It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

not trying to waste posts or cause **** BUT THANK YOU!!!!!!!! RELIABLE SOURCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

TOKYO – The U.S. Seventh Fleet says it has moved its ships and aircraft away from a quake-stricken Japanese nuclear power plant after discovering low-level radioactive contamination.

The fleet said Monday that the radiation was from a plume of smoke and steam released from the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant. The plant has been hit by two explosions since Friday's devastating earthquake and tsunami.

The aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan was about 100 miles (160 kilometers) offshore when its instruments detected the radiation. But the fleet says the dose of radiation was about the same as one month's normal exposure to natural background radiation in the environment.

www.foxnews.com...

dated today

Reagan is 100 miles off shore. If radiation was not in the
jet stream, how the hell could it travel 100 miles over the ocean ??

i've yet to hear anyone say that it wont be picked up in the jet stream, but so many impartial experts have told us that in all likely hood by the time it makes landfall here it will be decayed and diluted enough to not cause serious threat

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoniothomas
PLEASE SOMEONE A RELIABLE SOURCE!

do you not consider the US Navy to be a
reliable source ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Discover

Here's the deal... They allowed their own personnel to become contaminated, I am sure that they told them that it was well within safe limits before they sent them out to investigate the area.

Do you really want to trust that the information they are giving to millions of people in the states that will be affected by the radiation is true?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING?.....THE POSTER IS NOT POSTING RELIABLE SOURCES! EVERYONE IS SAYING THE SITE WHERE HE GOT THE MAP IS A HOAX!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Gotcha... Well like I said didn't know of the guys site...or of a hoax map either, So wasn't sure, it's 3:40am where I am, 10 year old woke me up and had to go to the bathroom...she is afraid of the dark...but...you know what it's like right? Your woken up and can't get back to sleep...so, got on here, haven't been on here in a few days..and saw this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Remember you've got some great sites at your fingertips too - you don't have to wait for MSM.

SAT24

RSOE

Al Jazeera

You can also find Potassium Iodide liquid/pills - and without a prescription, in a pharmacy near you.

peace

Word people need to get some of this.
Fill your thyroid up.
Id be sleeping in the pharmacy eating the tablets like candy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
New explosion sends plume eastward...

Reactor Fire Plume Billows into the Sky pushed by an eastwardly breeze...
Here it comes...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a65094efd112.jpg[/atsimg]

Al Jazeera: Fresh blast at Japan nuclear plant

At least 11 injured as new explosion rocks quake-hit Fukushima plant, sparking radioactive fears amid nuclear crisis.

So does that make the total 3 Nuke Reactor hydrogen explosions or just two?
My god... I cant believe I am acutally asking this question!!!!

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

link   
Here's the link to where he got his "info". Can we call B.S. now?

quinetiam.com...

link   
Dint they say that the 'plume' was headed south? Well these guys were north.

The Pentagon was expected to announce that the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, which is sailing in the Pacific, passed through a radioactive cloud from stricken nuclear reactors in Japan, causing crew members on deck to receive a month’s worth of radiation in about an hour, government officials said Sunday.
Multimedia
Interactive Feature
The Crippled Japanese Nuclear Reactors
Related

Navy Says 17 Americans Were Treated for Contamination (March 14, 2011)
Second Explosion at Reactor as Technicians Try to Contain Damage (March 14, 2011)
Several Plant Workers Are Ill, but Radiation Risk in Japan Is Seen as Low for Now (March 14, 2011)
U.S. Nuclear Industry Faces New Uncertainty (March 14, 2011)
Japan's Nuclear Crisis Stokes Fear in Europe (March 14, 2011)

Related in Opinion

Room For Debate: Japan's Nuclear Crisis: Lessons for the U.S.

The officials added that American helicopters flying missions about 60 miles north of the damaged reactors became coated with particulate radiation that had to be washed off.

link   
Seventeen Americans were exposed to low levels of radiation that escaped from a quake-damaged nuclear power plant in Japan, U.S. Navy officials said Monday.

Those contaminated were military personnel aboard three helicopters helping in the relief effort, Cmdr. Jeff A. Davis, a spokesman for the American Seventh Fleet in Japan, told The Washington Post.

The choppers apparently flew through a radioactive plume from the damaged nuclear power plant. The Navy personnel landed on the nuclear-powered carrier USS Ronald Reagan, were tested with hand-held monitors, and were ordered to dispose of their uniforms and undergo a decontamination scrub that successfully removed radioactive particles, the newspaper said.

"They received very, very low levels of contamination," Davis told the Post by telephone.

"It certainly is not cause for alarm. It is something we have to watch very carefully and make sure we are able to monitor, and to mitigate against this environmental hazard."

Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

two at the nuclear plants, one at a different power plant, if im not mistaken.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you Antar. Words of wisdom in her post folks...

They sacrifice(d) 'their own' now - and they did NOTHING for 'their own' during Katrina - so use the past and present as a good indicator of what kind of 'help' you'll be receiving tomorrow and the coming weeks.

I'm not saying panic, far from it. I'm encouraging you to make rational decisions based on fact - and for now - we'll have to find the 'fact' on your own.

So stay tuned to ATS, search the links I added and others have added and get your Potassium Iodide pills/liquid as a precaution.

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
www.thehindu.com...

ya, a third reactor may blow now from the same reasons as the other 2. may be low level radiation but if all these plants blow it may amount to something.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoniothomas
reply to post by boondock-saint

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING?.....THE POSTER IS NOT POSTING RELIABLE SOURCES! EVERYONE IS SAYING THE SITE WHERE HE GOT THE MAP IS A HOAX!

calm down buddy, I'm just trying to get
the right info so folks like you can make
informed decisions.

Just for a moment, forget the map
altogether.

we have the US Navy confirming that 17
sailors have radiation poisoning.

we have a US Carrier Group moving away
from Japan confirmed.

That Carrier Group is over 100 miles away
from Japan when it recorded the radiation.

we also have US Helicopters confirming
radiation at 60 miles out of Japan.

the radiation had to get out to sea 100 miles
by some means not unless you think
radiation piggybacked it's way to the
Carrier by the Helos??? But even if that
happened, the Helos were 60 miles away
anyway so it's still over the Pacific Ocean
and moving.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The Air Force and US Govt will be hearing about these claims in a few hours when then all wake up.

Perhaps they will be able to confirm or deny the story.

I am just the messenger forwarding a story while seeking to find the truth via discussion and research.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzscapez

Jazz, remember you only need one big dose before the radiation hits. Talk to your pharmacist about how much you should take. It's been listed here on ATS many times but I don't feel comfortable giving out dosages and honestly the link in WIKI for doseages confounds my math skills.

peace and stay safe

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
As I'm a little west of Portland, I'm monitoring this thread until we get some confirmation on this. Please let's find something so we can figure out what we're going to do.

I wanna scream BS but you never know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join