It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Gaddafi is telling the truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Gaddafi, in a speech broadcast live on state television, blamed al-Qaeda for the uprising which has seen him lose control of most of Libya's east, including its main oil fields.

"Sleeper cells from al-Qaeda, its elements, infiltrated gradually ... They believe the world is theirs, they fight everywhere, the intelligence services know them by name," Gaddafi told the ceremony, which was to mark the anniversary of the launch of the People's Committees.

"Suddenly it started in (the eastern town of) Al-Baida... The sleeping cell was told to attack the battalion ... and it took arms from police stations," said Gaddafi.

"The soldiers went home and left their battalion" while the al-Qaeda cells "took the weapons and control of the town.

"The women fled ... bullets were everywhere. It was the same situation in Benghazi," he said of the main eastern city under the control of the rebel forces.

But he said "we will fight to the end, to the last man, the last woman ... with God's help."

news.theage.com.au...

I have not found the interview where I saw him claiming al-Qaeda were responsible and not him. He claimed when the world found out, they would be shocked.

He seemed very convincing and now I wonder 'what if al-Qaeda are trying to destabilize Libya so they will gain a better footing?'

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
found another news article but the video of him actually speaking is what would be good to show. If anyone can find it and post it, that would be great ...

TRIPOLI — Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Wednesday dismissed news accounts of protests in Libya, blamed unrest on al Qaeda, and said reports of deaths were exaggerated, suggesting only 150 people had died.

Foreign estimates suggest 2,000 may have died.

"There were no protests at all in the east," he said in a speech.

"Al Qaeda's cells attacked security forces and took over their weapons," he said, adding: "How did that all begin? Small, sleeper al Qaeda cells."

"News reached the world from stations and agencies that did not have correspondents in Libya," he said.

During his speech one woman interrupted and shouted: "How can you go? You will not go and you will never leave! You are all that is good!... You are a sword that does not bend!"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well if you swap the word al quaeda for cia creation then yes I think hes telling the truth .
You know before all this happened I researched him a bit and was shocked by the good things I read that he had done for his country .

Tiime will tell I guess but all I know is that there is such a thing as fabled enemies .

Peace .
S&F .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
Well if you swap the word al quaeda for cia creation then yes I think hes telling the truth .
You know before all this happened I researched him a bit and was shocked by the good things I read that he had done for his country .

Tiime will tell I guess but all I know is that there is such a thing as fabled enemies .

Peace .
S&F .

And if you say CIA=Al Qaeda, then you would be correct.

First; they "force" the US into Afghanistan, and now into Libya.

These "coincidences" are so ridiculous. I feel like I'm living in a Season of 24.

The US Gov is disgusting, noble, but disgusting.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm sure Osama Bin Laden has used guns for hire, maybe the U.S is using him to monopolize on the worlds oil fields.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

The video of him responding to the situation was convincing and it has been niggling at me ever since. Does Libya have any mineral wealth? What do the US and Nato have to gain from this?

Is this another Iraq?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In agreement with pretty much every asnswer here AlQuaeda is the reason, Al is CIA btw.
I have read good things of ghaddafi (however it is spelled) but, the Western news makes him out to be evil.
I do know western news is full of lies so i really dunno the man and never met him so...
He may be telling the truth, who really knows?
Either way, he will be captured by some coalition and tried for something and will be found guilty and killed off.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Is this another Iraq?

History tells us it it probably is bro .
After the Middle East will it be Latin America then us ?

We are living in dire times gentleman , the nwo is approaching .
Lets hope we can all wake up soon and put a stop to this ?
How many more countries must be invaded before we see a pattern ?

Stay strong guys !

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
S & F!

I believe that he is telling the truth.

I made that assumption a few weeks back pertaining the exact thoughts of the OP.

For all we know, he might be telling the truth. This entire situation smells like fish to me. I reserved comments until now. Ron Paul mentioned that the CIA are in every country in the middle east stirring up a hornets nest causing uprisings and overthrowing governments. We know that the Zionists run our MSM and give very biased news that usually follow an agenda. All these revolutionary movements occurred not very long after Clinton had that massive meeting involving every ambassadors. Al-Qaeda I've always believed were a CIA front in the Muslim world spreading fundamentalist propaganda to further the Zionists agendas. I would rather let the ME deal with this problem because we the people in the West don't know WT* is really going on.

From this thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is really hard to say with the media and communications blackout going on, but I am backing Gaddafi on this one. The west are too keen to take him out and there does not appear to be the majority support from the public to remove him. I would really like to see some satellite images of just how big the demonstrations where/are before making a final call. The calls for a no fly zone is an act of war. The reports of resistance does sound like there is some support for a regime change but there does appear to be a lot of foreign support in this conflict.

The one thing that changed my support in this issue was when the USA brought up the topic of WMD's as a reason for invasion in front of the security council. Libya does have a lot of oil and water. This is very much looking like a new Iraq. The issue of governance is one of Libya to sort out. If this can not be achieved through peaceful protests and work strikes then a more hard line dictatorship will take the reigns as force is used to solve the power structure.
edit on 14-3-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'work'

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
These people are not Al-Qaeda. Look at some pictures if you don't believe that these are protesters who just want a fair representative government. You can tell that they are against Qaddafi because they are waving the original Libyan flag.

The Original Libyan Flag. This flag was used by Libya before Qaddafi took power in a military coup d'etat in 1969. This is different from Qaddafi's flag, which is a solid green color.

More Photos of Protestors

Do not believe the lies of that murderer. It's is blasphemy that he uses God's name to justify his killing spree. How does it make sense that all the protesters had hallucinogenic drugs put in their morning tea? Drugs don't do that, this is a real revolution by the people, Al-Qaeda is not involved!

It makes me sick that everyone in this thread believes the propaganda of a horrible dictator!

Qaddafi is a LIAR!

But he said "we will fight to the end, to the last man, the last woman ... with God's help."

It is utterly disgusting how he is willing to senselessly throw away the lives of his own people for his own selfish purposes, while evoking the name of God. Absolutely appalling.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

hmmmm sounds like Bush, But he wouldn't be put on trial for war crimes because he wears a suit and calls himself American. Just leave the middle east to sort this out themselves, Gudaffi isnt a saint but hes seen his country through 40 years im sure he knows what hes doing,

EDIT: Didnt Bush also claim to be doing gods work?

Religion is disgusting in every shape and form.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Seabas1123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Seabas1123

Did you look at the pictures?
edit on 14-3-2011 by Albastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This isn't about comparing Qaddafi to Bush.

This thread was asking if Qaddafi is telling the truth.

CLEARLY HE IS LYING, END OF STORY

Go ahead and justify the murder of thousands in Libya going on right now by comparing Qaddafi to Bush.

Go ahead and try to minimize what is happening, but I won't let you spread your propaganda and LIE about the nature of these protests.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Yes i did see the pictures, But tbh i more likely to believe Qudaffi insted of the completely fabricated media reports ive been hearing this past week, The Western media and Western country's ARE intervening but we as the public need to stop them, The picture you posted showing Libyans holding a poster saying "no western intervention", How long until you see thoes same posters in Trafalgar square of Times square?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seabas1123

Yes i did see the pictures, But tbh i more likely to believe Qudaffi insted of the completely fabricated media reports ive been hearing this past week, The Western media and Western country's ARE intervening but we as the public need to stop them, The picture you posted showing Libyans holding a poster saying "no western intervention", How long until you see thoes same posters in Trafalgar square of Times square?

Those are LIBYAN PROTESTERS. That poster right there is living proof that the uprising in Libya isn't some oil conspiracy for the West.

That poster that you are referring to was put up during the first week of the uprising when the rebels didn't realize that the Libyan air force was going to be hitting them constantly with airstrikes.

The Arab League unanimously backs a no-fly-zone now at this time, but they do NOT want Western military intervention. All they want is to keep Qaddafi's planes out of the sky so they can continue the fight on the ground.

Video: Arab League Unanimously Backs No Fly Zone
www.youtube.com...

Please educate yourself

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Unbelievable, Why do you think i need to educate myself? I know exactly what im talking about we just have different opinions.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Libyan Protesters asking for a No-Fly-Zone

Peace be with you!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Seabas1123

Really that comment was intended for the other posters in the thread before you. Not trying to be insulting, it just makes me sad how ignorant people can be about what is actually going on when it is so easy to get the correct information.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Just curious, but how does a poster prove anything?
Who prints those posters and makes those old flags? Where does the funding to organize a massive protest come from? Who fired the first shots? You know the last conflict in Lybia we were involved in turned out to be a nasty little Mossad game and we bombed them over it.
www.google.com...
And just out of morbid curiosity, what do you think the US government would do to an armed uprising?
edit on 14-3-2011 by twitchy because: I had Holes in my Doughnuts

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join