It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
... to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?

What are you talking about when you mention the "open global economy"? Do you mean this for a handfull of elitists regulated criminal Empire that brings death and suffering to the world and untold riches to a criminal few? You wanna have it for the USA? For a monthly paycheck? I#d rather see this Empire crumble so we might have a chance to build another one in which humans can thrive instead of die and suffer. Go, and have your "open global economy". Its all yours...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidNova

Their economy is projected to explode and the huge job market plus potential to upgrade the nation makes it very likely Japan will be a world leader in technology and economics in 15 years or so.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seriously...did Charlie Sheen author this OP?

Now is a time for ..."Winning!!!!" Get out of here. Now is a time to help and prepare.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

Well apparently this guy wasnt to far off on what he stated..

Look here.

Link

If the Japanese automakers' supply of some of its vehicles is impacted for a few months, it could boost market share for U.S. automakers in the short term. No car industry executive wants to talk about who benefits from a disaster, but it is likely that GM, Ford, Chrysler and Hyundai could pick up business if Japanese cars aren't available when consumers are ready to buy.

Just an example of what he was right on...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I wonder if the OP realises that Japan is not a province of China...
Not every toy you turn over has "made in Japan" printed onto it.
Their incredible (yet smaller than USA) wealth is a result of solid engineering, planning, critical thought and honour based business values.

Their largest exports are automobiles and electronics, with 7 of the top 10 automobile companies
based in Japan.

So what do you suggest the US government does to "get ahead" and kick Japan while its down?
Do you suppose than GM will do better, as people will assume Japanese cars are all water damaged?
#edit# the alternative to Japanese cars, in my mind, are German cars.

However, despite your ill intent, what the banking cartels and bilderbergs will do is buy up as much of the
now lower_valued shares and use them for their own profit...

o wai- they already own everything..

edit on 14/3/2011 by stygmartyrZA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hey Slying Faucers - seeing as you see yourself as a budding entrapenuer I've got a business plan for you.

Buy up all of the available stock of potassium tablets, and seeing as you are so charitable why dont you GIVE them away to everyone who might be under the radiation cloud that could be heading your way. You might be richer for it....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Bravo OP in showing the exact reason why human's as a species are doomed if we continue in our current level of thinking. If all you can take after this disaster is how to "win" then I do not know what to say. Hopefully we as a society and species see what's important here and it's not material or economical gain at another's expense .

edit on 14-3-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

I'll flag and star, even though I find that whole concept ridiculous and is the reason ATS is full of crap these days. Remember when there were actually documents about things not what people thought about another type of people or some dream they had? Was good times....

Maybe he was being insensitive by saying "time to win". Step off your high horses people, people died and of course that sucks but doesn't make his statement any less true. He has a point. If there's a hole someone will fill it. That's just the way things are...
edit on 14-3-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?

Ok. I get it. So when America is pummeled once Yellowstone/New Madrid fault does their things... its a "moment" for the Chinese, Indians etc to "thrive and win"? Ok.... read you loud and clear!

I felt like throwing up upon clicking this thread. I sincerely hope you and your loved ones go through what the Japanese (of whom, I bet you know not a single one IN person) are going through right now.

Dont get me wrong .... nothing personal, this is just the first thing that went through my head when I read this.

Take care.
edit on 14-3-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Dude....too soon. I don't think "winning the world economy" should high on our list right now

And the bodies are washing ashore. Yes, too soon for me to think about how good life might get for others.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't think Japan being pummeled (even if they were), would make a difference for industries in the US.

Prominent products from Japan like cars, digital cameras, consumer electronics are a result of their product quality ethics.

Even if Japan doesn't exist in this world, the competing US companies in said fields can probably never ever reach the same product quality that companies in Japan are able to achieve.

Not to mention that the products are just lying around for US companies to copy, but even so they cannot pick up the quality and efficiency.

Look at Ford, Chevy, then look at Toyota Honda. I think Ford and Chevy and US companies should try to overcome themselves before they even bother to surpass others.

And i'm not talking about all industries. US's online companies (Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Twitter) are the champions of this world, and many things are too, but I just think what the Japan is good at, they are best at, and even so, the US is not 2nd place in those fields.

US is good at innovation. That's what they should be focusing on. I bet if they spent a bunch of effort and money on trying to overtake Japan on what Japan is good at, they'd end up spending a lot more money, and failing on it. Why not pour those money into online innovation and just be the king in that field.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AwesomeOverload because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

all i can say is im very glad your not a leader of a country.

you are the typical person most of us are dead set AGAINST being in charge...capitalising on the publics mis fortune

how about we concentrate on helping the japanese first

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That is some messed up **** to say. It is people like you who control this planet, i.e., looking for ways to profit off of mass destruction and death. You are who I hate OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I don't hate you. It is just a topic you came up with that is valid and discussable for the sake of discussing. I am just sensitive bro. I apologize. I wish there was a way to delete posts... it'd probably be my most used feature of ATS. LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just made a account to respond to this sickening thread. Japan is broken beat and scared, facing total destruction by the chance of a radioactive fallout and you are thinking about how to kick Japan in the face and take their economy. Imagine yourself in some serious #. Like being shot. How would you like it if someone kicked you in the face and took your money. Just take a look at this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And think again. Does that seem like a country to deserve to take away from all their jobs? Just the thought. I don't get it?! Sure, you've got to secure your own money and safety first. But there are other ways... I know this world is hard but this isn't playing hard or dirty. More than that it's just plain disrespectful, disgusting and beyond all basic humanity values.

And the U.S. is the last country that should do such a thing to Japan after nuking them. Twice. If I read what some of you people think, I'm not surprised there is a NWO group that wants to change the world. And upon reading this, I think it wouldn't be a bad thing for some people...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Ok. I get it. So when America is pummeled once Yellowstone/New Madrid fault does their things... its a "moment" for the Chinese, Indians etc to "thrive and win"? Ok.... read you loud and clear!

In case you haven't noticed china is already kicking our butts. Haven't you been watching the unemployment continue to climb here in the US? industry leaving the US?
The OP has a point, though it's a little soon to bring it up but yeah he has a point. You don't think other nations aren't going to grab a piece of the action away from Japan?
Check your history, after the US beat Japan in the war the US helped Japan rebuild their industry with (at the time) state of the art steel mills while neglecting ours making Japan the power house they are.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Dude I totally agree with ya,
This is the way countries have grown and improved themselves, you hit em when they are down. All these people that are whining about how we should take advantage of a situation because they have suffered so much are the same ones that will not survive the SHTF. It's the same thing, you better be ready to take advantage of every situation that comes along or someone else will.
I have no hatred for the Japs (except for the things some of em did to our GIs in WWII, I hope they burn for that) and I hope they rebuild strong and well but it's dog eat dog.
I look forward to seeing some of you after the SHTF, I will need provisions LMAO

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Way to have absolutely no empathy. This is one of the most ridiculous responses to a natural disaster that I have ever seen, and really says something about your character. Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well the government and big companies all over the world could also make it the powerhouse it was a few days ago. That helps the Japanese people but also (re)creates a big rich and powerful trading partner. Same what the US did straight after the war to Europe.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Honestly man, this is pathetic.

And NEVER discount the Japanese. Not only are they intelligent, they have very strong souls. They'll get through this.
True. Clearly evident in their posture. Everyone was so calm (including the children) in the video and helpful to each other. They have seen earthquakes, tsunamis and nuclear weapon detonated on their land. They will find a way through.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join