It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How many of you even read the OP. What he said about the first explosion has nothing to do with what is going on NOW.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm dismayed at how oblivious President Obama seems to be to the danger. Every time I see him on TV he's addressing some school assembly. It will be hard to implement new education initiatives if our children are radioactive.
-cwm

P.S. By the way, what's the best online source for up-to-the-minute news? The Fox/CNN/NBC/ABC websites are behind the news curve and merely parroting each other, as usual.

Originally posted by montymakchi
Looks like I found a good source that the west coast is in danger.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I found it linked from this page

dailybail.com...

edit on 14-3-2011 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

["Oh, absolutely. Chernobyl, which happened about 25 years ago, the radioactivity spread around the entire northern hemisphere. It depends how many of these cores melt down and how successful they are on containing it once this disaster happens," Cirincione replied.

OK Chernobyl spread around the entire northern hemisphere and it was only 1 reactor. Japan has 6 reactors in trouble. Just a scale for ya.

If you'll take a look at our own backyard as to how many nuclear reactors are near or on active earthquake zones, it may just scare the #$#% out of you! This is especially troubling, as I've been following issues on the Fragile Earth forum concerning fracking in Arkansas and the hundreds upon hundreds of earthquakes there........just sayin'. Godspeed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Now reporting...

"Written by on 14 March 2011

Things are moving very fast, email me if you can confirm these stories:

* Province of BC emergency program relocated to Kamploops
* 300 ICU beds made available in Vancouver and Victoria Hospitals
* Scrubbing(decontamination washing) of long range surveillance aircraft at west coast and Hawaii Airbases
* A tip from a reader: Sure sign of imminent radioactive fallout… milk dairies quit collecting milk for human consumption, this happened previously with large Soviet nuclear test and after Chernobyl.

Special USAF aircraft have detected large amounts of Radioactivity over the mid-north Pacific region. The radiation cloud could make landfall in western North America within 24 hours.

Also

If you live on the West Coast please secure as much drinking water as you can.

Update: A second explosion has rocked Japan’s troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, leaving three workers injured and seven other missing, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

An 800 meter cloud of radioactive death was released, but authorities say all is well.

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

Sorry, was a bit late checking this thread so if you could tell me the source of this info it would be helpful. I live in Vancouver and have heard nothing of the sort.

it's bogus, nothing of the sort has happened here

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just thought I'd mention for anyone who might end up supplementing with iodine of any sorts, taking iodine alone can deplete selenium. Selenium is important for thyroid function as well. So you might want to think about having a bottle of selenium in the cupboard as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchMan

Was my link not a credible enough source?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The wind's are blowing west from the ocean in Japan now. Just looking at the different areas of Japan near and around the nuclear plants..

en.wikipedia.org...

Maebashi,_Gunma

Maebashi (前橋市 Maebashi-shi?) is the capital city of Gunma Prefecture, Japan. The city was founded on April 1, 1892, by the samurai Makuba Kawai. On December 5, 2004 the town of Ōgo, and the villages of Kasukawa and Miyagi, all from Seta District, were merged into Maebashi. As of October, 2010, population data, the city has an estimated population of 344,871 and a density of 1,106.63 persons per km². The total area is 311.64 km². It was traditionally the most populous city in Gunma until Takasaki merged with nearby towns.

Now we can all avoid the death count lie our MSM has helped cover-up.
JAPANS POPULATION DENSITY MAP

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by montymakchi
reply to post by ResearchMan

Was my link not a credible enough source?

Nope, But only because it's not related to the OP's post in the sense of it happening as and when he said it. What's happening now is different from what he posted.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Even the BBC is covering stuff up. They interviewed the police and the police officer slipped and said 70,000 death's in the first five minutes. The reporter immediately said 17,000 is such a high number trying to cover-up what the local japanese police officer had said. Look at the Density map, MSM IS LYING OUT THEIR TEETH ABOUT EVERYTHING that is going on over there.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

3.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
fox news is reporting...

"Explosion at Troubled Japanese Nuclear Plant Raises New Fears of Radiation Leaks"

only because of what they were reporting previous though. it's all a scam.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
im just curious, if anyone was around during hiroshima and nagasaki? was there any mass hysteria like there seems to be now on this site about radio-active material coming over to the west coast or the states for that matter? Or maybe not around during those times, but has any knowledge of sort about it. Im not a scientist by any means, but this whole thing seems like fear mongering to me. Im in so-cal on the beach, and im not the slight bit nervous about any fall out. I could be totally wrong, but it seems like those two bombs would have put 100 times more radio activity into the air.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hbpdfsu

You are 100% correct. However in terms of a plant exploding like in Chernobyl, which we still find radioactive dust in the air from... There are hundreds of times more radioactive elements associated with a power plant then a bomb.
edit on 15-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Living in the NW I did a check- here is the Alaska view-

"ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Alaska and federal officials expect no radiation from stricken Japanese nuclear plants to reach the state.

Greg Wilkinson with the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services says scientists, doctors and the military are all watching, but it’s unlikely radiation would rise high enough to enter the jet stream to the Aleutians and western Alaska.

Wilkinson told KTUU the department has received many calls from people asking where they can get iodine pills, which are a precaution against thyroid cancer caused by radiation. Wilkinson says the state has supplies to treat Alaskans."

Source

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Detects Radiation
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 15, 2011 1:07 a.m. EDT
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- U.S. Navy personnel are taking precautionary measures after instruments aboard an aircraft carrier docked in Japan detected low levels of radioactivity from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the Navy said Tuesday.
The USS George Washington was docked for maintenance in Yokosuka, about 175 miles (280 kilometers) from the plant, when instruments detected the radiation at 7 a.m. Tuesday (6 p.m. ET Monday), the Navy said in a statement.
Personnel will limit outdoor activities and secure external ventilation systems there and at a nearby air facility in Atsugi.
"These measures are strictly precautionary in nature. We do not expect that any United States federal radiation exposure limits will be exceeded even if no precautionary measures are taken," the Navy said.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Do you run the hoax-site quinetiam dot com?

Absolutely NOT! I found that article while googling the Japan Disaster about 10 minutes or so before my initial post.

I have been an ATS member for 3 years or so and NO I dont not run any other websites or have any financial interest in any of my conspiracy theories and speculations.

What search terms did you enter?

I dont remember the exact words which brought this page to my attention. I always have 10-20 windows active at once. I am a big-time news-hound. Probably Japan, Radiation or something like that I imagine.

Before finding the original source I have never heard of, or been to that website before.

All the source states is...

A tip from a reader: Sure sign of imminent radioactive fallout… milk dairies quit collecting milk for human consumption, this happened previously with large Soviet nuclear test and after Chernobyl.

This is on that original source website right now on the front page.

UPDATE: The situation in Japan is very fluid right now. It is clear that radiation is leaking from the damaged Power Plants. The severity and amounts vary from source to source. It is clear that numerous explosions have sent dust which I would suspect have been contaminated with some level of leaked radio activity, into the atmosphere. Current winds near the surface in the area appear to be FROM the NorthEast blowing back towards shore and the mainland of Japan. This is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE news... instead of the ocean and the USA getting a much dissapted dose of potential fallout, the homeland of Japan will get a more concentrated "fresh' dose of dust from reactor explosions.

If the material is circulated high enough to enter the Jet-Stream, then the fallout will be felt worldwide, as shown in the diagrams earlier in this thread.

Regarding the "Cloud of Radioactive Death" The original source states that the radioactivity could reach the US Coast within 24 hours.... This IS possible but highly unlikely. In order for the 24 hour travel time to be achieved the radio active fallout would need to reach the jet-stream which is between 25,000-40,000 feet above sea level. Then the jet stream would have to be moving at just about 210mph.... This is a high level for the jet stream. It is possible for those speeds but that is NOT typical. 50-100 miles winds are more typical.

I just managed to read through all the posts taking me around 2 hours... For the most part lots of great discussion and sourcing. Love to see new info and websites with info posted on ATS for easy access to us.
All I can say is regarding the original story is just the same as I wrote earlier... I am seeking the truth and opening this thread and all the discussions here is EXACTLY the sort of brain-storming I was looking for.

THE QUESTIONS:
-Is there risk of Radioactive Fallout Spread?
-What are/will be the levels of Radiation?
-How many Reactors are at Risk?
-Will the bulk seawater (now contaminated with radiation) they are using to cool the reactors simply spill out and enter the ecosystem?

These are the many questions we are trying to find. It is true that If there were a serious disaster, there is a speculative question that the Governments would be telling us everything, to avoid unnecessary panic.

But in my opinion... we are all adults here. Give us the info Bad or Not, and let us decide how to react.
Same goes for this thread. I AM NOT intentionally trying to unnecessarily panic the public. If I were on the West Coast, I would not be panicking or evacuating yet. I would be, like most of you, glued to the TV and Internet thirsty for knowledge.
edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hbpdfsu

I had the same thoughts, was curious as to the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombing vs the current situation. I asked my husband. He was a NBC instructor for the U.S. Marines many moons ago, but still seems to spit out some 'fun' info from time to time.

Now, this is my understanding (at least what I was able to interpret from his "back in the day" info-regurgitation): I guess the hiroshima/nagasaki bombs were nuclear (hydrogen?), but not the kind that charges particles. These plants are the type that do charge particles and it's the particles blowing in the wind stream that are the worry ATM. Also, everything around the reactors will be 'partically-charged' and contaminated. So, anyone and anything coming from the area, will have to be de-contaminated, before leaving the hazard zone(s).

I know, it's very 'laymen'. But, I hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

would you have to take them both in unison right away or are you meaning it depletes selenium over the long term? Just curious in case it comes to it and we do have to start taking...I havent even bought any yet because I'm not that panicked but if things decline even more and rapidly I may end up buying some.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ok this seems very strange and worth noting.

This website... usstream.tv: Live Feed - Tokyo, Japan Geiger Counter has been showing the radiation levels in Tokyo on a live feed.

It was working a few hours ago. I just checked on it and guess what?

Now it is "OFF AIR".

Weird because the website loads, so its not "over-loaded" by web traffic. Just "offline"
Is it part of a Conspiracy? Anyone can translate the Japanese on that webpage for us?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
NEWS UPDATE:

NEI.ORG: Radiation Leak at 40rems per hour

TEPCO workers continue to pump sea water at 1, 2 and 3 reactors. “The biggest problem is how to maintain the cooling and how to contain the fire at No. 4.” At 10:22 a.m. Japan time, the radiation level between units 2 and 3 were as high as 40 rem per hour. “We are talking about levels that can impact human health.”

Ok the news about the amounts of Radiation being released are clearly rising. They are at 40rem per hour. Normal day to day radiation is 360 millirems per year. or about 1 milli rem per day.

Radiation Poisoning which results in vomiting etc occurs at exposure of 100rems. If a worker there remains for 2 1/2 hours he has been exposed to 100rems and will be very ill and almost assured to have long-term serious health effects. Death from Radiation occurs at 400-500 rems. Source: WIKI: Radiation Poisoning

Nausea and vomiting generally occur within 24–48 hours after exposure to mild (1–2 Sv) doses of radiation. Radiation damage to the intestinal tract lining will cause nausea, bloody vomiting and diarrhea. This occurs when the victim's exposure is 200 rems (1 Sv = 100 rems) or more. The radiation will begin to destroy the cells in the body that divide rapidly. These including blood, GI tract, reproductive and hair cells, and harms the DNA and RNA of surviving cells. Headache, fatigue, and weakness are also seen with mild exposure

The real threat is the Radiation that will be absorbed longer term. Say down to even 1 rem per hour that is still 3 times what humans are normally exposed to in a whole year. And even at 1rem per hour, you will have acute Radiation Poisoning in 100 hrs.

I will NOT be surprised if Radiation levels released continue to rise.

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by hbpdfsu

I had the same thoughts, was curious as to the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombing vs the current situation. I asked my husband. He was a NBC instructor for the U.S. Marines many moons ago, but still seems to spit out some 'fun' info from time to time.

Now, this is my understanding (at least what I was able to interpret from his "back in the day" info-regurgitation): I guess the hiroshima/nagasaki bombs were nuclear (hydrogen?), but not the kind that charges particles. These plants are the type that do charge particles and it's the particles blowing in the wind stream that are the worry ATM. Also, everything around the reactors will be 'partically-charged' and contaminated. So, anyone and anything coming from the area, will have to be de-contaminated, before leaving the hazard zone(s).

I know, it's very 'laymen'. But, I hope it helps.

There is a major difference between fallout from a nuclear bomb and a nuclear meltdown. The energy outputs from a nuclear bomb are extremely high and that makes the bomb very efficient. A meltdown is a complete mess. Radioactive isotopes are more potent and last much longer. That's why Nagasaki was rebuilt relatively quickly but parts of Chernobyl are still uninhabitable.

Radioactive fallout from a nuclear explosion, though very dangerous initially, loses its intensity quickly because it is giving off so much energy. For example, fallout emitting gamma ray radiation at a rate over 1000 R/hr (fatal with half hour of exposure) shortly after an explosion, weakens to only 1/10th as strong 7 hours later. Two days later, it's only 1/100th as strong, or as deadly, as it was initially.

And, two weeks later, it is only 1/1000th as strong as it was initially. (However, radioactive fallout from sources other than a fission nuclear explosion, such as conventionally bombed nuclear processing facilities in Iran or from a nuke plant meltdown, will likely have a higher percentage of isotopes of longer lasting duration, but fortunately likely not get ejected up into the upper winds as much to travel as far, compared to if a nuke was detonated.)
edit on 15-3-2011 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by JRCrowley because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join