It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA won't return to the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Back in the early sixties a frustrated group of nudist hippies laid claim to the moon and established a nudist commune there well before the Apollo missions.

When our astronauts arrived and realized that they too would have to go nude, puritanical religious and cultural beliefs led them to that point of terror when they realized they literally couldn't hang!

They kept going from spot to spot hoping the naked hippies would leave them alone and they could get some genuine photo ops but each time there they were in the background naked and with signs demanding the war in Vietnan be stopped.

When they were denied service at all the moon bars and restaurants they got the hint.

Back at Houston and Cape Caneveral located deep within the Bible Belt NASA made every attempt to recruit nudist astronauts and oddly enough it was not the nudity that disuaded most, but without a uniform to stick all their patches, insignias and medals, they were afraid they would never be able to pick up chicks or convince anyone they were a astronaut.

Hence no mission to face down the nudist hippie commune on the moon has never been undertaken!

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

edit on 14/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I noticed people saying that no dis-info agents were used, but thats exactly what has happened.
Instead of asking "did we really go there?" as the government would like the question to be, how about asking "what did they really find up there?"
These people have done precisely what they have been trained to do, get the average Joe blow asking the wrong questions, that way they only have to answer that question, not the one there not prepared to answer.

I found this, there is a longer one but I cant seem to find it, its footage of the Armstrong Apollo mission, i believe its the real deal, sorry if its debunked but its the best one i can find, and I hope it works

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Vandervord because: link didnt work

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Lemme ask this question:

How many of YOU would have volunteered to go to the moon in that little rinky dink contraption, back in the 60's. I know I wouldn't!! Talk about claustaphobia!

Who of you would have participated if you knew that just ONE little screw up and you weren't coming back home, plus there wasn't anyone that could help you?

I think it would be hard to find volunteers for such a thing.

The only way we made it to the moon is if indeed, the military has tech that is 50 years ahead of ours.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelknives52
reply to post by pazcat

as long as it isn't a flop like Battle: Los Angeles. I was really hyped by the trailers waiting for an alien to interact with a marine in their auto tune voice we just want you to die. They really needed to cut out the marine corp. hooah commando bull shyt and include some gory scenes like a captured marine being examined on a probing table, perhaps grays behind the invasion plot with the bio mechanical drones or hell I would take the grays getting involved in fighting back the invaders. Perhaps the mech-aliens were a rival race and those saucers come into play.

I mean Battle: LA was a badly executed ID4 minus will smith and an actual story line. What was the point of even having the viral marketing there were sightings around the world for decades. It seemed like these aliens half assed it... decades worth of planning for water failed by a earth based drone command module being destroyed by a normal missile.

Really if the aliens were smart and if they just wanted water they could have done some of the following suggestions.

A) Launch water collectors in the bottom of ocean trenchs and suck up the water to their hearts content.

B) Establish a forward moon base and place orbital command satellites. If they did their homework they would know that our race is in the infancy of space travel etc. When the SGT. asked his grunt where he would place a important command module so that it would be safe... the grunt said under ground and I screamed no!!!!!! in space where the humans can easily kill it with a laser guided missile for christ sake.

C) Orbital bombardment... why send in infantry when you can zap major population centers from space. Occupation seemed a little bit silly because the only needed to stay on the planet until they collected all of the water they needed. Hell all they would have to do is bow up major oil supply lines and cut off the vital blood need to pilot our military and economy.

D) Eco-Friendly genocide - Why send infantry to an alien planet... too messy. Don't want to nuke a planet and ruin the precious water? Well why not create several seismic events across the planet to create massive tidal waves, earth quakes, and what not to cleanse the landscape of pesky humans. Then for shyts and giggles send the drones and grunts down for a human hunt.

Logistically the aliens in this movies plans were space cow shyt and pretty dumb. I guess they just felt like engaging the less advance species man to man for a resource gathering.

Many have stated perhaps earth was one front on an intergalactic war? well it would have been nice if this was the case in the movie and a UFO battle took place over los angeles humans vs. bio-roids vs. whatever else. If the human leadership was approached by a third party species that wanted to help us fight them then yes this would be acceptable.

NO i didn't want to see the same movie marine characters that fight honorably for their country... I went to see the imagined alien species and their agenda etc. The aliens barely got any screen time and they always clustered together. I kept screaming in my head NOOB TUBE THEM YOU RETARDS (video game talk for fire grenade launchers at them but the marines just kept dying.

This movie was a waste of money but let me stop ranting. I bet if we started a thread about writing a screen play for a perfect genre defining UFO/alien invasion movie on ATS it would be gold and we would win many rewards. It seems like the director googled some aspects of UFO lore etc, rented ID4, black hawkdown, and terminator on netflix and then said hey I got an great idea for a movie. We can cash in on nerds going to see it because of the cool ass trailer. Seriously why no auto-tuned alien voice or transmission in the flick. Even scenes from the aliens perspective with subtitles could have replaced the BS overly dramatic scenes. I don't even remember the names of the characters.

Hopefully this movie APOLLO 18 gets an r rating... the aliens/virus are cool... it seems like they are going to set it up like cloverfield. Should be neat. This won't be genre defining but hopefully it will play out better as an DEAD SPACE type horror film... It seems like it is going to have elements like the movie SPHERE.

Great little review dude. Saw it last night. SO CHEESY! Didn't really get into any of the Alien's agenda apart from a two second clip of CNN or something highlighting the fact they wanted water. I couldn't be bothered to write a review anywhere as it sucked that much.

Anyone notice the realllly heavy product placement in the film as well? Shell, Dominos, Pepsi, TK Maxx etc...

boring!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

What you've just said about nothing getting through the Van Allen Belt alive, now has me wondering if the Belt has kept other species from visiting Earth. Then again perhaps advanced races take shorcuts by bending space and bypassing the Van Allen Belt altogether. hmm!... Food for thought, thankyou!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Dr. Phil Valentine will tell you why..It's because NOTHING can get through the Van Allen Belt alive..WE have never been out of the 7 layers of this earths atmosphere.

Don't feel bad, I fell for the Van Allen belt lie myself, until I did something most posters here don't, I researched it:

Van_Allen_radiation_belt

Missions beyond low earth orbit leave the protection of the geomagnetic field, and transit the Van Allen belts. Thus they may need to be shielded against exposure to cosmic rays, Van Allen radiation, or solar flares. The region between two to four earth radii lies between the two radiation belts and is sometimes referred to as the "safe zone".

www.xmission.com...

Myth:The Van Allen belts are full of deadly radiation, and anyone passing through them would be fried.

Needless to say this is a very simplistic statement. Yes, there is deadly radiation in the Van Allen belts, but the nature of that radiation was known to the Apollo engineers and they were able to make suitable preparations. The principle danger of the Van Allen belts is high-energy protons, which are not that difficult to shield against. And the Apollo navigators plotted a course through the thinnest parts of the belts and arranged for the spacecraft to pass through them quickly, limiting the exposure. The Van Allen belts span only about forty degrees of earth's latitude -- twenty degrees above and below the magnetic equator. The diagrams of Apollo's translunar trajectory printed in various press releases are not entirely accurate. They tend to show only a two-dimensional version of the actual trajectory. The actual trajectory was three-dimensional. The highly technical reports of Apollo, accessible to but not generally understood by the public, give the three-dimensional details of the translunar trajectory. Each mission flew a slightly different trajectory in order to access its landing site, but the orbital inclination of the translunar coast trajectory was always in the neighborhood of 30°. Stated another way, the geometric plane containing the translunar trajectory was inclined to the earth's equator by about 30°. A spacecraft following that trajectory would bypass all but the edges of the Van Allen belts. This is not to dispute that passage through the Van Allen belts would be dangerous. But NASA conducted a series of experiments designed to investigate the nature of the Van Allen belts, culminating in the repeated traversal of the Southern Atlantic Magnetic Anomaly (an intense, low-hanging patch of Van Allen belt) by the Gemini 10 astronauts.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

So THERE you looney tunes. Thank you for the research and info phishy! Of course there will still be those that blow it all off. How anyone could actually believe we havn't been to the moon is truly a testament to the fanaticism the huiman race is capable of.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelknives52
reply to post by pazcat

as long as it isn't a flop like Battle: Los Angeles. I was really hyped by the trailers waiting for an alien to interact with a marine in their auto tune voice we just want you to die. They really needed to cut out the marine corp. hooah commando bull shyt and include some gory scenes like a captured marine being examined on a probing table, perhaps grays behind the invasion plot with the bio mechanical drones or hell I would take the grays getting involved in fighting back the invaders. Perhaps the mech-aliens were a rival race and those saucers come into play.

I mean Battle: LA was a badly executed ID4 minus will smith and an actual story line. What was the point of even having the viral marketing there were sightings around the world for decades. It seemed like these aliens half assed it... decades worth of planning for water failed by a earth based drone command module being destroyed by a normal missile.

Really if the aliens were smart and if they just wanted water they could have done some of the following suggestions.

A) Launch water collectors in the bottom of ocean trenchs and suck up the water to their hearts content.

B) Establish a forward moon base and place orbital command satellites. If they did their homework they would know that our race is in the infancy of space travel etc. When the SGT. asked his grunt where he would place a important command module so that it would be safe... the grunt said under ground and I screamed no!!!!!! in space where the humans can easily kill it with a laser guided missile for christ sake.

C) Orbital bombardment... why send in infantry when you can zap major population centers from space. Occupation seemed a little bit silly because the only needed to stay on the planet until they collected all of the water they needed. Hell all they would have to do is bow up major oil supply lines and cut off the vital blood need to pilot our military and economy.

D) Eco-Friendly genocide - Why send infantry to an alien planet... too messy. Don't want to nuke a planet and ruin the precious water? Well why not create several seismic events across the planet to create massive tidal waves, earth quakes, and what not to cleanse the landscape of pesky humans. Then for shyts and giggles send the drones and grunts down for a human hunt.

Logistically the aliens in this movies plans were space cow shyt and pretty dumb. I guess they just felt like engaging the less advance species man to man for a resource gathering.

Many have stated perhaps earth was one front on an intergalactic war? well it would have been nice if this was the case in the movie and a UFO battle took place over los angeles humans vs. bio-roids vs. whatever else. If the human leadership was approached by a third party species that wanted to help us fight them then yes this would be acceptable.

NO i didn't want to see the same movie marine characters that fight honorably for their country... I went to see the imagined alien species and their agenda etc. The aliens barely got any screen time and they always clustered together. I kept screaming in my head NOOB TUBE THEM YOU RETARDS (video game talk for fire grenade launchers at them but the marines just kept dying.

This movie was a waste of money but let me stop ranting. I bet if we started a thread about writing a screen play for a perfect genre defining UFO/alien invasion movie on ATS it would be gold and we would win many rewards. It seems like the director googled some aspects of UFO lore etc, rented ID4, black hawkdown, and terminator on netflix and then said hey I got an great idea for a movie. We can cash in on nerds going to see it because of the cool ass trailer. Seriously why no auto-tuned alien voice or transmission in the flick. Even scenes from the aliens perspective with subtitles could have replaced the BS overly dramatic scenes. I don't even remember the names of the characters.

Hopefully this movie APOLLO 18 gets an r rating... the aliens/virus are cool... it seems like they are going to set it up like cloverfield. Should be neat. This won't be genre defining but hopefully it will play out better as an DEAD SPACE type horror film... It seems like it is going to have elements like the movie SPHERE.

I almost started cussing at their saw gunner when I watched it... If my AR ever does sh**t like that, I'm gonna slap the sh** out of him... fu****g team leaders need to do their job.
Whatever happened to break contact? how about flanking ? squad attack ? it's ok, they are marines ... lets go get killed 'cause we were told so....

Apollo 18 is gonna be another one of those movies where characters are stuck in a tin can the whole freaking time, and afterwards you gonna be like wtf was that all about.....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzle flash

Lead is not light . Not having any aeronautical experience beyond balsa planes I doubt you would know anything about flight . Every pound you make an airplane heavier the more thrust , structural components fuel ect . I have had experience in building and flying aircraft . Everything that goes up at Nasa has weight limitations , even the astronauts

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Here is the newest official NASA Budget document I can find. It lists FY2007 to FY2013 and the planned expenditures.

Notice that the Space Shuttle program will be 100% over by 2013, and that the major funding will be diverted into the ongoing Constellation program. That program's funding is increasing rapidly as the Shuttle program is being scrapped.
NASA Budget

And here is a link to the Constellation Program main page

That budget proposals are outdated, Constellation is cancelled. New NASA direction is probably going to incorporate a shuttle-derived HLV capable of launching up to 130 tons to LEO, Orion capsule from Constellation, and an array of private rockets and vehicles for astronauts and lighter payloads.

Shuttle-derived rocket
Orion capsule
COTS
CCD
edit on 14/3/11 by Maslo because: corrected link

edit on 14/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Do you think that the Van Allen Belt caused the problems with the pictures being beamed back from space - they look ever so grainy.

Just because they went to the moon, doesn't mean to say that some of the pictures were fake. NASA would have practised and practised and filmed. They would have stock film ready for any event.

I agree that it is odd we have not been back to the moon. We are richer, technology is infinitely more powerful and much smaller [my smart phone has more memory than the Apollo]. We have seen the same with Concorde - why was that technology never developed further?

edit on 14-3-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

I agree that it is odd we have not been back to the moon.

All NASA money went to shuttle and ISS, thats why we have not been back. Now that shuttle is phased out and ISS is finished, there will hopefully be some money left to once again go beyond low Earth orbit.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I find that amazing how people come up with all kind of conspiracy theories saying why NASA is not going back to the moon but they fail to recognize the simplest reason: budget. Why spend money going back to the moon when you can go somewhere further? NASA's objective is to advance technology not delay it. Stop living in the past, we need to put men in Mars and terraform it ASAP. Thats 10000000000000 times more beneficial to technology and mankind as a whole

I realize people cant grasp the picture that the moon is old news. Were only a few steps away from developing a rocket that can take astronauts to Mars. There's absolutely no reason why we should focus on putting people back on the moon when we can achieve the newer goal. Its like dropping out of college to go back to kintergarden.
edit on 14-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

Whilst it is budget it is also very dangerous. How they made it then is amazing. Which is why poeple think that it is fake.

Could've it beened faked absolutely but probably is not. Did aliens warn them off, maybe. I would say there is more than just budget that stops them from going back.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Budget is a not the only reason but its a major reason. NASA cant just spend money on projects that don't make sense.
Logic is the second biggest reason. Again it does not make sense to spend money on the moon! To help you grasp the bigger picture look at this photo taken by the MESSENGER spacecraft

The moon and earth is a very small scale compared to the other star systems and galaxies that were are already studying. We need to build telescopes that can identify habitable planets on other star systems (TPF is on hold because of budget constraint). Heck, even if we should scale our ambitions down a bit we need to work on terraforming mars or study Jupiter's moons where they could be harboring life. The moon is a much smaller scale that has already been studied 50 years ago! If the moon is so freaking interesting to you, then go to college. You will get your mind blown learning about other celestial bodies

Originally posted by DomCheetham
reply to post by vinunleaded

Whilst it is budget it is also very dangerous. How they made it then is amazing. Which is why poeple think that it is fake.

Could've it beened faked absolutely but probably is not. Did aliens warn them off, maybe. I would say there is more than just budget that stops them from going back.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
If the moon is so freaking interesting to you, then go to college.

I know you should.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham

Originally posted by vinunleaded
If the moon is so freaking interesting to you, then go to college.

I know you should.

you are hopeless

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The excuse of not going back to the moon has always been the cost. But in fact, the shuttle missions cost more than sending a rocket to the moon up in space. Thats why they are ending shuttle missions today and are going back to rockets. Furthermore when the moon missions ended there were still funds for future moon missions. To me it makes more sense to use the moon as a space station as oppose to using an artificial space station that orbits earth. There are a few theories as to why we have not returned. (at least "public" missions). One is that we have been warned off the moon by extraterrestrials. Secondly if we keep going to the moon, it could make it easier for information to be leaked to the public about whats really up there. There have been many reports of ancient artificial structures on the moon that have either been built by humans in the remote post or by extraterrestrials. With today's digital technology and easier public access to high quality live feed, it becomes more and more difficult to hide whats up there. Some astronauts going to the moon may eventually leak out what they have seen like other astronauts have done.

However NASA may roll out a newer technology to the public such as space planes. Time will tell
edit on 15-3-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It seems to me that if history has shown us anything, it's that the government never misses a chance to get the public all whipped up about any threat from any supposed "enemy". It follows that if they knew about some alien species on the moon, they'd have been hammering it into us since day one, creating enough fear to justfy enough budget to develop whatever weapon systems were "needed" to go wipe them out. What better enemy than a group that we can't even see, with no way to dispute the claims made by the media that they were going to kill us all"?

Actually, now that I think about it, they really missed the boat on that one.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why would they need to go back to the moon anyway?

The cost of getting people there and back safely was, for no better word, astronomical!
The cost of sending a rover there to do the job for us would be minuscule in comparison, but then again, why would they need to do it?

We have samples of rock from the moon that we're still investigating since 1969. So we're OK on the lunar rocks front.

Perhaps to build an outpost there?
There is little point as it isn't financially viable.
How about a space station for future missions to outer planets?
Unless you know exactly what is landing there, how big it is, and what fuel its going to be using, there's little point.

You can create your conspiracy theories about alien life on it, or that we didnt go, but common sense (a rare commodity on this forum) shows that there is very little point returning to the moon..... just yet

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join