It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn the World Around. Inspiration/Spiritual Awakening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Just something neat I found. I was sort of letting my emotions lead me around the internet and it lead me to read about Jim Henson on wikipedia, which had a bit about Harry Belafonte's "Turn the World Around". The song was played debuted on the Muppet Show and played at Henson's funeral.

But anyway I thought it was neat because the song, and his explanation for it are parallel to a lot of speculations about a new spiritual age. I don't really want to be more specific or explain anything, but some of you who are interested in the subject will surely take some meaning from this even if its just knowing there's another person out there who has had the same thoughts come across their minds.

I really get chills when he says, that "All of us are here for a very, very short time. And in that time we're here, there really isn't any difference, between any of us...if we would just take time out to understand each other.
edit on 13-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because: copy edit

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ahhhh! Thanks for the memories! Harry always seems so innocently sincere, It must be the laid-back atmosphere of the Caribbean Islands in his blood. Jim Henson was a Genius! Perhaps they both had a "vision" we are unable to see!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Nice find!
This is a fine peace of art and a very inspirative video!
And if you - all who are searching for awakening - want to do more, then go out and do it! The time is now! There will be no saviour, that will do it for you!
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
If you like have a read into my thread series down in my signature...
(You cann follow the parts by clicking on the roman numbers...)

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Unlike animals we have the ability to explore the universe. Animals only know eat and sleep. We are universe way of admiring its own beauty. When we do harm we are simply wasting this great experience. Maybe we reincarnate maybe we don't. Become self realized and you escape the cycle of life and death. It is up to you to decide what to do with spiritual knowledge. But you must never forget that you are a natural being of love. There is good and evil but evil is like cheating through our original creation programming plan in order to to cheat in the physical world. We were created therefore it was not intended for us to understand our programming code, because we could outsmart the creator; but if you do and you alter your spiritual states in ways that strive away from your original spritual programming code then you have become more spiritually intelligent than the creator made you, and you can control the universe. This is real "evil". You are then considered to have mystical powers. But the creator will always conquer.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
Unlike animals we have the ability to explore the universe. Animals only know eat and sleep. We are universe way of admiring its own beauty. When we do harm we are simply wasting this great experience. Maybe we reincarnate maybe we don't. Become self realized and you escape the cycle of life and death. It is up to you to decide what to do with spiritual knowledge. But you must never forget that you are a natural being of love. There is good and evil but evil is like cheating through our original creation programming plan in order to to cheat in the physical world. We were created therefore it was not intended for us to understand our programming code, because we could outsmart the creator; but if you do and you alter your spiritual states in ways that strive away from your original spritual programming code then you have become more spiritually intelligent than the creator made you, and you can control the universe. This is real "evil". You are then considered to have mystical powers. But the creator will always conquer.

Did you just say out smart the creator?

Im sorry but i had to
about that...

Wonderful video, if only people would understand what he means...
edit on 2-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join