It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHANGE: As Japan Topples What is To Happen To The World and our Global Economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
After observing the horrific events over the past few days I cannot help but feel that it is the end for Japan. My heart goes out to all those people dead, all those people suffering and all those people scared.

It is evidently going to take a long time for Japan to get back on track and with a very possible impending worse earthquake, things could get a lot worse.

Surely these disasters will cripple the Japanese economy which theoretically (I'm no economist) means the toppling of our already very unstable world economy.

I feel that we have reached a tipping point both geologically and economically. A point which we have been heading towards for a very long time.

A lot of mad stuff has been happening in my life recently and everyone in my social group and the world seems pretty messed up. I really feel like there is a big change coming, not just because of what noble peoples have been saying for yonks but because of how I feel, the dreams I have been having recently and the events unfolding before our eyes.

I see change coming. Good or bad I don't know, most likely both.

As Japan Topples What is To Happen To The World and our Global Economy?

Once again my heart goes out to all those dead and suffering.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Our friends in Japan are enduring a hardship. They will be here tomorrow. They will rebuild. "Topples" may be a little huge. These things happen but the world keeps turning. A year from now most of the clean-up will be over.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I know people have been saying that the economic problems with the Japan disasters won't be far reaching...but I'm not willing to believe that yet. It will take billions to repair the damage, and with the nuclear plants failing, the Japanese government will have to spend more to provide power to the country. I think it will be a situation to keep an eye on to see just how far reaching the repercussions will be.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Bank of Japan has injected their economy with money as to ease the financial pressures as the country rebuilds, battles disaster and uncertainty. In the long run, you may see an increase in global prices, but it won't be anything worse than the gas price increases you are seeing from the unrest in the middle east. Japan will rebuild and they would come out stronger. In fact, if one is concerned with money, perhaps the investing in Japanese insurance and construction would be a wise idea. Just my two cents. I don't share similar views with ATS, so I'm probably not "credible".

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

I really do feel like this is going to have a butterfly effect on the global economy.
If this super moon on the 19th causes any more disasters on this kind of scale then I think we definitely have something to worry about economically, not just geologically.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
During times of great sadness we try to console one another. We rally round each other with soothing words and uplifting thoughts, in my social circles here in the US anyway. We do not care for the disruption of normal times.
So we give it the old chin up and accentuate the positive.

However friends these are no longer normal times. Choose which ever reasons as to why.

Some of us are facing insurmountable challenges RIGHT NOW. Many faced them yesterday and are dead.
We give them no honor if we just pick up and start over again.

When tribes migrated to the island they had no idea about tectonic plates or rising seas. We stayed and but up a civilization and kept on building and building. When we learned how dangerous living on that island could be, we built better but kept on building. And we built very dangerous power plants.

Now we know many more things about that location and that island. We know what has happened and what will happen again, maybe sooner maybe later.

The island needs to be evacuated if we want to save the lives of its people. If we stay there and build again the sorrow and pain will come to our children, maybe sooner maybe later.

Is evacuation a correct solution? There may not be one. There may be NO solutions. But what is not a solution is just cleaning up and starting over. It is denial.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
After observing the horrific events over the past few days I cannot help but feel that it is the end for Japan.

While I agree that Japan has an ongoing threat, I feel that it is far from the end for them - after all this is the country that had 2 nukes dropped on them leveling 2 of it's cities, killing 150,000 people and leaving massive contaminated area's - that was only 60 odd years ago - and yet they rose from the ashes to become the Japan we have known up until recently - a leader in technology, a large & stable economy (3rd largest in the world).

edit on 13-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Japanese shares are down 4.5% to where they were 3.5 months ago. That's not much of a drop. Many people are going to work as usual. If conditions don't get much worst I think the Japanese people will recover quickly.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Let's just hope that if anything happens it won't be too devastating. The world is struggling enough as it is. And most of all let's hope that Japan can be spared from anything else that could hurt their country and citizens right now. They need time to rebuild!

new topics

top topics

join