It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
beforeitsnews: Radioactive Releases in Japan Could Last Months

Rounding out a pretty grim picture, nuclear experts now suggest Radioactive Releases in Japan Could Last Months...

as one senior official put it, “under the best scenarios, this isn’t going to end anytime soon.”

Like Chernoby, the true negative effects may not be seen for decades. Abnormal births would also be an indicator between 1-5 years after the exposure.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
if this is true, then it is not good news

UPDATE: 12:24a.m. PST 3-15-2011
TEPCO has confirmed that Fukushima plant No.2 has lost all of it’s coolant. An explosion is very likely.

offgridsurvival.com...

this was an hr ago if my time isn't mixed up

so they are expecting another explosion
cuz they can't keep the reactor cool.
All coolant is gone.

wow, that would be .....
nevermind

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

I know what I would be doing.(beep beep, and a wave goodbye)

Announced on the news this morning, expats now trying to get out.
How brave are those foreign rescue workers GOING IN.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Sorry ill pass on that x-ray.

I would be worried but not scared.
I would def. get some Potassium Iodide tablets just in case.

Its better to be safe than sorry.

.......bring on the trolls.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Originally posted by onyx718
so your solution is to hype everyone up by posting somethign from a questionable source?

I relayed this story when I first came across it. Like the original author I am seeking to discover if this insider info is true.

This thread was created to discuss and research to discover if there is any truth to the original claim and to connect/attach associated articles and sources within the thread.

Are you capable of contributing anything of value to this thread? Not your one-liner outbursts...

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The communication on behalf of Japan is not heartening

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Dying of radiation sickness is a whole lot less subtle than getting cancer of the kidneys or other cleansing organ of the body.
The radiation will be commng in non umiform levels as it is born by the winds patterns.
If there is actually any harful levels of it, they wont or shouldnt be uniform over the entire coast of N A.
With the reactors melting down, will they attempt to encase the reactors in concrete ala chrnobyl?
The fuel rods wil burn till the nuclear materials are consumed i imagine, so how long will that take?
All the while the reactor self destructs it will give off likely increasing levels of radiation.
There is a certainty in my mind that the levels must rise before they settle down to a steady glow.
Chernobyl is unihabited to thirty miles out to this day, how much of japans land can they afford to lose with their population density?
A whole pasel of factors havent been estimated yet, let alone calculated.....their goverment must be as confused as we are with the communications down, as well as the roads and trains.
News will be disjointed for a few days yet as well......we all saw the devastation on tv by now.
How many more power stations have possible melt downs they are facing?
The odds are things will get worse yet....why not take a few precautions?
The pills cant be that expensive....try wlamart.....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hearing this got me worried since I am on the coast in Washington state, and started searching and found this news article..

News claims Pacific Northwest should be safe..

Looks like there are a lot of professionals already monitoring the atmosphere here and if it does become true about there being danger, it would be pretty hard for them to keep it quiet since everyone would be vulnerable, but who knows.. Of course you can't rely on the msm news outlets to even broadcast real news anymore..

They are saying the radiation would be very diluted by the time it got here and then not be a danger.. I hope this assessment is true..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Here I am, On Van Island, BC. I'm screwed for the most part?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Live report on CNN right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So I'm pretty confused, what do I want?

Potassium Iodide
Potassium Iodine
Potassium Iodate?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Announced on the news this morning, expats now trying to get out.
How brave are those foreign rescue workers GOING IN.

No words could explain the courage these humans have.
I love the fact that New Zealand have sent personal over even though they still need help.

Its sad it takes a disaster like this before we care about one another.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Check out THIS website: Radiation Network : LIVE USA Radiation Network Maps

I wouldnt be surprised if this website gets overloaded frequently in the days to come. As of right not there is no apparent increase in ambient Radiation levels in the USA

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I live in the Seattle area & have not heard anything other than seeing the same article on another conspiracy site.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

You want Potassium Iodide.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ToppDog

Tacoma area here, and the same circumstances apply.

This is all purely speculation and does not hold any water from what I can see. However, I do admit that only the days to come will announce whether I am right or wrong.

A2D

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Potassium Iodide is what you want.
Take care.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Tacoma area here, and the same circumstances apply.
This is all purely speculation and does not hold any water from what I can see. However, I do admit that only the days to come will announce whether I am right or wrong.

and there were a few other threads on ATS
which showed sources that Japan Gov was
lying to their people to avoid mass panic.
Why would the US Gov do any differently ???
better to take their chances with the radiation
than the mass chaos that ensues.
Would you not have said the same thing ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Was there a cover up at Chernobyl?

Was there a cover up at TMI?

A2D

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have seen estimates ranging from 24 hours to 7-10 days. I am also aware that all the iodine based medicines will only help to a certain extent. There is also the debate whether or not the particles will reach this far or fall in the Pacific. Some say it hasn't gotten high enough, while other sources point out how we routinely are bombarded by particles from Chinese mining operations that also are not blasted high into the atmosphere. All I know is Northern Canada is looking pretty good right now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join