It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of you who have bad things to say about Japan right now:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by of the Ether

I have been reading these things and worse. It's like a knife in my heart. I have visited Tokyo once, 8 years ago. I can't recall a time where I was ever treated so kindly in my life. Not even in my own home country. Those people wear their hearts on their sleeve and I love them dearly. They were already paid for pearl harbor, and much more. Enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Where are the riots? Where is the looting?
There is no one there to riot. There is no place to loot. LOL

THREAD FAIL! YOU ARE NOT WINNING.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Japanese people never forget. They will have their revenge for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Whether this century or in a millennia. I tell you something.

The United States of America made a mistake on those days.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thankyou for starting this thread, it has made me feel sick to see some of the comments that have been posted on the internet about Japan. As each day goes by I lose more and more faith in humanity.

These comments are not just from Americans but from some British people here too, mostly in support of the karma for Pearl Harbour. I have heard these comments for years. People who refuse to buy anything Japanese, even someone refusing to service Japanese cars but that is their choice.

It is true I was never a POW, that I never lived through the war and I can't imagine for one second what that must have been like and I won't forget the people who died for our country BUT I am a different generation as is my daughter, generations that are born to try again and put right what happened in the past. It is up to us to show the future generation that will run this world how things should be done, to offer the hand of friendship and kindness and to learn from past mistakes. I sat and watched thousands of people die on my tv, that is something I will never forget.

People should wake up and realise the effect this is going to have across the globe.

The Japanese need our help and they need it NOW!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hey, here's a stupid idea... some of the food that FEMA has purchased- it was reported about two months ago, I think, and again in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... be used for the survivors in the hardest hit areas of Japan.

Terror threats rising as FEMA orders $1 Billion in dehydrated food
www.examiner.com...

Although it may seem early, we need to be concerned that in the next day or so (if not already), diseases will start emerging. If the call comes to go there and help out, I will accept.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Our world is where it is because people like those who bash on Japan in such times. People who try and make money of such a disaster.

Some of this people show the very bad of the nature of human kind. Is no wonder why nature and events punish earth and us in such ways . Maybe we realy need a clean up of the population of this planet some of humans are "Ugly Souls "

Excellent Post

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Where are the riots? Where is the looting?
There is no one there to riot. There is no place to loot. LOL

THREAD FAIL! YOU ARE NOT WINNING.

Charlie? is that you?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

The mistake was Atomic Energy used as a weapon, period. The biggest mistake of all. The other mistake being made is people still thinking revenge is necessary. It is very sad they should still want to seek revenge for that just as it is people feel we deserve payback on Pearl Harbor.

Those who were responsible for those acts are now dead or very elderly. Why cast such ugly energy on generations who had no part in WWII? Such silly beings we humans are. The past is doomed to repeat itself when things just can't be let go. Then we ask ourselves why we are in such a vortex of negativity here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

DUH!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

If the behavior I see from people before an impending snow event is any indication of the way the majority will act if a real disaster happens, then my town is pretty much done. People are animals. They whine about lines. They get rude to elderly ladies in the express lane. They get angry if the store doesn't have just the right bread. I can only imagine the fistfights if these rednecks had to sit in a line for gas and water for hours. Some of these people fight at funerals. It's sad. The older generation is good and still community minded. Mine however, isn't. I try, but I feel I'm in the minority. We'll pull together and help someone out of the community. There will be fund raisers. They'll smile and make themselves feel good about it. I think all bets are off if it happened here.

It makes me realize what spoiled brats most of us really are. I even catch myself whining about insignificant crap occasionally and kick myself in the arse when I do.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Granted I don't live here on ATS but was there some posts I missed or was??

What prompted this thread? I haven't seen where people were talking bad about the Japanese. Was it here?

The country that has had the largest terror attack in history and nobody acknowledges it as such.
(That's what I consider it when someone drops atomic bombs on civilian populations, war time or not)

They are an enterprising people, courteous, hard working, funny sense of humor. (just look at animae :-)

Even if a group of people are bad, shame on anybody for attacking them when they are dealing with something
like they are now.

I think the leader of north Korea is a lunatic and the people are crazy for putting up with it but if they went through what Japan did I would have compassion for the people.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by of the Ether

I agree that the civilians shouldn't be the victims of Japan's revenge. I think it should be the US military. The US military need to be shown that they can't just go and screw with a country's civilian population whenever they please. Japan should break the deal made about having a self-defence force only and turn it's military into a normal one. And when they have a military force strong enough to act as a deterrent of war, they should strike against two military bases with two nuclear weapons the same size as the ones of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Bombing a civilian population with nuclear weapons is wrong. And unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks, OP. Well said. We're all people and next time it could be us who'll be suffering and needing help.

This reads: Don't give up, Japan! Don't give up, Tohoko!
(Tohoko is the northern region that was so hard hit.)

Credit for image: The Independent, UK

I light incense to the people of Japan and say prayers for their peace.

Mike

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
S&F. We are all living our lives on this boulder lost in space, and none of us has anywhere else to go. Therefore, be it happiness or grief, storm or sunshine, whether wealthy or poor, we are all in it together somehow. And distance doesn't really matter, it is all happening on this tiny grain of sand, and it will affect all of us, sooner or later, one way or another. Goodness, empathy, sorrow for another living creature's pain, being it human or anything else, are the most profound corner stones of our existence as human beings. When someone is crying in absolute torment, you do not waste time judging its race, shape, form, colour, you do not weigh its culture, beliefs, value. No, you don't. You provide help, and you do not ask why, but how.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Personally I just do not understand why some people are so uncaring and unfeeling. To make remarks about making money out of this disaster or even jokes about it.... it just hammers daggers into my heart. Perhaps it is because I have lived my life with war and killing going on around me. Or maybe it is just because I am human.

I am in tears watching the news. It has just shown the tsunami coming in and overcoming people who looked like they had no idea what was happening. My heart is breaking.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

There will always be people who react like this. There are even a lot of sick 'jokes' going around. You cannot change this. The people who behave like this are probably quite troubled themselves internally. Be grateful for your ability to experience and express compassion. It's a virtue that will probably be needed more it as earth goes through whatever changes it seems to be going through recently.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
At first, I was surprised and shocked by the attitude that the average American seems to have, in regards to this tragedy. The feelings of shock and surprise soon left me, after realizing just how common this heartless, lack of compassion attitude actually is. I am honestly disgusted and ashamed to call myself an american.
reply to post by BrokenCircles

At one point Obama spoke up for empathy and was pounded for it. Imagine.

We can't win the football game with empathy or compassion for the other team.
We will lose if we even consider that "God" might also be on the other side.

We are constantly bombarded with the message " Be the best" .
The only way we can do that is if everyone else isn't.
I really think it all has something to do with this insane drive to compete.

Proud Ashamed [color=midnightblue]to be an [color=midnightblue]American
edit on 3/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Aisling

Japanese people never forget. They will have their revenge for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Whether this century or in a millennia. I tell you something.

No. Just no. lol God help me I'm mostly German AND Japanese and raised in the beautiful USA. Just shoot me now and avenge all of WWII.
I assure you neither the Germans nor the Japanese are seething for revenge. There is a lot of sorrow and regret for the past but the Japanese especially relish the present and look forward to the future. And they have a fondness for America and Americans. They do some annoying arrogant things, yes. As do all of us. And their stewardship of the sea is atrocious even compared to how poorly the rest of us take care of our sea life. But that is no reason to take satisfaction in this horrible tragedy that has befallen them. And with a super volcano poised to take out two thirds of our country under the right conditions, and the scary indicators around the New Madrid fault, we in the USA are hardly in the position to be pointing and laughing at any other nation's tragedy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting. If this is some form of karmic rebalancing because of Pearl Harbor, than why did it take so dang long???

More worrisome yet, when can the U.S. and U.K. expect a karmic butt-kicking for Iraq and Afghanistan???
Just over 2,000 people lost their lives in Pearl Harbor.....Meanwhile, we've killed somewhere in the neighborhood of a million people. Guess we should be ready for the BIG ONE.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

reply to post by Aisling

No. Just no. lol God help me I'm mostly German AND Japanese and raised in the beautiful USA. Just shoot me now and avenge all of WWII.
I assure you neither the Germans nor the Japanese are seething for revenge. There is a lot of sorrow and regret for the past but the Japanese especially relish the present and look forward to the future. And they have a fondness for America and Americans. They do some annoying arrogant things, yes. As do all of us. And their stewardship of the sea is atrocious even compared to how poorly the rest of us take care of our sea life. But that is no reason to take satisfaction in this horrible tragedy that has befallen them. And with a super volcano poised to take out two thirds of our country under the right conditions, and the scary indicators around the New Madrid fault, we in the USA are hardly in the position to be pointing and laughing at any other nation's tragedy.

This. There is no place for xenophobia in this time of tragedy for the Japanese people and all others who are suffering, regardless of nationality.

The anti-American sentiment here and elsewhere I have experienced disturbs me. I didn't drop the bomb or vote for the guy that did. The 'sins' of the father (colloquially) are not visited upon the son or daughter. I say the Pledge at the appropriate time, though I do leave out the "Under God" part. I am here to be the future and to reform, collaborate, initiate, and ensure that the values of equality, peace, and justice on which my country was founded are upheld by those who are placed into discussion that hopefully will lead to legislation.

My generation (end of X, beginning of Y) is charged with serious issues right now. I hope we will tackle them in a different way from past generations. Their tactics evidently left us with a whole pile of doo-doo to deal with so we've got a big mess to clean up when all we want to do is be happy with our families, friends, careers, hobbies, lives!

I think we'll live up to the task. So will the Japanese. I have heard no reports of rioting or civil unrest. It seems that the Japanese are being peaceful and banding together to survive. I am inspired by their strength. It doesn't take a balance sheet to assess how much the US/Japan have been reluctant allies over the years. I wouldn't be happy if anyone dropped a nuke on my city. Who would?

We are all people, and my only regrets are that many are xenophobic or hold grudges. Including the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join