It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I completely agree! Between that and our disastrous foreign policy it's NO WONDER that we're pretty unpopular throughout most of the world. Luckily many of the natives of other countries are (unlike many of us) smart enough to realize that the actions of our Federal Gov't are rarely actually endorsed by the people here. Thanks for being so understanding of our ignorance and many other deficiencies.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Imho this is the worst thread ever on ATS.

Has life just become a commodity for those who want to grow richer.

Nationalism comes to my mind, we have to let the US, UK even, grow in material weatlth at the expense of other human beings.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The whole premise of this thread is extremely flawed.
Any US corporation, seeing an opportunity to jump in and try to take up the industrial slack left by the situation in Japan, will most likely do so by offshoring production to Korea, China or India to take advantage of the cheap labour.
Same as a lot of US manufacturing has already been sent offshore.
Then there is the type of manufacturing. You don't just set up heavy engineering or precision manufacturing overnight, it takes time and money to build the plants, staff them and begin production to get the goods to market.

Crazy talk!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Has life just become a commodity for those who want to grow richer.

It has been that way to bankers and industrialists for decades. The get rich quick crowd care nothing for the working people, we are simply disposable assets.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
what the us should do is nuke the hell out of japan, flatten it, reshape the landscape and let the japanese rebuild it all again, better, smaller and much more user friendly.

but this is a funny thread, to the OP:

it's nice you have that go getter mentality, you think exactly like the people who are robbing and exploring you now as we speak.

never let a good crisis go to waste

HELL YEAH

Admittedly, I had to think twice if the obvious sarcasm is indeed such, but after convincing myself that this post is intended to be pure sarcasm it simply made my day. Great post lol.

Just in opposite to the Thread topic, which, in my opinion is the most ridiculous thing I've read in at least two hours. And I've been reading ATS ^^

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

I totaly agree with you. But unfortunatly morals are not on the list of priorities when it come to big corporations, no matter what country they are in. Their pockets is what matters to them. If it means stealing from a crippled country then that is what they will do....diplomaticly.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Don't think for a moment that the Japanese have not taken advantage of other nations and "situations".

Yama#a's gold

Can you believe that ATS will not allow me to spell this Japanese General's name? I would not be surprised if this stolen gold story has been explored in many threads here on ATS.
Here are some related links:

Eyewitness Reveals Truth of Fabulous WWII Hidden Treasure

In the closing months of World War II, in the Philippines, several of Japan's highest ranking imperial princes hid tons of looted gold bullion and other stolen treasure in caves and tunnels, to recover later. This was the wealth of 12 Asian countries, accumulated over thousands of years.

Japanese War Loot Sought

As dozens of Filipino reporters crowded around, firing questions, the 47-year-old San Francisco author and academic casually adjusted his white Panama hat, shifted his bronze-hilted hunting knife and explained just how convinced he and his Nevada-based company are that they are digging in the right place for buried treasure that could help retire the Philippines' $29-billion foreign debt.

Golden Lily investigation

Despite the historical sins of the Japanese royalty and military, this is not the time to take advantage of the Japanese people. What I do imply by the above story is that the Japanese elites do have the wealth to repair their nation if they wanted to. I think they still have an abundance of stolen wealth either stashed or invested outside of Japan. We're talking billions at one time and likely trillions today.

If the royalty were to step up I think the Japanese could heal themselves without much foreign aid. That's a dream you see, if the elites were to bail out Japan the origin of the massive wealth would be questioned. And so having been the recipient of US rebuilding after WWII (including being forgiven war reparations) Japan will continue to take and take, despite what it does to their national debt. You see the elites and the emperor do not accrue "national debt". It's the same for elites and royalty the world over.

The people we see on the newscasts are victims in every sense of the word. The Japanese people deserve our help and care. Those that own them do not but there is no way to practically separate the two.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Hemisphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Ok so do you think that since this world problem happend the U.S will provide everything that the Japs are asking for to kinda even out our debt,just think about it,it seem like we are building our ecom in the wrong way,but if you think that the japs are going to bounce back I dont think so.. look at whats going on over there,there ecom took a big hit,there land and standing structures are being drag in the sea,do I need to include the nuke problem and radioactive problem,seem to me like besides all odds the U.S finds a way to profit out of this..(well we will help you buuuuuttttt......we need something from you),some people are posting half ass post without a thought and a live heart,forget about the Win n think about the Lost........you do know who contains the H.A.R.P if you dont know of it look it up n see what it can do

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Answer to your question= NONE of the industry that you wish can be brought back to US that were in Japan. The reason will be lack of quality workers in the US who can produce the same product as the Japanese workers and engineers build.

All this starts at the top level (the management). With a leader like you who would like to capitalize at any cost, the middle management and workers will inherit the same attitude as the greeedy one at the top. Even Gordon Gecko will not go for this deal.

I hope the above helps you with your research paper or whatever that it is that you're working on in High School or College.

On the contrary, i do believe in Robert Duval's dialogue from the movie 'colors' where he recommends Sean Penn to take it easy....go down to the valley slowly and do them all instead of doing one of the cows
In other words, patience my friend. Business has its place and time and now is not the time. With patience and good ethics and moral, you can reap even more profits from the same business.

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Great back up dude,,1 for the Americans

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

In my short 37 years of life, I've watch the US give up it's position in the world economy deliberately. It was never taken from us.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm all for bringing jobs to the US, but to do so on the backs of the dead and displaced is unseemly at best and ghoulish at worst.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
# me, this is one cynical thread...

Do we want a nation that could be so ruthless running the world?

Isn't this the kind of thinking that ATS riles against in the like of the Rothschilds?

Dear, oh dear

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Although people seem to have their "feelings" hurt by your post. This thought has already crossed my mind and if you people who cry this is "too soon" or "we don't need to be thinking about the economy right now", I'd like to ask you a question, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MINDS?!?!? Have you forgotten this planets motto is "survival of the fittest"?? And to answer the OP's question YES america will make some money off of this, I mean since when doesn't the USA capatalize off of another countries short comings?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
WOOOO people's live got ruined Wooooo FTW!!!

bleeding vulture!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry OP the Chinese already have it sewed up and the American people refuse to throw off the shackles of government regulation taxation and corruption.
edit on 14-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

Haven't you heard yet, everything is made in china or Indonesia, were the work comes cheaper and with more profits, so really what is there to take advantage of, I mean Japan is not the middle east, there is no great quantities of oil or other resources. You did not lose your industries because the factories were gone, the factories were abandoned because your industries moved on to greener pastures, ie more profitable countries. Entrepreneur= Entrap a newer..... Get edumacated dude, or better yet use your head a little, and you would see that your generations in the past.

edit on 14-3-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: spelled educated right, when I wanted to spell it wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Although people seem to have their "feelings" hurt by your post. This thought has already crossed my mind and if you people who cry this is "too soon" or "we don't need to be thinking about the economy right now", I'd like to ask you a question, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MINDS?!?!? Have you forgotten this planets motto is "survival of the fittest"?? And to answer the OP's question YES america will make some money off of this, I mean since when doesn't the USA capatalize off of another countries short comings?
I agree and do not deny that there is an opportunity in pretty much anything and everything that humans are affiliated with. However not everday is same. Someday, we will be on the opposite end of the situation. A good businessman/woman will do some long term thinking, Invest in Japan and perhaps come up with a win-win sitaution for both sides and still profit. I'm sure there are folks out there thinking this up already but now wouldn't be a good time even to put this up as a thread when many of us attempting to assess the situation as it may affect the US as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

hahahaha...that was a good one. I liked your analogy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidNova

No......more like "STEEL" jobs! The U.S. should see at least some gain in the steel industry as Japan rebuilds there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join