It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

importance of levity & humour in worrying times - time out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
my first thread here, hope this is allowed... bit of a cop out posting this kinda thing on a conspiracy site

but... over the past couple of days, i've seen some members posts relating how panicked, depressed, paranoid etc, they are at current world events...

i believe it's important to try to keep a check on some of our thoughts & feelings generated in these times... i think we can get really sucked in, & bogged down with it all, & can be kinda vulnerable to it cos we don't wanna bury our head in the sand... not everyone, but some, like i say, that i've noticed - enough anyway, to make me want to take the plunge & post this

so, i just wanna emphasize the obvious - take a bit of time out if it gets a bit too overwhelming - you're not copping out, just giving yourself a little respite in order to cope better, & recoup some vital energy you may have lost with the anxiety & shock of what's happening

obviously, hobbies are important, to take you out of yourself/the world for a while, therapeutically... i know some people who don't really have any :S

so yea, art, crafts, music, nature walks etc... anything that distracts your mind enough for a breather

i've mentioned in a couple of my posts to people, a thing called "thought-blocking" - the deliberate stopping of stressful/negative thoughts, with more pleasing, calming thoughts of your own choosing... a technique which works if you keep at it, & keep at it, whenever your thoughts stray back to the negative

your mind can only focus on one thing at a time, & better to try gain it's control with thoughts YOU want, than stressing the hell out of yourself for a - sometimes damaging - sustained period of time (too much adrenaline swimming around your system over a long period of time is unhealthy)

anyway, i was in the mood for some levity, & thought i'd chuck what i was in the mood for, over to here & share it with anyone interested - the fabulous john cleese in the equally fabulous, flowery twats

time out... giggle... i hope...

timeless classic, but i don't have a tv, so i haven't seen it for a some time

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

Thanks for that Star & Flag for you. I loved "Warty Towels".

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I agree man.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
thanks

just wanna add, i'm in no way undermining the importance of what's happening right now... it's truly horrifying

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

That is the funniest show I've ever seen.... or not seen. This is the first time I've watched that show and absolutely love it! Thank you so much for the needed (very needed) laughter! You ROCK!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ShelbyHunter

wow, i thought everyone would have seen FT before... i'm so pleased to have hooked you in!

you must see the whole lot of em... i promise you won't be disappointed

more great brit sitcoms i highly recommend are - father ted, absolutely fabulous, black's books, spaced, the young ones, bottom, the mighty boosh (weird but funny)... i'm sure there's more i can't think of right now...

thanks for dropping by

edit on 19-3-2011 by pattonisit because: mike patton

new topics

top topics

join