It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you still hating America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I notice this site has a tendency to hate on America. Whether its "dumb fat americans", "false flag 9/11", "obama sucks" etc. etc.

While the rest of the world is running around killing each other like we still live in tribes, America is banding together and donating to Japan.

We are on the brink of change, yet the "western" and "civilized" world is the only ones going out of their way to aide each other.

Im not saying America is the greatest. America is also not the only nation helping the world, many others are as well, but can we stop the bashing and come to the agreement that we need to band together for once and get through all this?

Or does everyone who wants to survive these coming changes need to worry about terrorism and looters?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think theres a lot of hate that goes out to multiple people, not just Americans...

For some reason, we human beings really, really, really don't like each other

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Nobody of any nationality has a right to hate America.

For THREE excellent reasons.

The 1968 1/2 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet

the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T

and the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS.

Jealous, of course.... but how can you hate the creator of such beauty?

:-P - a motorhead's point of view

edit on 14-3-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
yes

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Unfortunatly for people like you , there are people like him who gives you a bad name.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

LOL i basically agree that all 3 of those cars are awesome.

I would just say 69 Camaro > Chevelle

sorry

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's not that i dislike America, It's that i do not like that they ignore the rest of the world and do as they please.

I mean, The UN tell them not to do something, they just do it anyway, it's not like the UN has the power to stop them.

America meddles in everything, that is a little different to giving aid where requested. Regardless of conspiracy reasons in why America does these things being true or false, regardless of their intentions being pure or based on resources, playing judge and executioner to other countries will get a bad rep.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Alina because: Because America should learn metric.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

Don't forget the Movies. What a bleak and sad world this would be without Walt Disney, Alfred Hitchcock or Frank Capra. America brought the world movies. Great movies.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Don't forget the Movies. What a bleak and sad world this would be without Walt Disney, Alfred Hitchcock or Frank Capra. America brought the world movies. Great movies.

Some great movies, but a great many more rubbish ones... Plus, the USA is not the only country that makes movies. Just saying..

Mad Max 1
Whale Rider
Boy
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Quiet Earth

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I notice this site has a tendency to hate on America. Whether its "dumb fat americans", "false flag 9/11", "obama sucks" etc. etc.

While the rest of the world is running around killing each other like we still live in tribes, America is banding together and donating to Japan.

OMG, hahahaha, we are the ones killing people? what about you being in each conflict you can find?

We are on the brink of change, yet the "western" and "civilized" world is the only ones going out of their way to aide each other.

source?

Im not saying America is the greatest. America is also not the only nation helping the world, many others are as well, but can we stop the bashing and come to the agreement that we need to band together for once and get through all this?

Agree with this, we need to stay together to survive.

Or does everyone who wants to survive these coming changes need to worry about terrorism and looters?

YOU are the ones worring about that
edit on 16/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The people are o.k.. But you really should leash your leaders or better still commit them all to an asylum...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Are you still hating America?

I often ask the same questions as you. It doesn't take a lot of smarts to dislike (or hate) something or someone. And if you look around... and I mean REALLY look, you'll find that there are no perfect nations, no perfect leaders, no perfect cultures, no perfect anything. Every corner of the planet has its own ups and downs.

So, why is it so popular... so very trendy to hate America?

Looking at oneself in the mirror is sometimes good for finding what other people see when they look at you. From the outside looking in, we DID elect George W. Bush to two full terms as our president and if there is another person as despised as him on this planet, I cannot tell you who it is. So, we are blamed for Dubya and all those things that are either rightly or wrongly blamed on him.

To be honest, I don't think W. Bush was a saint or a demon... he was what he was and that just rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way.

Another thing is that while the world is seething in violence and corruption and earthquakes and floods and droughts and famines and plagues and genocides... the US of A pretty much goes on each day as before, without all those many ills. The effect is that we are seen as being arrogant and uncaring when in truth, we're just living our lives, raising our kids and going to work each day.

I suppose that on whole, the North American continent has been spared the civil unrest and natural disasters that have been visited upon so many other locations... and this also makes us less to like because we are perceived not to suffer like others do.

Anyway, that may be some reason why Americans are held in such disdain. It doesn't really matter that we have sacrificed our sons and daughters to wars in Europe and Asia for the liberty of not only our own country. These things are history and history is generally forgotten or neglected when it suits a certain slant.

There are no evil nations... only evil intentions of those poor representatives of the human race. I would prefer that we hold our animosity to the individual but... we will always be stereotyped by our nationalities.

Such is life.

edit on 16-3-2011 by redoubt because: typos!!!

edit on 16-3-2011 by redoubt because: more typos... ugh

top topics

join