It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of you who have bad things to say about Japan right now:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I will leave you with this simple link to examine:

en.wikipedia.org...

There, you will see not just how much money and resources Japan donated to US during Hurricane Katrina, but you will also see how much other countries donated. Notice Afghanistan.

This is to those of you who are saying, "Well, Japan wouldn't/didn't/would never donate to the United States if anything happened" - check it:

The Japanese Foreign Ministry said that it would provide $200,000 to the American Red Cross to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. Japan also identified needs in affected regions via the U.S. government and provided up to $300,000 in emergency supplies such as tents, blankets and power generators if they receive requests from the U.S. for such assistance. One Japanese individual, Takashi Endo, donated USD 1 million from his personal funds to Katrina relief efforts.

www.america.gov...

I mean, come on people. We're humans - not animals. Stop hating and help if you can.

Also, notice for example how the countries that perhaps couldn't afford money per se, they contributed with what they could - like Indonesia:

Offered to send 45 doctors and 155 other medical staffers and 10,000 blankets to help survivors.

Even Iraq gave us $1,000,000.

As I heard in a movie once, "We are all children of the Earth" - no matter how lame and corny that sounds, it's true.
edit on 3/14/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
there is already a thread running about making a profit off of the tragedy in Japan.... folks are mean i swear!

thank you for this thread, Japan needs our help, lets show em what we are capable of and step up!

SMR
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It really shows what type of people are here on ATS. I have been pretty shocked to say the least while reading some comments. It amazes me that while such a horrific event is going on, some have it in them to say the things they do. Makes you wonder if they were the "middle child"

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Did you notice there were no riots or looting? People seemed calm and generally were helping each other.

There was a picture of two men carrying elderly women on their backs.

If the same thing happened in the US, I doubt we handle the situation as well.

link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
there is already a thread running about making a profit off of the tragedy in Japan.... folks are mean i swear!

thank you for this thread, Japan needs our help, lets show em what we are capable of and step up!

I thought it was just an internet-troll thing, but when I was at work the other day, I mentioned to a co-worker about what happened over there, and she was like, "Screw them - we have our own people to worry about."

link   
We already are helping with disaster relief.

US Military assets in the region are helping out in all kinds of ways, right this very minute.

Here is a snippet from Reuters.com. Link

More U.S. warships arrived off Japan's coast on Sunday, ramping up relief efforts after a massive earthquake and tsunami killed an estimated 10,000 people or more and threatened to trigger a nuclear disaster. It is part of a huge mobilization of American forces in the Pacific to aid close-ally Japan that will see the U.S. military ferry humanitarian supplies, evacuate survivors and shuttle Japanese troops.

We can do more, and we will.
edit on 14-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm glad you found this OP. And it makes a strong statement. Some people just don't realize how crazy they sound until it happens to them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

That's so vile I don't even have words. I don't care what happened 60 years ago, profiting off of human suffering and even talking about it in such away is less than human

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

S&Fs! yes! Honestly, I don't really give a damn who donated what to whom, when tragedy happens, I realize that the people suffering are normal human beings who live just like I do, have jobs, families, plans, goals, etc, it's not their fault nature has decided to crap on them and if we start to play he gave more or less then we will never grow up as a civilization.

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Did you notice there were no riots or looting? People seemed calm and generally were helping each other.

There was a picture of two men carrying elderly women on their backs.

If the same thing happened in the US, I doubt we handle the situation as well.

This was one of the first things that ran through my mind when I saw the aftermath.
Where was the looting ? Where were the riots ? No fires ?

I think people should look at this as an example of how you conduct yourself even after such a tragedy.
Your town was just destroyed. Why make it worse for you and others ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
hey i just wanted to thank you for creating this thread. i was quick to comment on the recent threat authored by our resident 'business man' about america capitalizing on japans horrid losses, it made me a lil nauseous. the facts you post here help drive home the idea that a loving global community is still possible. as opposed to a stealing, manipulative race.

link   

Us Aussies know how to give

Australia
A$10 million (approximately US$7.5 million), and a team of 1,000 emergency response officers immediately. Donated A$20 million to American Red Cross.

That's awesome and I'm sure we'll help Japan also..
I know our rescue teams are on their way having just been through our own disasters and NZ's..

link   
Ok, who cares if some people are heartless and don't want to help?

I really don't care at all. It's their life, and when the time comes I will still help them despite their cold emptiness.

Let them think whatever stupid things they want.

Meanwhile, those of us who can do something, will.

Let's focus on what we can do, and how to do it.
Let's ignore those who refuse to do anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I woud rather help the Japanese than all the corrupt bankers and CEO's.

I feel bad for those people and if I had the means to help over there I would.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
At first, I was surprised and shocked by the attitude that the average American seems to have, in regards to this tragedy. The feelings of shock and surprise soon left me, after realizing just how common this heartless, lack of compassion attitude actually is. I am honestly disgusted and ashamed to call myself an american.

Proud Ashamed [color=midnightblue]to be an [color=midnightblue]American
edit on 3/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
In fact, I really hate just donating, honestly, I want to do more, I want to go over there and hug these people and tell them I love them and it's going to be alright and that the world does share their pain, and I want to stay up all hours of the night and make sure every single soul is sleeping peacefully...why? because those people out there are my brothers and sisters.
edit on 3/14/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: typo (AGAIN)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

that was the sexiest thing i have read on ATS!!! props

i hope that the Japanese realize that most Americans, and most folks worldwide fell exactly the same way.
goodness should never be ignored and love rewarded.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Doing something feels alot better than not doing anything.
Some people post just to get people fired up or bring attention to themselves.

Humans are good people.
I cant imagine anyone who would NOT want to help.

If i could go there now to help i would.
As far as throwing cash at a problem...........no no no
They dont need money they need donations.

Edit: I really wish there was some way to help other than paying money.
I feel for these people but i cant help them.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Jazzscapez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

As I heard in a movie once, "We are all children of the Earth" - no matter how lame and corny that sounds, it's true.

Dosn't sound lame or corny to me Impaired, sounds like truth.
Good thread SnF.
Some people it seems try to find an excuse for not having any feelings, like normal people do I guess. That's what I think anyway. They have no compassion for humanity, no pity in them. So their mind must find a reason why they don't. So they can go on thinking their normal. When actually something is very wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I totally agree! the only way we can overthrow the corruption of the world is if we begin to realize that we need to support one another, especially in times like these, regardless of religion, sexual preference, gender, etc, all those are just labels anyway, what remains is our humanity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join