It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the looks of it is Japan going to sink?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm very worried so I am wondering, what are the possibilities and how long would it take?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Japan will not sink, not right now anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
I'm very worried so I am wondering, what are the possibilities and how long would it take?

A few million years, I would expect?

not sure, what are you basing your opinion on?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Check out this Thread

It is prepared by a member whose geological knowledge is quite superb...

Many members here trust his expertise. Including myself...

I know your in Japan... My prayers go out to you and yours...

I cannot answer your question with a correct answer... but maybe the answers your seek can be found in that thread

link   
Nothing, it's just my paranoia. I live here in japan and it's not good hearing everywhere about the terrors happening where I live, and my family lives here too with me and I just don't want us to die. Just getting very paranoid is all.

link   
Don't think japan is going to sink but I like your avatar though. Haven't seen that show for a long time. My fav character was cheese lol

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

...thank you

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's impossible for Japan to sink. Same goes for every other landmass. Tsunamis can cause floods, and oceans can rise, but those are totally different from "sinking".

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If part of your fear is due to the video that showed the cracks opening and water coming out...that is not the land sinking, but a process called 'liquifaction'. If the water content of the ground is high enough, and it is shaken enough (earhquakes) it can turn to a sort of luquid until is stops moving and then solidifies again. It does not mean the island is sinking...so do not worry about that. It can surely cause structural problems..(what happened in Christchurch NZ) but not make the island sink.

Soil Liquifaction

I am so sorry for what you are going through. At least you and your family are safe right now. Please do not read too much into some of the scarier rumours spread around the internet. You are in Tokyo, right? Remember that Tokyo has been preparing for a major quake for a very, very long time and is probably the most able to handle it than any other major country in the world.

You are in my prayers....you will be okay.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

2.5 million people are without power in Japan, how is it that you have internet??? Btw, wait till Doomsday 2012 to see which countries sink and which countries float. It's about to get more interesting...any word from nostradamus yet?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

2.5 million people are without power in Japan, how is it that you have internet???

Maybe he is one of the 125 million others (small minority of 98%) who still have power?
edit on 14-3-2011 by prof7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
No, you don't have to worry about that. Japan is not actually floating on the sea; it is a landmass attached to a geological plate. There is plenty of other instability, but it is physically impossible for Japan to simply "sink."

Good luck dealing with everything else. Since that's your worry, though, I'm guessing that you're not in much direct danger. Small comforts, friend

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i dunno, maybe go with your gut feeling and move if you think you should.

i always think gut feelings are there for a reason.

Japan is taking a hiding right now and it could get worse.

also - i dont want to worry you - but it does sit right on top of the intersection of four continental plates.

and yes, continents can sink suddenly. look at atlantis - i suspect that probably sank due to massive quake movement.

not to say Japan is going to, but its always safer to live away from fault lines - usually...

then again, ppl always live in dangerous areas and life itself is dangerous.

i guess when time is up, its up, for any person.

not sure if this is helping...sorry....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I mean like, having the ocean take it back. Or being wiped off the map because of tsunamis.
reply to post by westcoast

Actually tbh that was one of my fears too. Earthquakes causing cracks and then water coming out just eating up japan...thank you for praying
reply to post by harrytuttle

I guess I shouldn't have used the term sinking, but like the oceans claiming japan back or something...like my question is, is everyone in japan doomed by march 15, 19 etc. Many things are occurring...
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yes, I'm actually a Filipino American inside a military base. I'm here with my family and we feel for the lost lives of many Japanese. We're just also concerned about ourselves too.
reply to post by prof7

We have power but we are going to have some power outages to help people of Japan conserve energy.
reply to post by Solasis

Thank you for this info

reply to post by rapunzel222

Honestly I hope your wrong...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I could be completely wrong but from what I understand Japan's plate (Philippine Plate) is sliding over the Pacific plate therefore if anything Japan would rise rather than sink.

When the Pacific Plate encounters the Philippine Plate, because it is older and more dense than the younger Philippine, it subducts below and results in the formation of a deep ocean trench.
source

What is happening in Japan is terrifying and I hope you and your family are safe and well.

edit on 14/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

and yes, continents can sink suddenly. look at atlantis - i suspect that probably sank due to massive quake movement.

Using Atlantis as an example is not very helpful as there's no evidence it existed yet....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I hope that's the case

Tbh I just want to survive until this weekend, because we have a flight scheduled. The bad news is it's heading to Washington then to California. (west coast which could receive a lot of radiation) then to the Philippines (Where my nationality lives) which would be bad if what you say is true. Then by April 18th I should be back in Japan. But bad news again: I'll be living at the coast by then. Luck just isn't with me.

Well, at least during earthquakes nothing will be lost inmy house, for my house is empty since we are moving. Too bad we're only moving locations in Japan...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

The following is not meant to scare you. These are just the facts, as this is the internet and someone saying "these are the facts" mean very little, I will give you the tools to go research this for yourself.

Please look into a program called EQuake3D. Its freeware, takes only a few seconds to download and is powered by the USGS. Its safe. It reports over 90% of all the worlds earthquakes on a 3D globe(i guess a globe is 3d and a map is 2d -.-), and your able to see where the quakes are going on.

A documentation form of this exact thing is also available. earthquake.usgs.gov... The 9.0 in magnitude that struck Japan's East cost "SHELF" was actually extremely deep in the earth. As google earth and USGS argue about its dept, I'm probably just going to go with USGS and say it was 32 kilometers below sea level. This pretty much did a lot of damage to the "shelf" thats holing japan up from miles and miles of a underwater drop off. There are man underwater canyons that were probably full of air, not to mention the volcano "tubes" that probably filled up. The whirlpool you saw that was steadily sucking water down slowly, was probably the earthquake opened something and water rushed in.

If you see the size of it, you know it was a big "something". There have been 659 earthquakes since the 9.0 that hit on the 11th. That is a massive increase and many of them are above the level of the 9.0. Think about getting sand, putting it into a 5 gallon bucket. Filling another 5 gallon with rocks, and water. Mix the buckets and you have some decent "earth". Make a sand castle, have it sit on a ledge. Group up some firecrackers and put them toward the very bottom the the "slopy" slide. Blow it up, you will notice because it was on the foundation, everything has to shift to compensate.

Many of the quakes happening now are more then likely earth falling due to the lack of space. Also the plates are very unhappy... cali is getting tossed around a lot also more frequently. As Japan has been having so many quakes, the ground liquefies and causes the hard earth to get mushy. It(Japan) has already sank over 2 feet. AND has moved 15 feet to the west... you know... closer to that shelf? Not to mention with all this going on under the Country, the air is less then reputable. The US is finding traces of radiation all over people coming from Japan.

I love Japan and many things it has to offer. I enjoy the Final Fantasy games, and the anime/manga it offers. However, I wouldn't live, let a lone visit Japan, until it stops with the 20+ quakes a day all concentrated on that west wall.
21st, 9 quakes @ time of this post
20th,35 quakes
19th, 26 quakes
18th, 32 quakes
17th, 39 quakes
16th, 42 quakes
15th, 48 quakes
Give or take 1 or 2. These are "mild" days. The 11th-14th had on average 70 per day. Its still very up in the air at what the damage to that "shelf" will be as these quakes continue. They are declining steadily. But still in the 4-6.0 magnitude. Some are deep, others are near the surface. That cant be good for the ground right O.o. As the Japan government tries to avoid panic and conflict at all cost, this will probably ether be "news" when its too late, or when it fixes itself.

Also, not sure where you stand with spirituality, but check the book of Revelation. This is revelatory.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
reply to post by Versa

I hope that's the case

Tbh I just want to survive until this weekend, because we have a flight scheduled. The bad news is it's heading to Washington then to California. (west coast which could receive a lot of radiation) then to the Philippines (Where my nationality lives)

I meant to point out, the radiation in the US has increased less then 1% in effected areas. Don't worry about the air here, its taken it a long time to arrive. Its not "healthy" just not going to have any long term effects. Needless to say,
obama
will do nothing to help this even if it does keep increasing. As a matter infact he adressed the nation saying that radiation "would not reach America". Well, it did.
edit on 21-3-2011 by HardenedShield because: too long

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce prophecy...watch out. Most of his other ones came true. We haven't seen the last of the destruction of Japan. Come to think of it, he also said California would have a tsunami and earthquake and fall into the sea. If some part of Japan falls into the sea, that would create a tsunami of bibical proportions that would obliterate the west coast.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join