It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I searched the story on Kyodo News and couldn't find it. The other source, Sapa-AFP, is more believeable and I do believe that story. There is a big difference between repositioning the ships and abandoning the efforts to assist in the situation.

Yes I agree, and has also been validated by the article in the Navy Times, they have repositioned. Thats why I try to source news before I post it, and really like to have several sources to find the truth of the matter.

www.navytimes.com...

I agree, lets be calm, everyone!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Take a read here, they have the capability to move and do it well. The Commanding Officer :

“As a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, we have extensive technical expertise onboard to properly monitor such types of risks, and if necessary, rapidly resolve the situation,” he wrote.

Ships in the carrier’s strike group, including the cruiser Chancellorsville, the destroyer Preble, the combat support ship Bridge and destroyers Fitzgerald, John S. McCain, McCampbell and Curtis Wilbur, are all expected to operate off the east coast of Honshu, the largest Japanese island. The destroyer Mustin is south of the power plant.

“We will watch the winds closely in the coming days and move our ships and aircraft as necessary to avoid the windline in Fukushima,” Burke wrote.

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I've come to always look forward to your informative posts. Such sound logic in times of uncertainty. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagula
They haven't moved out of the area, or abandoned post. They are still providing assistance to recovery teams, they just relocated to get out of the wind's way of carrying the radiation. Their helicopter pilots were inflicted with a dose of radiation (not enough to cause harm at this point) flying back to the carrier. They were scrubbed down, and are fine.

The carrier and the fleet of ships have MOVED, to avoid the winds carrying radiation. But are still in the area of Japan providing assistance. At this point have not abandoned their post of assisting Japan.

well I will have to agree with ya,
that is what I got out of it as well.
just repositioned, not abandoned

just hope the wind don't change

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

The writter of that article got the fuel mix and the cause of the explosion wrong, i'm not going to take there advice why not to worry about the reactors, besides it was written in Germany the radiation has a lot further to go to get to them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Haven't read through all 20 pages of this yet, but are there any other sources (other than the original) confirming this story?

NOPE. None at all!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Exactly why the the OP's thread is pure rubbish to begin with.
edit on 14-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Try googling this phrase -

"Special USAF aircraft have detected large amounts of Radioactivity over the mid-north Pacific region. The radiation cloud could make landfall in western North America within 24 hours"

All I can see is someone shilling to promote quinetiam.

Interesting site as it only has 'news' articles going back to 7th March.
Very little advertising, and no other content.
Links to external sites do not appear to have affiliate tags associated with them.
There's nothing in the archive.

So why try to promote the site?
May they got bored and just fancied a trolling exercise.

Or maybe if the trolling is big and loud enough, it drives 'enough' traffic to
the site to make those few adverts pay.

Dunno, only 20-odd pages here, but those other conspiracy sites could all add up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Check out THIS website: Radiation Network : LIVE USA Radiation Network Maps

I wouldnt be surprised if this website gets overloaded frequently in the days to come. As of right not there is no apparent increase in ambient Radiation levels in the USA

That's an obvious marketing gimmick by Mineralabs. It's to get you to go this site and buy. Nothing wrong with that but means the data is being provided by people who may or may not know what they are doing.

For instance in S.E. Idaho if a person were to participate and had slag from one of the Phosphate Plants below the foundations of their homes, as some do, they would get way higher background readings than normal and the data they provided would be crap. Lot's of issues with amateurs pretending to be experts. Somebody living in the Green River, UT area or south of Grand Junction, CO could take a reading on a dusty, windy day and go into panic mode. Lot's of possibilities.

Reminds me of what you find with amateur weather stations. Things like placing temperature devices in the direct sun or close to buildings giving false data. You could expect the same lack of accuracy in this case, I'm sure.

I remember in Geology Lab one day a guy walked in with a shiny black rock in his pocket. He thought it was too heavy and wanted to know what it was. It was too heavy so we pulled out a Geiger Counter and it spiked the needle. He likely went bald and sterile soon after. He had carried it in his pocket for years as a good luck piece. He picked it up in his backyard. It was a beautiful specimen of Uraninite. Imagine if he were reporting to that site?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
NOPE. None at all!!!

well I hate to disagree with nice folks but
yes, there are 2 more sources with the same
story other than the link in the OP

______beforeitsnews/story/480/737/Airforce_WC-135_detect_deadly_Radiation_over_Pacific.html

and

www.trentslist.org...

while I agree that one of those is a blog,
unless the story can be refuted by multiple
other sources, then it is corroborated by
a couple MSM outlets.

Not to mention the other sources and links
added later in the preceding 20 pages to
this one.

and thanks for adding to the quality assurance
of this thread

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

Special USAF aircraft have detected large amounts of Radioactivity over the mid-north Pacific region. The radiation cloud could make landfall in western North America within 24 hours.

The WC-135 Constant Phoenix is a special purpose aircraft derived from the Boeing C-135 and used by the United States Air Force. Its mission is to collect samples from the atmosphere for the purpose of detecting and identifying nuclear explosions. It is also informally referred to as the “weather bird” or “the sniffer” by workers on the program.

Still working to get other sources. The article did point out that during the Hydrogen Explosion earlier the cloud reached a height of 800m during the initial blast.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f29d898f3ae1.jpg[/atsimg]

More to come....

UPDATE: The original author claims to have been given an anonymous insider tip from a contact friend of his inside the military. He himself is attempting to find out if this story is true. He asks for any possible leads be emailed to him. Mentioned in the source article.

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: update

Hey!!!!

This might sound a little weird! but does any one else see the face in the smoke, at the very tip, its pretty big...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
just for people who have a need for continuous update try

Nuclear Energy Institute

There are also links to live feeds and other info....don't live in fear...get informed.

as for the potassium iodine tablets....just remember they are to help prevent the build up of radioactive iodine in the thyroid which can lead to cancer....and not all the reactors are spewing this type of radiation....so be aware...
Also as was mentioned about the prevailing winds and the dissipation as it crosses the vast ocean....most would discipate to safe levels by the time it was to even reach the west coast.
So why come on here to scare people....and i will state again...it is people in Japan people we should be concerned about instead ....come on show some compassion and stop your fear mongering to people on the west coast over radiation....the people of the west coast should keep their ears peeled for anymore possible Quakes and Tsunami warnings.....your fear of potassium radio active isotopes reaching the west coast is minimal and is probably why it is not being mentioned in the MSM.

edit on 023131p://f52Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorry but one of those is a cut and paste. What you found is two more irresponsible sources parroting the original and basing their story on the originals supposed anonymous source.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I just got the latest defcon warning e-mail and I think while this is not great news. I do think that this thread and the story of the Air Force detecting radiation over the Pacific is false. IMHO

Here is the text of the e-mail I just received:

This is the DEFCON Warning System radiation report for 12:30 P.M. PDT, Monday, March 14, 2011. Radiation activity for the area of Okuma, Japan is being reported as 30X normal, though there are no official hard numbers available. Due to conflicting reports between official government agencies and reliable reports from the ground, the DEFCON Warning System is assigning low value to government reports. Evacuation areas are still in force. Latest wind patterns show spreading radiation to the southeast of the affected location, then shifting northeast and east out to sea. Local agencies will have current wind patterns for your area. Based on information coming out from the Fukushima nuclear power plant, some experts believe that Japan is beginning to lose the battle to contain the situation, though heat continues to dissapate the longer the situation continues without a breech. At this time, the DEFCON Warning System does not forsee any of this radiation reaching the United States, however the nuclear plants are continuing to have cooling problems. We will continue to monitor the situation and report as necessary. The DEFCON Warning System is a private enterprise which monitors world events and assesses nuclear threats against the United States by national entities. The DEFCON Warning System will give radiation readings for areas that are reported to it. Your readings will vary. This system serves the Kettle Falls area of Northeast Washington. Official news sources will have radiation readings for your area. For immediate updates, go to www.defconwarningsystem.com. Breaking news and important information can be found on the DEFCON Warning System message board. You may also subscribe to the YouTube channel DefconWarningSystem, however YouTube updates may be delayed by several hours due to server load. Due to the sporadic nature of information coming out of affected areas, the next update will be made when new information is available. This concludes this broadcast of the DEFCON Warning System.

edit on 3/14/11 by mel1962 because: Added source links

Defcon Warning Site

Current Radiation Readings in Japan
edit on 3/14/11 by mel1962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

www.youtube.com...
You should not be worried about the meltdown over there. Look how many test have been preformed around the world since 1945. More than enough to bugger our atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

With all of our future plans for safe "Efficient Nuclear Energy" on the line here, where were the plans ahead of time? This should have a solution which has been practiced and implemented long before it ever happened. They are not going about this in a way which is keeping our Military safe, or their workers, or the Good People Of Japan.

It feels like a bunch of guess work, wait and see, and yes risk taking and failures of the best laid plans.

This is a wake up call to what placing a hand grenade in the hands of an ADHD with Hyperactivity disorder child in a bipolar state means to the safety of the world.

With all of the stakeholders ready and willing to put these facilities worldwide, they need to first learn how to handle the ones they have with 100% assurance and they are not there yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
There are also links to live feeds and other info....don't live in fear...get informed.

let me ask you a question:
do you think the fear of getting radiated
is why the USS Reagan changed it's course??
Why should we the populace be less
informed ??? Are we not allowed to
change our course also if the need
so desires ??? How can we make that
choice if we are not being told the truth?

Obama's words: "Do as you are told"
it seems as though the choice has already
been made for us.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by liejunkie01

With all of our future plans for safe "Efficient Nuclear Energy" on the line here, where were the plans ahead of time?

In the US anyway, construction of new plants was halted many decades ago. No company is interested in building any more. Not worth the process to permit and the law suits by fanatics. We could have safe clean energy, but the environmentalists don't actually want it. How would their organizations raise any money for the people raking it in?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
why in the world does this unsourced thread have 60+ flags when RADIATION LEVELS specific readings thread has only 2 flags!! c'mon folks let's deny some ignorance here!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join