It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have a geiger counter, start taking readings (if you live on the west coast of US and Canada)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I can understand your cause for concern and monitoring of levels is not a bad idea but how will this empower you?

I'm not trying to undermine you in any way but if a radioactive cloud does come your way there isn't a lot you can do about.

It will leave a residue if it makes land that may stay there for years and years.

The best thing to do is stay calm. Monitor the situation if you like but the wind can carry the radioactive particles for thousands of miles. If it's going to come your way there's not really a lot you can do.

I hope it doesn't and I hope that you will all be safe, bless you.
edit on 13-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

The thing is as has been stated again and again, the reason why the incident of Chernobyl was spread so far was largely due to the graphite factor...the graphite absorbed the radioactive particles and carried them further....the water will NOT be able to spread this as far even on the winds, the particles will decay and dissipate

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
mayb the u.s should take afew of them geiger counters to iraq and afghanistan after all the depleted uranium they shot off in cities and civilian built up residential areas

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by walltofloor

HAHA that made me laugh

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
To the OP...

Don't worry you're going to be fine...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Snicker...

Reminder to new guys, the map on the link is a hoax...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I just added microseiverts to my live geiger feed. I tracked what appeared to be a couple plumes last week when background levels rose and dropped by about 100% over 12 hours. And I did notice readings in Arizona with the same spikes 12 hours after mine on repeated occasions. I'm no expert so will wait until I have a lot more data before making any interpretations or assumptions.

Does anyone know if there would be relationship between sunshine or moisture/fog and background levels? I originally thought my geiger was tracking with temperature but its broken out a few times and during those times we had a low, thick marine layer of fog present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join