It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm not much into rumors.

So what I tried to do, is getting some live online radiation readings.

I found this satellite from the European Space Agency ESA that appears to provide real time radiation measuring.

xmm.vilspa.esa.es...

I'm still in the process of familiarizing myself with the data and how to use the search options, it's a bit more complex than your average google search, but it appears to show a massive spike in radiation connected to the events in Japan:

As I said I need to look further into it in terms of how severe that is, if it's exceptionally high compared to historical data etc.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is this: One of the first websites I stumbled upon was the website of health Canada that has an extensive radiation measuring network, live data feeds connected to a fancy data center where it is evaluated in real time.... Do you know how often this live data is published on the website ? Quarterly. I guess it's still a handy feature .. in case you want to look up whether you received a lethal dose 3 months ago .. uhm wait .. lol

edit on 14-3-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: Image link typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
wow, this I just learned, wow!
guess where Japan stores/d their spent fuel from the reactors?
ON TOP OF THE REACTORS
This comes from RT

If so this is sooooooooooo much bigger than what we are being told.

do you have a source link for that info?
2nd

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Form this article:

More steam releases also mean that the plume headed across the Pacific could continue to grow. On Sunday evening, the White House sought to tamp down concerns, saying that modeling done by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission had concluded that “Hawaii, Alaska, the U.S. Territories and the U.S. West Coast are not expected to experience any harmful levels of radioactivity.”

This is unnerving... they've been having the exact same attitude during the BP oil spill! Why should they be trusted even further???

PEOPLE FROM THE N.A, WEST COAST HERE PAY ATTENTION:

- Get lots of potassium iodide ASAP! Begin to take regular doses immediately.

- Stock up a large amount of clean, fresh water. Bury the water containers deep under the ground if you can.

On the longer term this might concern people from the rest of North America as well, since the Western mountain ranges might not block all of the fallout, and could be carried through the intercontinental Westerly wind currents.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The worlds superpowers have only been detonating every variation of atomic and thermonuclear device since 1945, covering every square inch of the planet in strontium 90 and highly radioactive plutonium particles. whats a little nuclear power company going to produce other than a little radioactivity that's not going to come anywhere near the dangers as the 2000 some odd nuclear and hydrogen bomb tests have overall produced.

they'll get it under control sooner or later, there's plenty of other places on the planet throughout the world the japanese can be evacuated to in the event of a mass contamination of the country.

you figure they would have known better than to play with atomics after all they've been through previously, i guess some people never learn

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yea, the same government that told everyone at ground zero that the air was safe to breathe and there was no need to wear protection while cleaning up the towers.We all know how that turned out. I have a hard time believing them these days.

Think about the panic that would set in if it was reported by the MSM that a poisonous radioactive cloud is heading towards the West Coast. I can see why they would surpress this information.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Not sure how reliable this will be, but a Japanese man is translating live into English. He is doing a pretty good job.

yokosonews.com...

And a live Stream Greiger counter in Tokyo.

www.ustream.tv...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
live ustream feed from a geiger counter in tokyo:
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

ON TOP OF THE REACTORS
This comes from RT

Where did you hear this?

This is related to a point I did want to raise. When that wave ripped through the facility I'm sure it had to come in contact with & disperse some radioactive material. Wonder where that stuff went?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antoniothomas

I am in California also, Central Valley. No one in my area is taking any of this seriously either. I am prepared, even bought Potassium iodine 6 months ago. But for most people, it is life as usual, nothing is happening.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

www.ehow.com...

Kelp # One of the best natural sources of iodine is kelp and other sea vegetables. Kelp contains the natural, elemental form of iodine, and is very rich with iodine. Just one small serving per day gives you well over 100 percent of your daily needs for iodine. Kelp can also be found in a capsule form to be taken as a supplement. Read more: Sources of Iodine in Food | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
well the radiation would be carried in fallout for one thing in the form of ash and particulate matter other wise the half life is very short lived.
so if people think that ash from the explosions is going to carry enough radio active material over the ocean i would feel you should think twice. man...the poor folk of Japan and here we have a bunch of paranoid Americans jumping on the ban wagon of fear...stop feeling for yourselves in your own delusional egocentric thoughts when you have all the poor Japanese people who have lost everything and are going through hell and people are worried about low concentrations of radiation that is not much higher than background radiation we encounter everyday.
Here is a nation who suffered manmade atrocities of nuclear blasts and did the fallout fron Hiroshima and Nagasaki reach the west coast nooooo.
why not go learn about the half life of the radiation and learn how it is carried in the particulate before fear mongering and show some respect to all the Japanese lives that will be lost during the this Disaster.
I Wish all those Japanese souls all the best and i hope that there will be as little as possible Radioactive reprecussions to the people of that nation whom have suffered a great tragedy,

NOTE:
here read some stuff to calm your nerves.

survivng fallout
edit on 113131p://f26Monday by plube because: note

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

ON TOP OF THE REACTORS
This comes from RT

2nd

yes
www.youtube.com...=16
quote towards the end...at 6:00+

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

holy crapola,
that link you posted said this process
of cooling the reactors with sea water
and then releasing radiation into the atmosphere
through vent valves may continue for over a year.
This process will have to be maintained until
the rods burn up their fuel source.

Can you imagine the radiation in the world after
a year or more of releasing this directly into
the atmosphere?

Now how important is Dec. 21, 2012 ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Wow...All this from a nuclear power plant? I wonder how much radiation was emitted in the air/space when we did all the tests in Nevada ?
Surely the underwater and underground blasts does not count

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ON TOP OF THE REACTORS
This comes from RT

2nd

Boon, I found it!

Inside the plant, according to industry executives and American experts who received briefings over the weekend, there was deep concern that spent nuclear fuel that was kept in a “cooling pond” inside one of the plants had been exposed and begun letting off potentially deadly gamma radiation. Then water levels inside the reactor cores began to fall. While estimates vary, several officials and industry experts said Sunday that the top four to nine feet of the nuclear fuel in the core and control rods appear to have been exposed to the air — a condition that that can quickly lead to melting, and ultimately to full meltdown.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
This is related to a point I did want to raise. When that wave ripped through the facility I'm sure it had to come in contact with & disperse some radioactive material. Wonder where that stuff went?

that could have been what those fires
on top and in the middle of all that water
were about. Water pushes the debris against the
rogue lost fuel rods and it evaporates the water
in the debris and sets the debris on fire in a small
local area. That could account for those fires
in the middle of the water. I saw pictures of that
and wondered how this fire was burning in the
middle of all that water.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ON TOP OF THE REACTORS
This comes from RT

2nd

Not an official source, but I read that too. Came from MSM yesterday or the day before, if I recall correctly.

FWIW. Second line.
edit on 14-3-2011 by netwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
On RSOE EDIS is visible that 7th fleet found something 100 miles from Japan..
If thats not official I don't know what is..

So they have found some contamination but it sure is question how much !!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Now how important is Dec. 21, 2012

Sigh, someone had to mention it, here we go lol. Anyways, that quote about where they store the used fuel, holy crap. I've been reading about this MOX fuel and how instead of removing the plutonium, they mix it and reuse it, which can potentially create more fissile material. As well, this type of fuel produces more potentially bomb grade material.

Pumping seawater in is a last ditch effort, they have to cool those rods down or they'll keep burning fuel and go into a full meltdown state. The steam being produces is of little concern unless you are right there in Japan. Fallout from an actual meltdown.....

We learned from Chernobyl. This isn't the same, but can potentially be just as bad, we've got really nasty fuel, several large explosions, and now the rods are exposed (not to the air, just no longer under coolant). If we get into a meltdown situation, and THEN we have another explosion, we've got some major friggin problems.

Right now it's important to understand, this is not the end of the world and they still have a chance to get it under control. Do not believe the media when they say it's nothing to worry about, this could change into a big problem in minutes and we just don't know at this point. We've got 2 runaway reactors they are desperately trying to cool down.

The conflicting reports about the thread title aren't helping. This radiation the ship detected, according to at least 1 article I read, was the steam plume they released, not an indication of containment breach. There's no way any of that is reaching the US.

I'll be watching this live feed from Tokyo closely, but they are downwind from the reactors are they not?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hate to alarm you folks. The winds coming out of Japan into the US are traveling at 135 mph it is Appoximatly 5100 miles from US. It would take around 40-45 hours for it to get here. Which most likely means its either hitting us right now or not comming at all. They also can detect radioactive particles from space. So im not so sure why a plane would fly into it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join