It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I live in central california...come at me radiation

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Right on thy...

Wiener roast at my place and we won't even need a fire!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability
Right on thy...

Wiener roast at my place and we won't even need a fire!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Right on brother, ill be over there shortly.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Breaking News CNN:

Japan's prime minister: Risk of further release of radioactive material from nuclear power plant remains "very high."

BBC: BREAKING NEWS:

Fire at reactor 4 of Fukushima nuclear plant, says Japanese PM

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So how much more radiation is involved in a total melt down, as say compared to.. When they got nuked by the U.S., twice? Or all the testing in the Nevada desert?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Since you guys brought up Chernobyl, I just heard on the radio tonight that at the Chernobyl plant they were doing a test, and had turned off the cooling pumps. I guess they found out what happens.

Also the guest speaker said that the rods were just sitting in a pool of water, there was no containment base.
edit on 14-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
OMG. I saw this Link, and thought, WTF?

The media is saying (generally) where PEOPLE live. It's gonna drift across 5000 miles of ocean, no harm by the time it gets to the good ol' USA. WTF?

The radiation is going to POISON the sea. The dolphins, whales, crabs, fish, sharks, and whatever else that depends on the food chain. WE are so self centered, thinking, OMG, how many people will be affected? It's gonna put a serious hurt on the ocean itself. The bible says in Revelations, a third of the sea dies. Here's a Link that TRIES to link it to the BP Gulf Oil spill.

Well, we know oil and water don't mix (Don't hurt the oil or the wine), so radiation is a very plausible candidate. Has ANYONE done any studies on radiation over oceans and air travel and the effects on ocean dwelling creatures? The first link showed the Chernobyl map, but in Japan we have what 3X the contamination? All of it eventually reaching the deep sea? I have no sources for THAT LEVEL of contamination. Sure, the airborne doesn't hit the USA, but HTF can you be so selfish to think it doesn't go SOMEWHERE? Where? Right into the ocean. Poisoned, I predict, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Mutant fish? I simply don't know. 1/3 of the life in the sea dies, and I call it on this tragedy. Heck, I'm not christian, a pagan, but to me it seems to be obvious.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Oh but Blaine you are so wrong on this, just take a read at the Nuclear regulation commission website and check out what they have to say about that.

Obamas big push for moving away from oil is going to be replaced with Nuclear energy, same plan McCain claimed he was going to move forward with in over seeing close to 400 new plants right here in the US and many hundreds more worldwide.

Here is a response i just made minutes ago to Burntheships:
Here's the big thing. I have been screaming at the roof tops for the past several days how the shareholders of the US backed and Internationally funded plans for Nuclear plants both new and the security of the old ones are in the forefront of discussion even after the Japanese situation with the cooling units on these plans in the event of a natural disaster.

Just caught on PBS how Switzerland as well as Germany have put a halt on all plans for their part in building new facilities based on current information on the cooling systems and their vulnerabilities.

US still plans to move forward!

BTS this is the ultimate in Stupidity and far beyond irresponsibility and lack of concern for the lives of millions of people who will be affected when San Andreas and New Madras not to mention impending situations based on the upcoming Solar maximum, Tornadoes, Tsunamis, hurricanes to mention just a few possible threats to National Security.

I will stop here but God knows I have so much more to say on this, Japan was a wake up call, and only those with the highest of calling and responsibility are paying attention rather than blindly moving forward with these asinine plans which you know as well as I the funding has already been promised and spent.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alomaha
Breaking News CNN:

Japan's prime minister: Risk of further release of radioactive material from nuclear power plant remains "very high."

BBC: BREAKING NEWS:

Fire at reactor 4 of Fukushima nuclear plant, says Japanese PM

Talk about a bad day at work huh

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I agree - the Pacfici Ocean and the animals there are doomed!

Here's what the MSM are giving us - Radiation up and 4th reactor fire

link   
reply to post by Druid42

I agree - the Pacfici Ocean and the animals there are doomed!

Here's what the MSM are giving us - Radiation up and 4th reactor fire

link   
reply to post by Druid42

edit on 14-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Do you run the hoax-site quinetiam dot com?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So, does this go to hoax yet? There is NOTHING happening in Kamloops. Except beer. Right. Now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Absolutely NOT! I found that article while googling the Japan Disaster about 10 minutes or so before my initial post.

I have been an ATS member for 3 years or so and NO I dont not run any other websites or have any financial interest in any of my conspiracy theories and speculations.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I feel for them. WE have no data whatsoever about the effect of nuclear fallout on the creatures that live in the ocean. (Can ANYONE produce data?)

It makes me almost sick to think that people only worry about WHO are gonna be affected, and not WHAT. The ocean, from the bacteria to the phytoplankton to the krill to the whale's dinner is going to be affected. (Ok, I will regress for a brief second on a point in a particular Star Trek film, when all the whales were extinct and a deep-space probe, ah, V-GER came back to communicate with them. What did they have to do? We don't have that technology.)

I wish we would pause thinking about humans and address the bigger issue of what happens when the PACIFIC OCEAN is contaminated. How do the currents flow? How many sea creatures are affected? I'd like to see information on THAT subject. ANY marine biologists on ATS? ANYONE?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
BBC: Meltdown alert at Fukushima reactor

International nuclear watchdogs said there was no sign of a meltdown but one minister said a melting of rods was "highly likely" to be happening.

Highly likely.... I would assume that means 80% or better? That a meltdown is in progress? Does melting of the rods constitute a meltdown? Or is a meltdown only if it melts out of the plant?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Who wants to make bets on how many hours it takes once it's melted out of primary containment; to melt though a few feet of concrete and into the water tables??

I will make a starting bet of around 18 hours...maybe less.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Originally posted by cripmeister

Absolutely NOT! I found that article while googling the Japan Disaster about 10 minutes or so before my initial post.

I have been an ATS member for 3 years or so and NO I dont not run any other websites or have any financial interest in any of my conspiracy theories and speculations.

What search terms did you enter?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hi I'm a new member, I really like the level of information available here and how quickly you guys get the information out. I've been following these threads sense the disaster struck. I'm aware of how the media likes to downplay things and am always grateful for alternative news outlets. Thanks for all your thoughts, concerns, and research! Now that the introduction and thanks is out of the way.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"In a nationally televised statement, Prime Minister Naoto Kan said radiation has spread from the three reactors of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant in one of the hardest-hit provinces in Friday’s 9.0-magnitude earthquake and the ensuing tsunami.

“The level seems very high, and there is still a very high risk of more radiation coming out,” Kan said."

I also just saw a few minutes ago on HLN "exessive radiation levels detected ..." forgive me for not getting the rest of the statement but I was busy registering for this place

side note:

I've been using GNC megamen vitamin supplements mostly for the boron (can't find boron supplements??) however I wanted to let you guys know that it contains 150mc of potassium iodine.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join