It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRC Sees no Radiation at Harmful Levels Reaching U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

NRC SEES NO RADIATION AT HARMFUL LEVELS REACHING U.S.

www.nrc.gov

In response to nuclear emergencies, the NRC works with other U.S. agencies to monitor radioactive releases and predict their path. All the available information indicates weather conditions have taken the small releases from the Fukushima reactors out to sea away from the population. Given the thousands of miles between the two countries, Hawaii, Alaska, the U.S. Territories and the U.S. West Coast are not expected to experience any harmful levels of radioactivity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: took out all caps in title

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd really like to see some radiation specifics and numbers before I trust these guys, but nice to see an official U.S. government press release giving the all clear... I guess.

The release also states Americans are helping on location in Japan. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has stated it will not be giving hour-by-hour updates.

As a side note, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has been closed all weekend! But I imagine they'll have more information in a few days.

www.nrc.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Awesome, we don't have anything to worry about!

*Going about my day lalalalalaalalalala*

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
read it again

"not expected to experience harmful levels"

which means...are expected to experience some levels...

(and or course "they" are going to say that)

i surely hope they are being forthright
edit on 14-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
read it again

"not expected to experience harmful levels"

which means...are expected to experience some levels...

(and or course "they" are going to say that)

i surely hope they are being forthright
edit on 14-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

I agree... this isn't a huge comfort for me, specially living in California. We'll see how it goes, I'm really hoping to find some real-time radiation readings.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The NRC should be preparing to take care of our American west coast nuclear power plants if the big one decides to happen out there. Instead of possibly lying to us about the situation with Japanese reactors.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The DOD just sent a US naval ship over to help Japan. Send them right into a cloud of radiation from the damaged nuke plant. This is on top of Obama calling Americans to swim in corexit and oil in the Gulf during that disaster.

It is clear that the US government could care less about American human life. We should seek experts outside to US and Japanese governments and outside it's funding (control) to know the truth about how the nuclear plant meltdowns will effect the American people on the West coast.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

sadly I agree. Money first, people last.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was initially surprised this thread only has 2 flags... then I thought, ya know - this is a positive thing!! We here at ATS know better than to trust this guys!
it's a non-issue what the NRC says.

Anyone been watching CNN? like a literal propoganda machine. Worse than ever.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Hey TK, I've been watching CNN pretty consistently since the earthquake, mostly because we don't really have much of an alternative on our cable system other than BBC. I agree with you, the coverage and reporting just seems so 'controlled' for lack of a better term. I keep expecting to see more urgency around everything that is going on in Japan but they really don't seem to be overly excited about it. I've got a bad feeling that we are not being told everything that is going on and it's not because they don't have the information. No real facts to back this up, it's just the sense I get of the situation. I've stopped watching TV news for the most part and am trying to stay updated via the net. We're in Vancouver BC, presumably in the path of whatever toxic mess that might get caught up in the jetstream so we're obviously staying pretty close to this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
yeah i dont htink we will receive harmfull levels, but at least some of it may reach CA oregon and maybe a bit further inland. its spread out over a few thousand miles. but nonetheless, the radiaiton is gunna be with this planet, air atmosphere, and where it settels for quite some time. i wouldnt buy anything made in japan anymore! no offense, but since its where this is all happeneing, its too risky ya know? buying something made in japan alter on, and fidning out its been irradiated*

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Did they say what class of ship it was that was being sent? If they're sending a destroyer to monitor radiation levels the crew will be completely safe. You enter Alreigh Burke class destroyers via airlocks and the water wash down system will wash any contaminates right off the ship, the JMSDF Kongo class ships should be the same way.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

not sure this is the same ship, but according to MSNBC this ship is there now:

USS Ronald Reagan

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

A carrier is an outstanding rescue platform but the way wrong platform to sample air. The Arliegh Burkes would be the way to go. The ships are pressurized using the constant pressure system, I couldn't find any links for these systems so I'll have to go off the top of my head. They have great decon facilities aboard the water wash down systems wouldn't let anything radioactive stick to the ship, the CPS system wouldn't let any contaminated air in. They are VERY comfortable ships to live and work on. They also have excellent CBR detection gear on board as well.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

It was reported that troops were contaminated.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

thought you should know there is a program called earthquake 3d u should look at ,perhaps will give u a heads up on whats happening there. carpenter44

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Cool post, dude. I know that most people won't take the time to see this hour long video, but I will post it just the same. It has some independent scientists talking about what is really going on in Fukushima right now.. Whether you agree that it relates to radiation wars may not matter so much in this case, but the fact that all 6 reactors are melting down and it will take at least 9 months to contain them should alarm people, I would hope. Also, the contamination of the sea and earth and stuff, it makes me really sick. I live on a boat and I am really close to the ocean wild-life. I am really freaked out about what is happening. Why is everyone so passive over there in the United States? We all talk about this alot where I am, off the Isle of Man. IEngland too. But we here that the media over there is not hardly even mentioning it. What's up with that? You can find the whole video for free here.

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

top topics

join