It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Normally NO tides in Cyprus, now we have.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Did not know where to put this, because this is not as doom thinking and all other negative thoughts.

I was listening to the radio(bfbs,British Forces Broadcasting Service) in the car and they said that there where tides coming up,(bare in mind there are never tides in Cyprus) and the reason for that was the so called supermoon, personally i did not believe that story, but as normal on a nice sunny sunday went to a place a long the beach had a walk and a frappé or a chino, was a while ago when i was there because the weather was not great.I took this picture with my cellphone so the quality is not that great.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7d1aee53f03.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09906bbebdba.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f422006d4b95.jpg[/atsimg]

I was amazed if this is the influence what the so called supermoon has on the planet, would there not be a possibility to think that all the natural disasters happening lately are linked to this so called supermoon?

I'm no expert but cannot deny what i saw on the beach yesterday.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
the supermoon will have a small effect on the tides according to scientists so it is possible that the could be it. But take into account that its 5 days away also. and tomorrow is the alignment of Earth, Mars, Planet X, Jupiter, Saturn and the sun with Earth being in the middle like some sick "Tug O' War" game of the planets. But the alignment will have a major impact on tides due to the amount of gravitational pull that is goin to occur. My theory, those tides will be bigger tomorrow.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't have the time to research right now (I will later!) but if Cyprus really never has tides then that is very interesting. I don't know if I want to jump right into the supermoon theory until someone really shows the science behind it, but if it is from that, then I wonder what could lie in store for the world...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by captainKing098

The moon has more than a small affect on the tides and EQ's. The article states it.

Even under normal conditions, the moon is close enough to Earth to make its weighty presence felt: It causes the ebb and flow of the ocean tides. The moon's gravity can even cause small but measurable ebbs and flows in the continents, called "land tides" or "solid Earth tides," too. The tides are greatest during full and new moons, when the sun and moon are aligned either on the same or opposite sides of the Earth.

According to John Vidale, a seismologist at the University of Washington in Seattle and director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, particularly dramatic land and ocean tides do trigger earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Those pictures look like low tide to me. You can see the ripple shapes in the sand from water drawing out to sea.. and where the tide was higher it is still moist.

Not sure what I'm meant to see in these pictures.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
moons effects > suns effects.
the moon used to be top dog, we used to have 13 lunar months and what not ya know. then some stupid pope decided to change it and declare himself ruler of the world, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

I started to research 'no tides' and got this for the second item in Google. The first was this thread! How do ATS do that?

theendtimesarehere.com...

Being nearly landlocked affects the Mediterranean Sea's properties; for instance, tides are very limited as a result of the narrow connection with the Atlantic Ocean. The Mediterranean is characterized and immediately recognized by its deep blue color.

Source: Wikipedia

Despite doing geography in my school days I did not know that. (Or maybe forgot it). Thanks.
edit on 14/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join