It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

syfy WTF!!! you put THE CORE on ??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
is it just ironic after the biggest earthquake in japans history the syfy channel puts on the movie THE CORE .. witch deals with using electric impulses to cause earthquakes
edit on 13-3-2011 by standupamerica32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's because it stars Aaron Eckhart to coincide with the Battle LA release, from what I understand programing is scheduled weeks if not months ahead of time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i was JUST thinking the same thing, i'd be curious to see how long this was on the slate to air on this date. i must admit, i am watching though, mostly because i've never seen it before and there was a lot of talk on here on ATS about how the core is similar to the "pending pole shift" ... wonder how accurate some of these things really might be?

sounds like DESTINI = what folks think HAARP is.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies, and if you think that's bad comedy central is playing dieseater movie.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

shhh... I'm watching Homer with Cheech and Chong.

But yes, that is a little weird. I watched it a little awhile as a matter of fact. I still like that movie after all this time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Not ironic, smart. They probably recognize the correlation. They're just using the relevance to attract ratings. I bet.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's poor taste, and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Actually i was more offended that syfy changed their name to something "more hip".
Now they have a cooking show and the wrestling too.
SYFY channel is dying, i was sooooo hopeful to start, a channel devoted to sci fi things...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i think it was the 'retro' channel here that had 'the china syndrome' on last night.

it could not have been coincidence.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have it on too, as I peruse ATS. I put it on because I saw Aaron Eckhart was in it. I suspect others are as well. Saw Battle LA Fri. OK+ movie. The guy appears to be a good actor

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
and then after that is EARTH STORM a movie about the moon destroying earth .. again with the lunar perigee coming up and the popular theory that it causes massive earthquakes again ironic considering of the japan quake and lunar perigee window where in

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by standupamerica32
is it just ironic after the biggest earthquake in japans history the syfy channel puts on the movie THE CORE .. witch deals with using electric impulses to cause earthquakes

Who cares? Should we all put our lives on hold because of a disaster many miles away? It's a terrible tragedy and if I could help I certainly would, but damn, dont interrupt my TV time! /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Actually i was more offended that syfy changed their name to something "more hip".
Now they have a cooking show and the wrestling too.
SYFY channel is dying, i was sooooo hopeful to start, a channel devoted to sci fi things...

Sad thing is, they added those shows because Sci Fi/SyFy was losing ratings so they put on shows with guaranteed viewing figures.

Luckily over here SyFy is still dedicated to science fiction and bad B movies while cooking stays firmly on other channels (cooking related channels or not) and wrestling is either in the sports section or on Challenge (the former being WWE due to their deal with Sky, TNA being on Challenge when Sky bought and cancelled the Bravo channel on Jan 1st)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It was on a week ago, I stayed up and watched it (guilty pleasure as well even though I know the entire premise is BS) and from my experience once one channel starts showing a movies other will too. I don't think it is a conspiracy and that it probably is coinciding with the release of AE's new movie. Probably look out for Paycheck next, I wouldn't be surprised if that one ends up on air soon on 20 stations.

PS - Does Tom Hanks have a movie coming out? TBS is doing repeat showings of "The Terminal" right now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I don't think he does although couldn't be sure on that. The Terminal was an awesome movie though.

It's like over here though, they showed all the Indiana Jones movies to coincide with the latest one several years ago and one channel likes to repeat all 6 Star Wars movies in order over six saturdays for no reason other than to show some great movies.

Have to say though, having seen Battle: Los Angeles at the cinema yesterday morning, it was kinda crappy, nothing like what I expected. Then again, I didn't see Avatar until a year after it's release and I found that movie to be all levels of suck too so don't take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I noticed this too and kinda thought what the Heck. It reminded me of how The WB (now my Pittsburgh) affiliate showed the Simpsons episode where they Have to got NYC more specifically The World trade center after Barney leaves Homers car there, not even a week after 9/11 ( I think it was 3 or four days). Weird? yes. Messed up? yes. All in all though Chalk it up to Programing. Not conspiracy imho at at least.

That is all

P.S I liked the movie "I believe in Harvey Dent" er. um Aaron Eckhart I mean

edit on 13/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: afterthought

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ok, first of all.... How is it ironic?

Ironic how? Ironic that a completely unrelated tv network has put on a film that has little to do with an event in Japan?

I fail to see the irony and the point of this thread. No offence to the OP, but this thread is pointless.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I should probably sit down one of these days and actually watch The Terminal. I'm not a huge Catherine Zeta Jones fan (scandalous, I know) so my interest has never really been piqued on the movie but maybe when I have some free time...

I'm not surprised... after watching Skyline (Big mistake on my part) I've decided the only alien movie I want to watch now is Men in Black III.

HA! Paycheck is on Movietime at 8:30 Pacific.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There's nothing ironic about it at all. People are thinking about Earthquakes, so they'll watch that in terror. But as someone else said, it's about the actor.

It would be kind of ironic if they were showing The Core just before the Earthquake started. It would be Really ironic if they were showing it and pointing out how unlikely certain things that happened in it (I've never seen the movie) were, and then those very things happened.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

and then after that is EARTH STORM a movie about the moon destroying earth .. again with the lunar perigee coming up and the popular theory that it causes massive earthquakes again ironic considering of the japan quake and lunar perigee window where in

Yes, now only if we can get some unobtanium and build a ship to travel to the center of the Earth to fix everything to the moon doesn't hit us...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join