It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I really think it is time the MODS close this thread as people are trying to give faulty medical advice and not only that, the time when you take the pills is time related to the coming exposure of any said radiation....This thread is now becomning hazardous to individuals who are willing to believe anything that is being told to them....
It is disgusting and morally wrong and if you actually start taking any medicines being recomended here as you are putting your health at risk period. You may be harming the same people you are trying to protect based upon faultly information.....now the MODS need to step in here now and remove any and all medical advice being given.
DO NOT FOLLOW ANY OF THE FAULTY ADVICE BEING GIVEN IN THIS THREAD WHICH IS COMPLETELY BASED UPON FALSE INFORMATION.
edit on 043131p://f11Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
People need to calm down !!!! I would'nt get excited too much yet,even if there is a fall out the particle dispertion at high altitude would disperse most of the radioactivity before it reaches the USA.I live in ireland and were three times closer to chernobyl than the west coast is to Japan.Chernobyl was worse because rather than just an explosion,it burned for days releasing radiation into the atmosphere.Even people in scandanavian countries only a few hundred miles away didnt need iodine tabs.So its doubtfull you will.I may be wrong but i think theres a severe over reaction here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you think you know the facts. Instead of bitching and point scoring. TELL US. Jeees.
edit on 14-3-2011 by RUDDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Congressman Markey's Letter to President Obama: Who's In Charge If Nuclear Disaster Hits America?

Rep. Markey also reiterated his concerns that potassium iodide, the "emergency pills" taken after a nuclear disaster which can help prevent the cancer-causing effects of radiation poisoning, have not been distributed to those living within 20 miles of a U.S. nuclear facility, in contradiction with a 2002 law which Rep. Markey authored.

So... WHEN is the U.S. Government going to start distributing KI tabs?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by zeeon
Knowing this, I find it highly speculative that such a "Deadly" radiation cloud is going to strike the United States. We, as it is, are right off the coast of Japan and we were exposed to a very minor amount.

while I have no doubt you are legit
posting from the USS Reagan.
But what I do have reservations about
is your speculation that you can successfully
predict no radiation reaching the US Coast.
Unless you control the weather and the jet stream
and the containment efforts in Japan then
you yourself cannot make this statement.
And if your Commanding Officer has stated
this to you, then he is lying to you as well.

Mind you, from what I've read, the worst
may be yet to come as the Japanese Gov
has stated they believe all 3 reactors are
currently in meltdown.

Not to be rude, or disrespectful - but I believe my speculation carries a bit more weight, seeing how we are actually here, off the coast of Japan, 60 miles from the coast of Miyagi Prefecture where the reactors are - while you are sitting over a thousand miles away at home behind your monitor.

Also, my Commanding Officer has nothing to gain by lying about the current situation, and judging by the actions (not just his words) he has taken to educate us, and keep us safe speak the truth much louder then his words.

Yes, there was some radiation leakage - is it enough to cause fallout and spread over 1000 miles to the United States? Extremely doubtful. I would also like to remind you that the fallout from either of the Atomic Bombs we dropped on Japan during WWII spread to the United States, and that radiation was much more massive in scale then what we are experiencing right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That's not quite true...I was watching the breaking news for a good 40 minutes before the Copter started to show video of waves coming in. So an hour sounds about right.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have been following this with experts from the BBC and listening to him [a professor from London College University], his view was not as dramatic as some of these in the post:
- When asked whether this was another Chenobyl, he made it clear that it could NEVER be another Chenobyl. Chenobyl had a design fault which meant that it spiralled into a high violent explosion in literally 5 or 10 mins after the reactor went wrong. Now reactors are designed not to spiral out of control with safety controls that work through the laws of physics.
- Also heard the figure that people would get a months radiation in one shot. Again, this wasn't to worry too much, some place have high natural radioactivity as this
- As for the cloud of nuclear gas. Inside the power plant the cooling rods were not getting any water through through to cool them. Without the cooling water, the heat turned the water into steam and the pressure grew and grew in the reactor as the steam got hotter. So a controlled [i.e. deliberate] venting was done to try to reduce the pressure on the reactor - releasing some steam and inevitably radioactive gas.
- The Japanese took no chances and put up a restriction of 10km and then 20km - basically to keep people out of the way [a lesson learnt from 3 mile island]

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Geez another one.

People of north America do not need to worry, there is VERY little chance of ANY radiation reaching here. The situation is not dire and we do not need to freak out about this. We need to be helping people of japan as they are the ones that need to worry. People need to stop spreading mis information.

The Japanese reactors are built with a failsafe for a Full meltdown and will still be contained with little radiation being vented and a little activated sea water. If a full meltdown occurs it will be contained in 1 of the 3 containment structures around the core reactor.

When the earthquake hit there were moderator rods put in place to stop the nuclear reaction so they are not taking place at this moment. That means this could not be as bad as Chernobyl, no chance, they are not even in the same category.

Minor leaks will be handled by potassium iodide pills and that will only be in japan. 60 miles off shore is nothing when a little bit of radiation has to go thousands to reach here.

We never trust MSM, why now? I'll stick with straight up physics and engineering on this one.

Everyone is watching CNN right now, so of course they want to keep viewers.

The building was going to explode and they knew that, they panned for it, they just thought releasing the steam into the building would decrease the little radiation that has to be vented out, which is minuscule to begin with. These people are being exposed to multiple x-rays of today's technology, which is nothing, it is about the same as the dentist.

No need to panic people because some people are really freaking out by people twisting stories. Calm down people everything will be fine, all we have to do now if make every reactor out there have higher preparedness.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Agree with you, but the US is around 5-6,000 miles away from Japan. Halfway round the world. Some of you live closer to Chernobyl than Japan (New York is about 4,600 miles away)!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff from the BBC News

Also for the record, collect seaweed - it is high in iodine and hence will displace any radioactive iodine out of your body.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

That was a plutonium reactor, and that is a Shroom. Thats all I needed to see. I have seen the shroom clouds, and hiding that mushroom is not healthy for anyone either. The problem with this is its one bad disaster and several others. its like 3mile Chenoybyl and others, all under the jet stream. Msn kept mentioning ill winds blowing during the harsh winter storms. Hmmmm.....Just what do they know?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I've been on ATS for years now, boondock. And what I've seen is that there are many posters here who want fear and panic. It's an ATS-specific version of trolling. They deliver lies and misinformation with the intent to stir things up and get people scared "for the lulz."

We have many posters here from the west coast, including myself. I'm getting the notion that none of us much appreciate people making this # up at us. It might be entertainment for you, but that value doesn't translate very well to us.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorry but one of those is a cut and paste. What you found is two more irresponsible sources parroting the original and basing their story on the originals supposed anonymous source.

Yep, these 'sources' are just copies of the same thing.

I love the original where is quickly says

"Things are moving very fast, email me if you can confirm these stories:"

(insert your favourite made-up story here?)

ONCE AGAIN ...

LISTEN FOR GOD HAS NEVER LEFT ANY OF YOU ALONE YOU LEFT HIM

Gee your world... earthlings can't confirm the truth from fiction. You have done the same with the bible and all of your scriptures,..... yeah we knew it in the beginning. WE KNEW if you walked away from the truth the CREATOR you would not be able to understand those strange beings on board those flyng saucers. YOU ALL KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE now....

FOOLS YOU KNOW THERE IS NO LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS. What do you think we were having a party in Heaven.....( see we have a sence or sense or cents of humor) guess where you got yours from?. Defeating Lucifer it took thousands of years. Man will always evil

WAKE UP NOW PRAY PRAY PRAY that is our internet

I have been here with you earthlings

How long have I been here on this board and what have I told you?????.

FOR THOSE TWO PARROTS IN THAT post I quoted you want a cracker. GO AHEAD SAY IT.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Not to be rude, or disrespectful - but I believe my speculation carries a bit more weight, seeing how we are actually here, off the coast of Japan, 60 miles from the coast of Miyagi Prefecture where the reactors are - while you are sitting over a thousand miles away at home behind your monitor.

I know you're not being disrespectful or rude

But I will have to say

even the NASA Space Shuttle needs
Houston Center to Operate even though
Houston is not on the moon, but rather
geeks sitting behind a monitor

best wishes my friend
going into harm's way

boon

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

The radiation cloud could make landfall in western North America within 24 hours.

Hm, what goes around comes around eh ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It make a big bang, and obviously noted there was a lot of material ejected. Were talking tonnes of concrete, steel reinforcing beams etc. You do realise we have a thing called Gravity on Earth, and all that debris would have come back down (the heaviest stuff right back on top of the reactor.)

Now I don't know about you, but think of something weighing the size of a car, or small house being dropped from the height that debris plume got to. And you can see why #3 is now in meltdown. Anyone who says the integrity of the core wasn't comprimised in the slightest is delusional.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Let me begin by saying that I am not confirming nor denying the subject of this thread, but I can however provide some insight...
I am a currently a crew member onboard the USS Ronald Reagan, which is sitting off the coast of Japan aiding the government in rescue and aid operations. I can confirm that yes, we did come into contact with some 'airborne radiation'...however I can also confirm that it was VERY mild in nature and all 17 crew members are doing just fine. The article posted on CNN tells the truth, and is a direct quote of our Captain.

The amount of radiation that we were exposed to was very very minute - and the Navy really has done everything in its power to not only enlighten us, but also to ensure our safety while we help those in need in Japan.

Knowing this, I find it highly speculative that such a "Deadly" radiation cloud is going to strike the United States. We, as it is, are right off the coast of Japan and we were exposed to a very minor amount.

Take it or leave it, the choice is yours.

And to those who might not believe I'm posting this from onboard a ship, Springer can check the IP address.

How many here have missed this post?

You can't get a better source than this!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by zeeon

Agree with you, but the US is around 5-6,000 miles away from Japan. Halfway round the world. Some of you live closer to Chernobyl than Japan (New York is about 4,600 miles away)!

Thanks for the clarification!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

I seen a so-called bbc "expert" say they wont melt down "it will not meltdown" ohhhhh it did
I seen a so-called bbc "expert" say seawater would work to cool it ohhhhh it didnt
I seen a "expert" in and from japan working on the thing say they cant tell for sure because they cant get into the building. but the bbc talking head "expert" knows lol let me tell you something about the bbc ive been following this thing from friday the bbc is full of sh## and are about 6hours old in the information they bring out

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Where you taking samples directly in the jetstream itself? But otherwise that is somewhat balanced, except for the opening, "I cannot confirm the not confirm the OP". I am concerned that the whole post is careful wording.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join