It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by koots751
I PRAY this isn't true, but if it is I can be ready to leave in hours.
I am in Nelson BC, Anyone in BC planning on driving east please let me know.

Yes, if this is true I will def. be heading east.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I find it so weird. it's obviously intelligently written but with what purpose. Genuine regard for us or fear propaganda.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

you make a good point....perhaps some of us on the west coast need to collaborate here, just in case. Im in oregon myself.

Well I'm certainly not sleeping until this is cleared up.
No vehicle on this end but always willing to throw in gas for a good road trip

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
im in California and i have been on this **** all night..........im hearing one thing after another.......i hope theres others out there like me preparing for the worst as in i feel no one around my area is taking this seriously!!! however i have not heard any sources claim this and everything ive been reading from the past hour says the u.s. is not in danger............

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I find it so weird. it's obviously intelligently written but with what purpose. Genuine regard for us or fear propaganda.

my vote is still for fear propaganda seeing as lower down on the site that hoax map is still being used

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

you make a good point....perhaps some of us on the west coast need to collaborate here, just in case. Im in oregon myself.

Well I'm certainly not sleeping until this is cleared up.
No vehicle on this end but always willing to throw in gas for a good road trip

well, i am seriously ok with the idea of getting some people in line, just in case. So anyone in PNW, feel free to u2u me

link   
I read the article, it does not mention where they got the information or who released it.

Thank you baloney detection kit!

link   
i live in california, the bay area to be more precise (you know, the elbow of california). well, used to but im relatively close still (bout 1 hour away). but i do live right on the sacramento delta which all of so cal, arizona, and new mexico get their water from. if radiation were to reach here those states would be just as affected as here. also, this is a huge farming area, most veggies in stores come from here so you better bet your ass everywhere will be affected.

concerned of the reactors, i am. getting ready for a nuclear disaster? i am not as i just lost my job and have no doe! not to mention my car has problems and just got a flat >_

link   
Source please... I'm surprised you're capable of copy and pasting the paragraph but is incapable in copy and pasting the link directing to the source.

link   
I don't believe anything from that site. It is where the hoax map originated from. Completely unsubstantiated and sensationalism fear-mongering at its worse.

Being a coastal resident of Washington, I am starting to get really p**ssed off at all these fake stories.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
breaking news alert just came on Fox News

U.S. Fleet: Ships, Aircraft Moved Away From Japan Nuke Plant After Low Level Radiation Dose

so Fox news confirms US Ships moving away
from Japan. There was no link yet, it was
on the ticker at the top of Fox news.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Here we go, some more corroboration...

U.S. Detects Radiation 60 Miles From Stricken Plant

"As the scale of Japan’s nuclear crisis begins to come to light, experts in Japan and the United States say the country is now facing a cascade of accumulating problems that suggest that radioactive releases of steam from the crippled plants could go on for weeks or even months.

The emergency flooding of two stricken reactors with seawater and the resulting steam releases are a desperate step intended to avoid a much bigger problem: a full meltdown of the nuclear cores in two reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. "

NY Times: Radioactive Releases in Japan Could Last Months, Experts Say

"More steam releases also mean that the plume headed across the Pacific could continue to grow. On Sunday evening, the White House sought to tamp down concerns, saying that modeling done by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission had concluded that “Hawaii, Alaska, the U.S. Territories and the U.S. West Coast are not expected to experience any harmful levels of radioactivity.” "

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I think if that's the site the hoax map came from it needs to be made CRYSTAL CLEAR that its not a reliable source before thousands of people have nervous breakdowns

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

its hardly corroboration. That NYT story is hours old, and says nothing about deadly levels of radiation. In fact, it says the opposite.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

so are you trying to use these reports that we've already read to confirm this new "deadly" levels one?

link   
Military Crew Said to Be Exposed to Radiation, but Officials Call Risk in U.S. Slight

The Pentagon was expected to announce that the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, which is sailing in the Pacific, passed through a radioactive cloud from stricken nuclear reactors in Japan, causing crew members on deck to receive a month’s worth of radiation in about an hour, government officials said Sunday.

This is actually quite a good read, very informative!

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Discover because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Discover

before the risk was non-existant, now it's slight??

link   

Originally posted by antoniothomas
THANK YOU ! I CALL COMPLETE BULL**** THE STORY IS HOURS OLD!!!!!!!!!!! FAIL!

that breaking news alert on the top of Fox news
is less than 10 mins old. US Ships moving
away from Japan, confirms low level radiation
leakages. That would be over the Pacific Ocean
would it not???

link   
its a hoax def not true

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join