there will be a short break in the data flow as the Earth moves between SDO and the Sun. The length of an eclipse can be as long as 72 minutes and they happen at about midnight at our ground station in Las Cruces, NM (0700 UT).

The EVE calibration rocket flight from WSMR is scheduled for 3/22 between 1800 – 1830 UTC.

top topics

join