It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Zhirinovsky calls on Japanese to move to Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Russia's Zhirinovsky calls on Japanese to move to Russia

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the colorful and flamboyant leader of Russia's LDPR party, has called on Japanese to leave "the dangerous islands" and move to the unpopulated Russian territories, the newsru.com website reported on Sunday.

Zhirinovsky, 64, also deputy speaker of the lower house, offered Russian government to start talks with Japan over Japanese nationals' migration to Russia.

"In this case we do not share any islands, we offer the way to avoid a humanitarian catastrophe," newsru.com quoted Zhirinovsky as saying. "Russia will even benefit if such hardworking people join us," he added.

The politician said he was serious since "the Japanese nation is under the threat of extinction in the near future."

en.rian.ru...

while I agree that Japan is in a mess right now,
I however find it very odd that Zhirinovsky claimed
that Japan is under threat of extinction in the near
future. Does he know something we do not?

While I applaud him for offering parts of Russia
for the Japanese to migrate but find it a lil odd
that he may have an agenda here other than
humanitarian aid.

Your thoughts ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
just the thought of japans people migrating
to russia seems unreal , i don't think he knws
anything sinister he is just being kind and also
seeing the benefits of having hard workers join
them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"Russia will even benefit if such hard working people join us", that's a really odd way of putting things.

Something is awry.
edit on 14-3-2011 by CordDragonzord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hm I think he is just being human, in all honesty, I strongly believe that despite what movies portray, people really do become more human during such devastation, and reach out to their fellow man, I think that is what is happening here, the events that occurred in Japan recently are beyond the level of heart break, and besides it's obvious Japan is in ruins, literally, and with the activity in the subduction zone, it's only a matter of time, sad that it takes great disasters to literally pull the human and compassionate side out but if that's what it takes then so be it, at least it's there. My heart is with Japan in these times, and God Bless Russia.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

OMG, was just looking at your info.
You just joined 7 days ago and have
almost 700 posts. That's an avg of
about 100 a day. That is one hardcore
ATS'er right there

I'd be lucky to get 100 posts in
a month, lol

welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
"Russia will even benefit if such hard working people join us", that's a really odd way of putting things.

Something is awry.

I was thinking the same thing.
The way he said it feels like a power grab, "lets get those hard working people over here while we can"

Problem is if Japan's hard part is over, they will rebuild and the emigration will be a waste of time and money. Though if some more SHTF stuff happens or the entire fault-line goes awol, then the guy who said that will be pointing his finger in our face saying "told ya so, idiots!"
This scenario just sucks outright. I really hope that there's sincerity behind what he said, but I won't claim that there is nor isn't. Logically it would seem like a burden since they'd have to send out tons of ships/food/money...etc, just to secure a transition. Who knows what problems would come with that. I wonder if this was even thought out?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

I think that's actually a really blunt way to put it if you ask me, a person hiding something would say well, your going to have to pull your own weight around here but your welcome to come, no, it would be more like, eh say America? saying: Come live the American dream, have all you desire, in reality though, your probably better off staying in your own country, why be poor in a strange place when you can be poor in your own place? I think what Russia is asking is quite fair, they say like any normal person would say if they were to offer shelter to someone, you can come live in my house but you have to pull your own weight around here, seems fair enough, not everything is a conspiracy

edit on 3/14/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: typo

link   
I don't see it as sinister. As to him knowing something? Well, I think it is becoming more widely known that many scientist feel there is a mounting risk of another great quake. If that were to happen, coupled with the melt-downs...he could very well be right.

link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord

Something is awry.

thank you for noticing.
It's almost as if he is wanting
all these migrating Japanese
to become Russian citizens
and contribute to the GDP
of Russia. Will they have
a choice of returning to Japan
if they leave during this emergency??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim

Hm I think he is just being human, in all honesty, I strongly believe that despite what movies portray, people really do become more human during such devastation, and reach out to their fellow man, I think that is what is happening here, the events that occurred in Japan recently are beyond the level of heart break, and besides it's obvious Japan is in ruins, literally, and with the activity in the subduction zone, it's only a matter of time, sad that it takes great disasters to literally pull the human and compassionate side out but if that's what it takes then so be it, at least it's there. My heart is with Japan in these times, and God Bless Russia.

Wouldn't jump the gun here, I'm sure that once they, if they, go there, Russia might keep them there indefinitely.

Not to mention, force them to work.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Something was probably lost in translation, about the "hard working people" part, because that sounds like they would be day laborers.

However, he is so off the mark about they should leave the islands. It's stupid and insulting to the Japanese. Should the Californian's move? Should the New Zealanders leave their island?

The Japanese are a very proud people, and they will never leave Japan. Ever.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
He forgot to mention the part where it's not free.

Russia is like everywhere else, you have to purchase property or rent it.

And I seriously doubt the Japanese will flee their homeland of thousands of years over a quake.
Not gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

In late February Zhirinovsky invited Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi to move to Moscow.
In his address to Gaddafi, he said: "I invite you to make Moscow your place of permanent residence."

Russia's gonna have a full house if this dude keeps it up

who's next?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The politician said he was serious since "the Japanese nation is under the threat of extinction in the near future."

I find that quote highly interesting. How near is the extinction of the Japanese island? What does he know that isn't be told to the citizenry?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
also, another note to add.
Japan has US Weapon technology.
And just what would happen to that
technology if the Japanese were to join
Russian Military Forces?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I hope they do, not to sound heartless or anything but the US is already overpopulated.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Russia's gonna have a full house if this dude keeps it up

who's next?

Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan
lmao

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

So isreal's his next invite huh?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong but I believe this is would fullfill a part of Nostradamas End Times predictions...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

I find that quote highly interesting. How near is the extinction of the Japanese island? What does he know that isn't be told to the citizenry?

that was one of my points
in the OP. And I wished I knew
the answer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join