It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mothman Comes Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I received the following email from a woman in Ohio who has concerns in reference to a sighting her and a girlfriend had six months ago. She stated that she substituted their names for anonymity. 'Megan' affirms that all other details...location, date and description of the incident are factual.

The Mothman Comes Home

Our rooms were on the second floor in the back section of the hotel and both looked out onto a small parking lot and a large field beyond that. She could see, what she described as, a ‘bald ugly man with wings’ who was looking directly at her with 'large bulging eyes that lit up bright red.' It was there for only a few seconds. It then spread it’s wings while running at the same time towards the end of the parking lot and lifted off the ground like a bird.

edit on 3/14/2011 by Medieval1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

Wasn't there a case where a man and his dog went out walking and encountered the Mothman and the guy ran back home and the dog stayed for whatever reason and got eaten or taken away?

Also, crop circles were involved....

Bizarre.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

sure it wasn't wasn't Harvey bird man on crack?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Well this is interesting being we just had a HUGE earthquake and the last time that guy showed up that one bridge collapsed (sorry forgot the name lol) and killed many people. Hm, how interesting, thank you for sharing, does anyone know how long after the first appearance and sightings did the bridge collapse?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

OK so a month after sightings the bridge collapsed, I would think 6 months is way to long to tie it in to the JP quake, but it was fun to speculate

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The mothman was originally spotted around Point Pleasant, West Virginia prior to a bridge collapse during a traffic jam (no earthquake in this case).

There are also stories of it showing up around Chernobyl but these are a little less substantiated...

If it were showing up in the US, keeping with past accounts, that would have to be an indication of something coming in the vicinity of where it was sighted. Ideally what happened in Japan seems like a textbook type issue where a sighting there would fit, but I haven't found any claims of sightings in relation to Japan yet...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh boy Mothman is back, it was stated that after the 1963 (right year?) bridge collapse he never showed back up. So the people in Point Pleasant came to think of him as a harbinger of death, or an angel that warned about impending doom. It would be interesting to have someone go back up to the weapons depository to see if he is still there. All in all from what I've read this is the first sighting since the bridge collapse.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That's so congruent with all the sightings of the Mothman, almost too stereotypically congruent. Sounds to me like someone took snippets of eyewitness reports and mashed them together.

Highly doubtful.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Dnevnoi is right, before anyone jumps to conclusions it would be good to see some more reports of sightings in Point Pleasant. But if this report is true, it would line up with John Keel's assessment of this phenomena. He pointed out that the sightings of Mothman tend to be cyclic, and either occur around the same locations, or have links to the same families. Perhaps Mothman may be a harbinger of things to come, or perhaps as Keel pointed out in his book, somethings really messing with us and getting ready to put on a show. I know this is somewhat not in keeping with the forum, but if anyone's read Keel's book on the last sightings of Mothman they'll remember that the sightings of Mothman are usually accompanied by sightings of other things, and some interesting visitors around the area. I will be looking forward to seeing how this pans out, be it total fiction, or the start of something more in Point Pleasant.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is no Mothman.

If there were a Mothman, people in Point Pleasant would probably do more than just laugh at you when asking about the Mothman.

The locals consider it a joke, one guy runs a museum dedicated to the Mothman because his music stores teetered and crumbled after the invention of MP3s and this is how he gets by now...tourists.

Stop dragging this poor myth out of the woodwork whenever and wherever - it's a Point Pleasant thing, it's not real, if you want to see something scary go find another mythical creature.

Also, it was a sand crane - there are multiple ponds in the area where the Mothman was originally spotted, and you can still go out there and find them at various points throughout the year, including the same location (yes, the very same location the youths from the original story were sitting around, drinking and doing teenager things) where it was first spotted.

There is no Mothman.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ive always wondered if perhaps the Mothman is Extraterrestrial in origin. Or maybe its Angelic.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I dont get it..why would something that scares the hell out of people be warning against bad things about to happen? you would think a fairy would do it or leprechaun lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I do know a whole lot about the mothman man...but hasn't it been twenty years since he was last seen? I think I might read into this some more....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by CordDragonzord

sure it wasn't wasn't Harvey bird man on crack?

Did you get that thing I sent ya ?
Seriously though, the movie that was made several years ago about the Mothman and all the things that happened during the sightings was pretty interesting. You don't hear about it these days, did the sightings stop?
edit on 24-5-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thanks for shareing this,..I always felt Mothman was a demon something to stay clear of doesn't surprise me he is back with all the weather disturbances were haveing all over the USA..But on the other hand in the back of my mind Mothman is a mythical creature that got dreamed up around the campfire one night
S&F

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

isn't the mothman usually sighted preceeding some 'event'? like i've heard claims about seeing him before 911, things like that, i don't know just mentioning what i've read before, maybe it's real maybe it's a psyops to warn us, whatever i don't follow the mothman thing

This is the reason I am writing to you. We were near Point Pleasant, WV when we had this encounter.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

i am amazed that between the hatian earth quake, the chiaen earthquake, and the fukisima nuclear crisis that the mothmans been pretty much laying low, maybe hes tired of people not listening to him

top topics

join