join

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just read some of this.

www.forums.mlb.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

While reading some posts on ATS and in farcebook I was totally shocked at the vitriol and lack of empathy. Wow! My perception of humanity has now dwindled to the lower ranks of Dante's inferno. It is unbelievable the hatred that some individuals hold against others. This is why humanity is so effed up.

No wonder I care more about animals than humans.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
On a side note, I knew the name Takashi Endo was very familiar. He is from the video gaming industry, and has worked on lots of big titles.

IMDB

That being said, I'm not sure what is up with people these days but Japan is an amazing country and a strong ally to the US. If I could I would go over there right now to help, I really wish I could seeing as every picture or video I see of the event makes my feel ill.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
If the same thing happened in the US, I doubt we handle the situation as well.

Yup. It sure made the Katrina efforts look like Amateur hour. Why? Because the Japanese care about one another - it seems the people in the USA have been desensitized.

The Japanese culture believes group harmony is more important than individual harmony. The USA believes in Reality TV and Hollywood.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

How true. I just saw a report on FOX, on Fox no less about how calm the Japanes people are reacting to this crisis. No looting, no violence, patience. The Japanes people have set an example by their unmitigated calm in the face of ultimate distress. If this had been L.A., well enough said.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Did you notice there were no riots or looting? People seemed calm and generally were helping each other.

There was a picture of two men carrying elderly women on their backs.

Here - allow me to Americanize that for you:

"Did you notice all the riots and looting? People seemed crazy and generally were attacking each other.

There was a picture of two men carrying a flat screen TV on their backs."

If this happened on the other side of the Pacific, that would be accurate and you only need look back at recent history to know it's true. It's a sad statement on the culture we're living in.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Could these earth quakes be caused from oil drying up oil fires..1905 we started draining oil..1906 san franscico hit with massive earth quake...Oil fields on fire libya ..start 20 feb..New zealand earth quake 22 feb..now japan is there a link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stanley03061973

Yes, the link is Tectonic Plates always being in motion. Has been happening for about 4.55 billion years now. ;-D

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank You OP for this awesome thread!!!
Reading posts of people who think we should have nothing to do with helping the Japanese, or makes a joke of the situation, or wants to profit from the misfortune of the others...absolutely blows me away. The ignorance of some is pathetic.

We are all humans and we share the same planet...it is in our DNA to help our own kind regardless of religion, political ideaology or skin color.

Thanks again OP!!! One of the bright topics amongst a lot of drivel lately.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I sympathize geatly with the pain and lost that these people have experienced, but I don't think the Japanese government needs any of my money so I will pray for them.

I think the Japanese government has plenty of money and quality resources to provide for their own people.What they lack in material resource they can afford to buy because they are not a third world country. They have money, infrastructure, and technology.

The only reason why other countries (even much poorer countries) donated to Hurricane Katrina victims because they could see how blatantly unconcerned the US government was in helping their very own poor and minority citizens. Law enforcement killed people trying to walk over a bridge to safety because they were the wrong color. That is the only reason why the rest of the world responded because they saw gross injustice in one of the richest countries in the world.

Correct me if I am wrong, but do other countries typically donate money every time there is a tornado in the midwest or a hurricane in the gulf region?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If every American donated just one penny that would come to roughly $3,120,000.
If every American donated just one dollar that would come to roughly 312 million.
Think that will do?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The hypocrisy displayed by those claiming to "deny ignorance" is mind blowing.

I believe that most ATS members are sympathetic to the plight of the Japanese people. Again, I emphasize the word people. I am not talking about governments. I am talking about people. Some of you look at this like it is a *&(%$ game. Wake up and listen to Snap, Crackle, and Pop drowning in your milk. The game is over.

People are all that is left. The days of the New Word Order/One World Government are at hand on this planet and only people can stop this. By the way, if you have been living with your head in the sand (this is for my fellow Americans), the "We the People" part of the constitution has been eroded to drooling rhetoric. Just replace "People" with "Government" and it will be as clear as dawn in a desert sky.

There will be much world wide suffering in the months and years to come. Don't get too riled up. There will be good days, too. One does not have to be either the most learned astrophysicist or most devout spiritual guru to see that the world is going through changes no government is ready for. Give to Japan. Give financially. Give spiritually. Give graciously. Give in any way that you can because it is what you should do. Period.

Luke 10:25-37

[25] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" [26] "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?" [27] He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" [28] "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live." [29] But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" [30] In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. [31] A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. [32] So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. [33] But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. [34] He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. [35] The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.' [36] "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" [37] The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

The Jews and Samaritans were very different. 2000 years ago, the Samaritans were often looked down upon as less than second class citizens by the Jews. They were not the best of neighbors, but they were neighbors nonetheless. When someone is in genuine need, do not turn your back on them. You can if you want, but I don't advise it.

I don't care if you believe this or not. This is my belief system. I will say this in closing... I still believe that as one of the nearly 7 billion people on this grass and water covered rock zipping around the sun, we are all we really have. Take it or leave it... but then again, where in the hell else are you going to go?

Please go in peace (inner and outer.) You will need it to combat the turmoil (inner and outer.)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
there was a little looting.
nothing like america.
maybe they where yanks.
what saved Japan was that they made the building safe!
they build they to survive earth quakes.
unlike america, they are just stupid?
they get earth quakes & tornadoes.
and after its over they build cheap wooden houses again?
why dont they build buildings that can survive earth quakes & tornadoes.
they just put wood over the windows.
america can you tell me why this is this way?
it a earth quake of 9 hits a american city.
it will be totally destroyed and most dead.
Japan saved Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here's a news article from NHK (A Japanese TV network) saying the Japanese government has officially asked the US for assistance with the nuclear plants.

NHK World

I really wish I could go over there myself and help, even if it was just in the clean up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'll would gladly host a Japanese family at my house.

I say we let them come over here to the USA, till things clear up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
sorry if this is a repost but i thought everyone would like to see this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

At first, I was surprised and shocked by the attitude that the average American seems to have, in regards to this tragedy. The feelings of shock and surprise soon left me, after realizing just how common this heartless, lack of compassion attitude actually is. I am honestly disgusted and ashamed to call myself an american.

Proud Ashamed to be an American

I have the feeling that you would find some reason to be ashamed to call yourself an american, no matter what the circumstances were. Believe me, you're not the only one who is ashamed you are an American.

Why not just help Japan in whatever method you can, and forget what the rest of the world does?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Did you notice there were no riots or looting? People seemed calm and generally were helping each other.

There was a picture of two men carrying elderly women on their backs.

If the same thing happened in the US, I doubt we handle the situation as well.

I've had japanese roommates for 6 years and they are by FAR the best roommate you could ever hope to get. They don't eat your food ,they always pay on time and are always quiet and respectful.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hopefully everyone who needs to has gotten the point by now.

I think ATS mods should check to see if other threads might be moved to top billing. It's a little embarrassing to even have this topic be so big and bold on top of the homepage during this ever growing catastrophe.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow, I was totally offended the other day when the FOX had on the Catholic priest who questioned the ability of the Japanese to deal with this crisis because they lack the Christ. That was offense.

Of course, every culture has its way of dealing with grief. To see that the FOX seemed to suggest that the Japanese are incapable of compassion because of their lack of the Christendom was extremely offensive.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join