It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antoniothomas

Turn off the capslock and try typing in full sentances. You are making yourself look like an idiot....

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i posted that a little bit ago on this thread ! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link   
Winds at Japan Power Plants Should Send Radiation out to Sea

Three reactor units at the Onagawa plant are being watched and controlled for radiation leaks and possible meltdown.

The wind direction may impact where the radiation goes both at a local level and even across the globe. The wind direction at both of these locations are similar since the Onagawa power plant is located just to the northeast of Fukushima power plant.

"The exact direction of the winds would have to be known at the time of the release of a large amount of radiation to understand exactly where the radiation would go," according to Expert Senior Global Meteorologist Jim Andrews.

It is unknown when a large release of radiation would occur, if at all, at this point.

Accu Weather has a very good article. Very cautious to make early claims that everything will be alright. No one can guarantee that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Careful Jazzy might tell you you're stupid because you're beliving something that comes from an official source

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Winds at Japan Power Plants Should Send Radiation out to Sea

Three reactor units at the Onagawa plant are being watched and controlled for radiation leaks and possible meltdown.

The wind direction may impact where the radiation goes both at a local level and even across the globe. The wind direction at both of these locations are similar since the Onagawa power plant is located just to the northeast of Fukushima power plant.

"The exact direction of the winds would have to be known at the time of the release of a large amount of radiation to understand exactly where the radiation would go," according to Expert Senior Global Meteorologist Jim Andrews.

It is unknown when a large release of radiation would occur, if at all, at this point.

Accu Weather has a very good article. Very cautious to make early claims that everything will be alright. No one can guarantee that.

so your solution is to hype everyone up by posting somethign from a questionable source?

link   

Listen, you are able to get people to understand and agree with your fears and concerns better if you gather your information and let them see this situation from another perspective than the msm spoon feeds them. But do it calmly and rationally. Its not their fault they believe what they are watching on the news.

Ask your Mom to buy Potassium Iodide to be on the safe side, get it tomorrow or it could be off the store shelves by the time you'll need it, and get some for your pets too.

link   

UPDATE: 9:15p.m. PST 3-14-2011

Nuclear Expert Paul Carroll just told FOX news that the West Coast defiantly has something to worry about. He started to talk about why the MOX in reactor 3 is so concerning but was cut off by FOX.

Paul Carroll worked at U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. His principle area of knowledge is Nuclear Weapons

offgridsurvival.com...

I'm still looking for that video,
maybe on youtube ???

so this is coming from a nuclear expert.
anybody know his credentials ???
or reliability ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I am off to bed but as usual I appreciate your threads and remember to ignore the trolls, they are just afraid.

I will check back in the AM for any updates.

Thank you.

Please keep me informed via U2U if this gets serious for SF Bay area as that is where my beloved son lives.

edit on 14-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

um you combined two sources into one??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

From your reliable link:

Although the mainstream media and government officials continue to downplay potential dangers to our country, a number of experts are beginning to come out with warnings that say otherwise.

The situation in Japan seems to be getting worse by the minute. News is now coming across the wires that a second nuclear reactor may now be in jeopardy of melting down. The Japanese government has setup a so called “danger zone” of around 26 miles and began distributing Iodine pills to the public. While they continue to claim that the public is in no danger, this morning they seemed to contradict themselves by telling the public to put their clothing in plastic bags before entering their homes.

edit on 14-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
www.straitstimes.com...

UPDATE: 10:24p.m. PST 3-14-2011
US Navy confirms that 17 airman are being treated for radiation poisoning after flying through a radio active plume. Cmdr. Jeff A. Davis, a spokesman for the American Seventh Fleet in Japan also confirmed the USS Regan’s on-board sensors indicated that the carrier had also been exposed to radiation.

crap

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is not good, I have friends and family on the west side of the United States.
Any news on local media ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
This is not good, I have friends and family on the west side of the United States.
Any news on local media ?

im on the west coast, and no. All they are saying is that levels are being monitored.

The thing that people are missing here is that the people in Japan are exposed to this first. *IF* some deadly cloud is on the way, we wont see a few people with radiation. We will start seeing people dying en mass.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Ya

"Its hard to sleep and the pacific breeze is cool and headed due east" (from the west)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Washington Blog : "If There Were a Reactor Meltdown or Major Leak at Fukushima, the Radioactive Cloud Would Likely be Blown Out ... Towards the US West Coast"

"If There Were a Reactor Meltdown or Major Leak at Fukushima, the Radioactive Cloud Would Likely be Blown Out ... Towards the US West Coast"

Agence-France Presse notes:

California is closely monitoring efforts to contain leaks from a quake-damaged Japanese nuclear plant, a spokesman said Saturday, as experts said radiation could be blown out across the Pacific.

"At present there is no danger to California. However we are monitoring the situation closely in conjunction with our federal partners," Michael Sicilia, spokesman for California Department of Public Health, told AFP.

"California does have radioactivity monitoring systems in place for air, water and the food supply and can enhance that monitoring if a danger exists," he added.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Here we go, some more corroboration...

U.S. Detects Radiation 60 Miles From Stricken Plant

seems like the same write-up here...

www.armwoodnews.com...

...giving ny times as source? but i can't find any

sorry, newbie, not sure how to post properly yet :S

edit on 14/3/11 by pattonisit because: mike patton

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I wonder, at what point or location did they meajure this ? How far from the US.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So this is how the world goes. Not with a Roar but a whimper. Sorry If it hits I see no severity in it. Lets the hype slide.If within what 18 hours we would be hit by fallout we would be. They can't say when it would hit winds change gas's rise. Any one with this science could speak of weather temps at least closer to the mark. Face it folk any newmans will say they same thing they can't predict the weather within two days. They have no idea which way it will blow if it is actually blowing exspecially after all the winds the Tsunamai has changed up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Turn off the capslock and try typing in full sentances. You are making yourself look like an idiot....

And to top it off they still dont believe that there is a problem.

But if there is radioactive particles flying upwards and outwards towards them, can you pick them up and save them.

I know what I would be doing.(beep beep, and a wave goodbye)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
UK here
All my satellite news channels are announcing it this morning. Meanwhile, two 'experts' wheeled on to discuss this are trying to say it's no more serious than an extra x ray ....
Thoughts are with the people of Japan as well as the brave rescue workers who have put themselves in danger. Including the foreign teams who have gone there. And what about the old and the infirm who are having to queue OUTSIDE for hours to get basic supplies. Unreal.
edit on 14-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join