It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Dude....too soon. I don't think "winning the world economy" should high on our list right now

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Come on man, really? I fail to see how anyone can "benefit" from what happened there the other day.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The O.P. speaks the truth whether its moral or not. The U.S. isn't exactly known for being miss goodie two shoes. I bet they try to bank off of this after they help Japan to make it look like they are the good guys, then ease their way into trying to benefit off the situation.

+44 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
this is the exact kinda statement that makes me sick.

second line.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Honestly man, this is pathetic.

And NEVER discount the Japanese. Not only are they intelligent, they have very strong souls. They'll get through this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
maybe this is what charlie sheen ment when he said...

"duh, Winning"

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The American spirit lies in its ability to adapt. I know their are industries that have been greatly effected by this tragedy. Time to bring some jobs back home!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
The American spirit lies in its ability to adapt. I know their are industries that have been greatly effected by this tragedy. Time to bring some jobs back home.

you mean time to "steal" jobs

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is something Charlie Sheen would say.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidNova

If they have a product that only they can produce because they have the infrastructure in place. These arguments are now void and it is time to start thinking. Manufacturing plants can be built in less time in the US and we need to start doing it now, in the wake of tragedy.

I can send you a box of tissues via USPS but im sure i would need to send them internationally to you, joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

I'm far from crying about this man, I just think this is building our economy in the wrong way. Things like this make us scum as humans. IMO

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

i agree with the two posters under you... insensitive, to say the least

however, you're free to go ahead, research, & answer your OWN question... & satisfy, what appears to be, your "entrepeneurial", (mercenary) tendencies...

i would hope most people here have more respect for the japanese, than rubbing their hands in anticipation of what you suggest right now

sheesh

have a heart
edit on 14/3/11 by pattonisit because: mike patton

link   
Besides, and nobody take this the wrong way, but they bounced to the top after an atomic bomb was dropped on them, and I think they can recover from a tsunami.

link   
If we dont do it... SOMEONE ELSE WILL... welcome to the world. Clearly you dont understand the fact that industries are bult out of governemt laws and world disasters...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
If we dont do it... SOMEONE ELSE WILL... welcome to the world. Clearly you dont understand the fact that industries are bult out of governemt laws and world disasters...

And once again, you prove my point. No one else seems to have your.... views on this matter.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kimar

right on dude. i'm amazed at how quick and fluidly the japanese rescue crews moved to help their own people. I don't get how the OP can talk like this. if the people of Japan haven't lost enough... LETS TAKE THEIR JOBS

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kimar

I hope the Japanese do get through this and I know America will offer lots of help. I am not being insensitive, I am providing an answer to the poor US economy and debt and offering a solution to fixing it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lightdude

Do you think they would offer us the same courtesy? Absolutely not, we live in a polarized world, get to grips with reality and make a win for yourself. I get sick at how America sends money everywhere else in the world while our debt accumulates and the world scorns us.

F you japan and your efficient mfg plants and lack of respect for workers rights. Time to own up to your poor treatment of laborers and answer for yourselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
what the us should do is nuke the hell out of japan, flatten it, reshape the landscape and let the japanese rebuild it all again, better, smaller and much more user friendly.

but this is a funny thread, to the OP:

it's nice you have that go getter mentality, you think exactly like the people who are robbing and exploring you now as we speak.

never let a good crisis go to waste

HELL YEAH

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join