It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

very well put I am on the west and I agree

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
reply to post by templar knight

I seen a so-called bbc "expert" say they wont melt down "it will not meltdown" ohhhhh it did
I seen a so-called bbc "expert" say seawater would work to cool it ohhhhh it didnt
I seen a "expert" in and from japan working on the thing say they cant tell for sure because they cant get into the building. but the bbc talking head "expert" knows lol let me tell you something about the bbc ive been following this thing from friday the bbc is full of sh## and are about 6hours old in the information they bring out

Yep. Haven't got the balls to do their own investigative work and are taking the word of the Japanese and their "armchair experts" as the Gospel Truth. I quit watching the propoganda tripe here in the UK after Saturday morning.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry but this is pure BS

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reading this, sitting in L.A., and a little freaked out. that reactor explosion looked very mushroom cloud-like. I'm going to find some potassium iodide somewhere just in case..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
We have many posters here from the west coast, including myself. I'm getting the notion that none of us much appreciate people making this # up at us.

Please point out to me just exactly
what info I have posted here that is
fraudulent and I will gladly myself
ask admins or mods to delete it
if it has extended past it's edit time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm not buying it.

It seems to me that the title of this thread should include the word "Unconfirmed" just so people don't get the idea that it's been confirmed even by the OP. First thing I saw when I logged on... I hope people don't buy into this more than to just be prepared for anything as usual.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

yep lol they even had the same "expert" on 3 days in a row and everything he had said was wrong the previous days with no mention of it. when the first one melted down they were playing the tape for about 6 hours of this fool saying it can it wont. (im not jokeing it was about 6hours) i want to punch my tv lol

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by zeeon

I would like to say thank you for taking the time to post....and I would agree that there is no deadly cloud coming over to the states even if the reactor suffered full meltdown.
Some people just seem to like to try to spread panic and i hope that you can do everything possible to help the people that are suffering in Japan right now...they have lost so much and need all our help and support.

Thank you plube, what's also been brought to attention is the source of some of these "experts" ie., Joseph Cirincione President of PloughShares Fund who has been quoted as stating"Chernobyl Like Disaster" in their most recent article. Who owns Plough Shares Fund? George Soros.
Another Robert Alvarez-ISP says in their recent write up of the Japan disaster siting using seawater to cool the reactors: "I would describe this measure as a Hail Mary Pass"
Just who funds ISP who is putting out this information? The Institute for Policy Studies/The Tides Foundation-George Soros.
You have to wonder, why does this faction want no nuclear energy, no coal, no oil?

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Cause for concern ? Maybe. But to be honest I am not really worried at this moment in time.
Unless those reactors blow up in a violent way and scatter debris several kilometers high, then I cant see how any amount of radiation could travel 5,000 miles to the West Coast. I would be more inclined to be scared if I were in Hawaii.
That's not to say that taking precaution is foolish like many are saying. If you feel better taking certain precautions like buying Potassium Iodide pills, just be sure to know how and when to take them. Be safe about it rather than paranoid.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've been reading about a newer reactor, thorium-based that's safer.. here's a linky www.wired.com...

If we ever build more reactors in the U.S. this might be the way to go.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
CTV is reporting some of the rods are likely melting
right now. I do not know enough about the production of nuclear power to know exactly what this means.
CTV is pretty good at getting facts and not fear-mongering.The link is below.

Peace, Nova

CTV NEWS

edit on 14-3-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Novatrino because: rephrased it

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
(CNN) -- A third reactor at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant encountered problems with its cooling mechanism Monday, triggering fresh fears of a meltdown that could leak dangerous amounts of radiation into the atmosphere.

Blasts occurred at two other reactors at the plant over the weekend after Friday's devastating earthquake and tsunami led to similar cooling issues.

'' watch the video at this link ''

Is Japan facing Chernobyl threat?

edit on 14-3-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DABIGRAGU

Nice to see how some people do look behind the alterior motives of people who feed the MSM this rubbish for their own personal gains i would have to agree with you on that.
The sad thing is by the replies that there are actually members who are believeing this BS and have no idea about what the term fallout even means....fallout comes in the form of the debris that is collected during an nuclear explosion and that particulate is brought up into the upper atmosphere and then falls dwon in these particles bring down the radio active matter with it....which i am sure you are aware.
now also there is a contingent that would like nothing more than to see the power of Japanese economy fail and as you can see in the Markets this is occuring...and the people of Japan do not need to suffer this consequence of a disaster that is not of their making.
One day it would be good to see mankind stick together and act as a human race, It is a sad day that this disaster is being used in such a manner, The Japanese people are suffering and the rest of the world should be showing support not further ripping them apart.
I started a thread to show how the ja[panese people deserve so much better as they go through this crisis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop the fear mongering in this thread and the Members of ATS should know better than to accept any BS from unconfirmed sources.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
Sorry but this is pure BS

and thank you for your valuable opinion
duly noted
2nd

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is a damn hoax (at least the part about a deadly radiation cloud reaching the USA in 24 hours). Annonymous sources my ass. Scientists say its impossible for deadly radiation to reach 5000 miles to the USA even if there was a full metldown and there wasnt even that. 5,000 miles of open space is more than enough for any radiation to disperse long before it hits the coast. To even suggest that a nuclear plant meltdown has a deadly radius of 5000+ miles is so ridiculous, that would mean just a few meldowns spaced out across the globe would kill everyone on earth lol.. Chernobly was much worse than these meltdowns could be and it didn't kill people thousands of miles away, all of europe woulda been wiped out instead of a few hundred people in nearby areas. This is total bs, probably the same jerk from 4chan who made that fake hoax fallout map.
edit on 14-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i think we just need to wait and see. there are still several reactors that could possibley meltdown, and they are expecting more earthquakes in the coming days.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Check out THIS website: Radiation Network : LIVE USA Radiation Network Maps

I wouldnt be surprised if this website gets overloaded frequently in the days to come. As of right not there is no apparent increase in ambient Radiation levels in the USA

WOW AS1~!!! That is awesome~!! Def * on this.. thx you~!!!! Great to see some grassroots going on to quell the confusion. Definately going to bookmark this; I'm anxious to see what their associate comes up with in Japan.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Did Americans freak out this bad each time there was an above-ground nuclear weapons test? If not, why is everyone freaking out now? The OP says that there are hundreds of ICU beds in Vancouver; would this not make the news? Now I know what people will say: "The MSM is in league with the PTB and don't want to tell us the truth." If they did not care about us, why open up the hundreds of beds? Why not just let people die? Makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
Supposedly some of the rods are melting
right now. I do not know enough about the production of nuclear power to know exactly what this means.
CTV is pretty good at getting facts and not fear-mongering.The link is below.

Peace, Nova

CTV NEWS

hey thanks for that link.
I liked the way that reporter conducted
her interview. Very professional without
the sensationalism. I think I'll add that site
to my list of news links, so thanks

star 4 u

on to the content

that page you linked had a discrepancy
with other reports already posted here
so I'm just trying to get a confirmation
here. Some other posters and links here
have said there is no uranium or plutonium
in these reactors but then I read this from
your link:

The level of coolant water dropped precipitously Monday inside the most badly damaged reactor, leaving the uranium fuel rods completely exposed just hours after a hydrogen explosion tore through a nearby building housing another reactor.

The explosion at the Dai-ichi plant's Unit 3, the second in three days, sent a towering cloud of smoke into the air and injured 11 workers.

"Units 1 and 3 are at least somewhat stabilized for the time being," said Nuclear and Industrial Agency official Ryohei Shiomi. "Unit 2 now requires all our effort and attention."

If the unit's uranium core melts down, it could result in an explosion and a major leak of radiation.

quoted from your link.

this is mentioning uranium specifically
by name. wasn't uranium rods used at
Chernobyl as well ??? anybody confirm
this??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
METAR for Narita, Tokyo

METAR: RJAA 142218Z 04015G27KT 010V110 8000 FEW020 SCT/// 10/05 Q1011 WS R34R RMK 1SC020 A2988

(Wind 15 kt from northeast with gusts up to 27 kt , varying between north and east/southeast)

en.allmetsat.com...

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join