It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sons of Guns... VERY educational....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I don't think they made the most reliable system for the remote gun turret. Those beta mags are very unreliable from what I have seen and not to mention that the M-4 or what ever you want to call could get gunked up pretty damn fast, also to add the beta mags only hold a 100 rounds and in a firefight or ambush who is going to get out and change a mag? I think they should have gon with the Ares Shrike, a belt fed conversion for the m-4.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Don't be put off by the disclaimers. Those are there for insurance reasons for them and the show just incase someone wants to get sue happy. I doubt that guy would give a dang if you hurt yourself trying to copy something on the show. Its more for the producers of the show. All apart of the legalese.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Makes a fellow want to set up a machine shop to put together fantastic weapons. I don't watch much of reality television....but Sons of Guns is exceptional.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
oh PALESE!!! their is nothing new on that show as far as weapons goes that hasent been done before , i have been reading about guns and weapons since 1973, they are simple pandering to their customers, after all that is where the money comes from,most of those employes look like they are still in their 20's,you really think they know anything?? you dont see them pulling out any reference books or manuals do you??and then what do you mostly see them using in the shop? a dremel tool or a angle grinder!!!! yes they have two lathes , both chinese and one is that junk lathe-mill combo crap., and they do have a bridgeport mill, but then they had ploblems with that one, any descent machin shop will always have 2 mills and they will be identical, for easy repairs and part swaping if need be.as a machinist whith 30+ years experience no i am not impressed with anything i see on that show, yes its entertaing and some times funny but not educational at all.their are far more better ways to learn about guns and weapons than that show.just pick up a copy of SAR (small arms review) plenty of info on the new stuff and old too.these guys are not on the cutting edge as far as the class 3 comunity is conserned, and the military is just out looking for new ideas, that is why they contact RJ.good show but not educational.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ugh, I watch the show but I hope you realize that 75% of the show is theatrics, I highly doubt that a PMC official would come to them and be impressed with a remote control M4 with a PS 1 controller, or a Naval commander for special "brown water" operations would have the approval to seek a contract for a "double M16" which they are using an outdated cooling system on top of using Beta C-mags which is idiotic.

Debunking:
PMC guy - 1 the setting was too lame, and the approach for it was :/ 2 there are already SUV's outfitted with all of the protection equipment they need (bulletproof everything along with a turret that rises from the rear and is remote control)

Naval Commander - 1 he wouldn't have the approval to contract something like this. 2 he's wearing some old school beat up vietnam looking "woodland camo" BDUs. 3 he has a Hitler 'stash. 4 "Double" M16s?
5 water cooled?
6 problem solved with a mounted M249/M240 Bravo/Golf which would have been readily avalible from the armory...

And for the season end they made a CHEAP remake of the Magpul FMG which is a remake of the Aires FMG...
Reliable? You're using a Cobray M11? Cobray+Reliable= (does not compute)

But all BS aside I like the show but just don't like the things above

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by madokie

you bring a good reason for threads like these...

I do not want to be rude but can I ask a favor...
I liked your post would you mind splitting up the paragraph or statements for an easy read for a lazy person...

I know a lot is out of date but I did enjoy it....

the post after yours you may want to read... covered the same idea in different detail

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Krimlin

none of them would be caught dead on film or allowed the creation to be filmed either...

You made a lot of good points....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm afraid that it's now been cancelled for some very disgusting reasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I watch sons of guns too, but sometimes that guy grates on my nerves, specially when he says something is patently what it isn't, such as the quad MG 42, actually three MG 3's, and 1 MG 53, just really spoilt it for a nitpicker like me!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The man made good money of the Discovery Channel. He'll need it for his lawyer. Have fun in prison.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join