It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolfs in Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

An example of the community having fun with the Beast story. This, an Official Werewolf Capture Permit, with the proceeds going to the Lakeland Animal Shelter. 1992

Some local police have even been issued silver bullets. Although this may be more of them having fun with the story then for any real defense

The Bray Road Beast or the Wisconsin Wolfman as it is often called has had numerous sightings over the years

One of the first Wisconsin werewolf sightings occurred in 1936. A man named Mark Schackelman reportedly encountering a talking wolfman just east of Jefferson, Wisconsin on Highway 18. As he was driving along the road one evening, he spotted a figure digging in an old Indian mound. He looked closer and saw that the figure was a strange, hair-covered creature that stood erect and stood more than six feet tall. The face of the creature boasted a muzzle and features of both an ape and a dog. Its hands were oddly formed with a twisted thumb and three fully formed fingers. The beast gave off a putrid smell that was like �decaying meat�.

The 1936 creature sighting may be far stranger than it appears. When discovered, the creature growled "gaddarah" at the nightwatchman.

Gadara.

The New Testament narratives of Mark, Matthew and Luke tell of Jesus' journey by boat across the Sea of Galilee to Gadara. Translations of the town's name vary, from Ger'asenes to Gergesenes to Gadarenes, but enough authorities believe a correct pronunciation is Gadara.

Gadara. The famous story of Christ's exorcism of demons. The Gadarean swine. Gadara. A legion of devils

But did it turn up again? In 1964, another man, Dennis Fewless, had a similar sighting less than two miles away. Fewless was driving home around midnight from his job at the Admiral Television Corp. in Harvard, Illinois. After turning onto Highway 89 from Highway 14, his headlights caught an animal running across the road in front of him. It was dark brown in color and he estimated that it weighed between 400 and 500 pounds. He also described it as being seven or eight feet tall. It ran across the highway, jumped a barbed wire fence and vanished. Fewless returned to the spot (in the daylight) hours to look for footprints or other evidence but the hard, sun-dried ground offered nothing. They did find where the corn had been pushed aside as the beast entered the field though. �I was awful scared that night,� Fewless told author Jay Rath. �That was no man. It was all hairy from head to feet.�

The appearance of a wolf-like creature, which quickly became a werewolf in the minds of many, electrified the inhabitants of Elkhorn in late 1991. A wolfish-looking creature that ran on two legs had been seen around the Bray Road area, stealing chickens, eating roadkills, and scaring the daylights out of locals who (sometimes literally) ran into it. One person hit this thing with his car he thought he had hit a human in a furcoat but the thing got up and ran off after he got out to investigate what happened.

Is the creature a Hoax a deformed known animal, a werewolf, or something far stranger?

www.weird-wi.com...

www.prairieghosts.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I really liked the Weird Wisconsin site, there's some great stuff there. I still think this is probably a Bigfoot sighting, but who really knows?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Good idea on them as Bigfoot sightings I never really considered that. Some of the size descriptions would seem to fit with the size of bigfoot sightings. 7ft plus 500-600lb range would seem to fit right in with the common size of a normal bigfoot sighting.

I wonder if bigfoot has ever been reported to eat meat as it seems was the case with Bray road beast. I would think a animal like bigfoot would have to have a diet similar to that of other large animals in north america like the brown bear. A Omnivore would be a safe bet in my book something that would mostly eat plants but would Supplement is diet with grubs and other small animals even the ocasinal large animal like a deer.

Perhaps someone came across a Bigfoot while it was feeding on a deer and it shocked them in a way that made them not think it was a bigfoot or ape like but thought of it more a known carnavore like a wolf instead of a ape.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
you know....it COULD be a werewolf, but what ShadowXIX didn't say was if it had a tail or not....if it didn't have a tail, then it verywell can be a bigfoot sighting..just a thought though....

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here are some peoples descriptions of it

"Nobody knows what it is, but they're seeing it and they all described it as being wolflike ... with the snout and the fangs and the pointy ears. Much larger than a dog.

It looked like a German shepherd-type thing, or a wolf," she continued. "It was BIG and it scared the you-know-what out of me!"

some describe the beast as running on four legs while others report it running on two. Some described the Beast as more dog-like, but shaggier, with wolfish overtones, broad-chested, with something odd about the arrangement of the rear legs. Other witnesses described the Beast in much the same way, except the Beast was seen running on two legs, or holding its paws/hands in human-like ways, or kneeling as a human would, with its feet behind its body.

"The arms were really kind of strange. It was jointed like a man or woman would be. He was holding his food with his palms upward. ... [T]he forearms were kind of big ... like a man who had worked-out a little bit ... It might sound strange, but it does look like it had fingers. It looked like a hand, you know, a bare hand with claws.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I saw a werewolf with a program in his hand
Driving through the streets of Milwaukee in his car
He was looking for a place called Miller Park
Going to get himself a big steak tartar
Werewolves of Wisconsin

If you hear him howling around your kitchen door
Better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of Wisconsin again
Werewolves of Wisconsin

He's the hairy-handed boy who ran amuck in Elroy
Lately he's been overheard in Brown Deer
Better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
I'd like to meet his tailor
Werewolves of Wisconsin

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
Doing the
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
Doing the
I saw a werewolf drinking a Spy�s Demise at the Safe House
His hair was perfect
Werewolves of London
Draw blood

Yah hey dere

[edit on 21-7-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In northern Wisconsin, we have tales of a big cat like creature. Some say it is about the size and shape of a large panther.

There have been a few footprints located, but the great DNR states that they are either dog tracks, or too eroded/altered to get a god description. Alot of the older locals have reported seeing this cat, usually straying through a farmer's field before entering the woods...

And at night, you can sometimes hear this creature. It does sound very cat-like (I have heard it). Sounds like, on those nature shows, like a big cat (couger/panther family), growls/hisses... you know, their Eeeeerrrrrr noise.

The Green Bay news station covered it last year, but they used it as their 'humor' story... every news does something like that. "Oh, those poor ignorant fools" kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i live in milwaukee and remember that sighting in the early 90s.

i also had heard an unrelated urban legend of a village of "little people" down a field off a certain road near muskego.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I wonder if bigfoot has ever been reported to eat meat as it seems was the case with Bray road beast. I would think a animal like bigfoot would have to have a diet similar to that of other large animals in north america like the brown bear. A Omnivore would be a safe bet in my book something that would mostly eat plants but would Supplement is diet with grubs and other small animals even the ocasinal large animal like a deer.

www.bfro.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Do these were wolves eat cheese? Could be a major catastrophe

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
i live in milwaukee and remember that sighting in the early 90s.

i also had heard an unrelated urban legend of a village of "little people" down a field off a certain road near muskego.

The place was called 'Haunchyville' in Milwaukee urban lore. I remember going there once when I was about 15 or 16, so about 20 years ago. I don't remember offhand if we actually saw midgets or not there. My memory of it is very fuzzy. I do think we saw some very small houses, with like 3 or 4 foot high doors on them. But I honestly can't really remember. It's a kind of spooky place none-the-less. I'll have to go back there and check it out...if I do, I'll post what I find. I think it was on Mystic Drive in Muskego wisconsin..

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffthefish

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

www.bfro.net...

Good find jeffthefish thats the first I have ever heard of a Bigfoot incident like that. If I saw a Bigfoot pound a hog to death and walk off with it
I think it would scare the @#$* out of me.

''Beating it with its fist like a person pounding on a desk. I could hear bones crunching with each hit. All this happened very fast. About 4 seconds from first leap to dead hog. The quickness of attack was very unnerving''

Something that big that was really fast too. Its scary to think what it could do if a human pissed it off.

PS. I guess Bigfoot is not Kosher diet type of creature

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
LOL this is pretty funny... I laught at people that claim they saw a werewolf.... relax, its just bigfoot!!

by the way, bigfoot perfectly explains all werewolf sightings around the world.

They do exist...

bigfoot I mean of course

and shadowxix.... you should see what they do to deer! I cant tell if I was fortunate or unfortunate but either way I was up close and personal with sasquatch..... they maul deer and throw them around like dolls.. sit in the entrances to fields in the bushes and wait for deer to walk through and just go to town...
It's a pretty amazing sight and sound

[edit on 14-8-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
porschedrifter have you ever heard of a bigfoot seen up in a tree? I have a theory that they may climb trees quite often. The is a old ninja stealth trick when you want to avoid a person searching for you that that last place people will usually look if at all is above eye level.People have a habit of scanning from side to side and not up and this fact has been used by many trained in the ways of stealth. So sometimes that is the best place to hide.

Perhaps they use this action to hide sometimes I wonder how many bigfoot hunters ever look up.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Maybe they dart around to the back of the tree when you come by, so you can't see them....like a squirrel....

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
parabigfoot.ning.com...

Wisconsin DOG MAN.
The Night Our Heart Stood Still
My girl friend and I went out to feed deer for the hunting opener on Nov. 22, 2008, we where in the Chequamegon National Forest in northern Wisconsin. It was November 21, 2008 and the time was 12:10 AM, it was totally dark out and light snow was falling with an accumulation of about 1 inch covering the roads. The Temperature was 11*F and the wind was blowing from the north west with a wind chill of 0*F. We made a U turn to the left onto an unfinished ATV trail in our F-150 4X4 Pickup heading towards last years feed pile. I got to the bottom of the hill and backed in and parked. I got out my pistol and loaded it, I then put it in my holster, I grabbed my headlight with 3 LED bulbs and secured it on my head, I handed her a shaker LED flashlight and proceeded to the back of my truck where I had a 5 gallon bucket with corn and apples in it, I walked around to her side of the truck as she was putting mittens on. We both started to walk together, her just behind and to my right side when we both noticed a fresh set of tracks in the snow heading down wind of us in the same direction we where walking. At first it was not the size that caught my attention, it was "WHAT ON GOD"S EARTH MADE THESE TRACKS" immediately my skin crawled as I looked around with my head to see if what we just had come up on was in sight. I was staring in disbelief at what I was witnessing. I was in a slight stage of shock as I looked at her she looked at me and we both looked down at 4 well formed foot prints of some kind of scary tracks that either of us had ever seen before. What ever I witnessed the foot prints of has 2 pointed talons on the end of it's foot that are isometrically the same with a rectangle shaped heel. The talons joined on the outside and at the same length in between the talons on each foot. They are 15.5 inches long and 5.5 inches wide with 64 inch strides. I have a 36 inch stride at 5'10" tall to give an idea of the size of this creature. I believe we just missed seeing what caused these tracks and what ever made the tracks was still in the area and possibly watching us. My girl told me to load my pistol and keep it out, I did not argue. At first she wanted to leave right away but the sheer adrenaline and interest of what caused the tracks kept us there. I said "ok let's get out of here" but again interest kept us there looking at the tracks. My fear slightly subsided enough to think about the upcoming deer opener and decided I have the pistol and we will be ok. I started to walk the same way the tracks went up a hill on the trail when I stopped and looked back at her and she was still staring down at the prints. I said come on lets get this over with. She caught up to me as we walked together she said to me, "if this thing get's a hold of me put a bullet in my head" I thought about that as we kept walking. We went deep into the woods down a steep hill where I new the feed pile was from last year. We got to where I wanted the pile to be and dumped the corn and apples out and stepped on the apples and said "let's go" We started to climb the hill when I realized we where off track and had to walk left to reach the trail to get back to the truck. I started to think that this was the scariest thing I have ever encountered and felt panic over coming me. I new where I was and finally we got back on the trail and walked down to where we could see the tracks of the creature again. We both stared at them for 5 minutes. When we got back to the truck just 20 yards from the prints she got in and closed her door. I went behind the truck and re strapped the bucket down and closed the tail gate. I got to my side of the truck and took the clip out of my gun and got in as we drove away thinking and saying "I am not coming back here" and she agreed. We where both scared and could not believe what just happened. It was a month earlier and 1.1 miles walking through the woods from where we witnessed the tracks that a different friend and I where camping. I went to bed early and fell into a deep sleep. I woke up to the sound of my friend walking behind the tent and my first reply was "what are you doing back there?" I woke up a little more and realized my friend was sleeping breathing kind of loud next to me. I sat up against my gear and grabbed my pistol and flash light and sat there cold and scared in the dark. I woke my friend up and told him what I could hear and he said "ah it was probably a deer or something" The temperature was around 20 degrees. I looked out the flaps of the tent and could see the fire had died down and it was dark out there. I stood up and told my friend that I was going to the truck to warm up and get some sleep. I asked him if he wanted me to leave the pistol and he said "no I will be alright". I left the tent and walked to my truck about 80 yards away and started it up to get warm. I turned my lights on a few different times to see if what had walked by the tent was in sight. I did not see anything, I turned my truck off and fell asleep. What ever walked by the tent was bi pedal and made 2 steps into my sound range and out again. I did not hear any other noise from what ever walked by. I looked around the next morning for foot prints but leaves covered the ground and I did not detect anything. A little more than 2 years earlier it was summer and I was at this same location riding my ATV alone, I stopped and got off walking down to a near by lake and was looking at the water and how clear it is when I could hear up on the hill above the camp ground we had stayed at a huge tree snap and hit the ground with a big thug as branches snapped off it and other trees as it fell, I got back to my ATV quickly at the time thinking a bear was up there and I was not sticking around to find out. 2 months later that summer I returned to this spot again riding my ATV, I shut off the wheeler and stood around close by thinking about the last time I was there I was scared off by something. I was there about 5 minutes when all of a sudden I could hear branches snapping off of trees as what ever was making the sound was coming down the hill closer to where I was. I got on my wheeler never to return until my friend and I camped there a little over 2 years later in October. My first 2 experiences with this creature while I was alone made me think it was possibly a bear or a buck deer, trouble with this theory is that I have come up on bear a dozen or so times and every time the bear is running as fast as it can in another direction and what ever was making the tree sounds was not running any where, A deer also runs away at the first presence of a human. Now that we witnessed these creatures foot prints I put the puzzle pieces together and realize that this creature is living in this area and it has probably been there for a long, long, long time. I have learned it means us no harm. It only makes a sound when I am alone (tree breaking). It is always down wind of me. It is out in the day and or night. It can see in the dark. It uses the wind to it's advantage every chance it get's. It can hear good. It can smell good. It waits until we are vulnerable to approach us when 2 of us are together. I possibly have smelled it and did not know that is what I was smelling. I (we) have put 4,000 miles in this forest on my Grizzly ATV through deep desolate wooded, swamp, lake areas and have now proved to ourselves that this undocumented at this time creature is in fact out there. I know where this creature is living and plan on an expedition to prove it's existence. I want to document this creature because I feel everyone that enters the forest has a right to know it is there. I am open to any and all that would like to comment or ask questions in discussing my encounters with this creature(s).
Signed, yours truly, Bright Shining

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There was a Monsterquest on something like this creature. It was a dogman in Michigan and Wisconsin. Unfortunately I don't remember a lot of the specifics.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hi

I just recently listened to a radio program about this topic.

The state of Wisconsin is (oddly) no stranger to werewolf sightings and encounters. Although it seems impossible that a mythical creature like a werewolf could stalk the state, a number encounters in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s leaves us wondering. Where do Werewolves come from? What is the myth of this Creature? Is it just a Movie thing or is it Real?

radio show

My opinion is its just a legend. The stories presented on the show provided NO evidence other than witness experiences.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
My only personal experience is a succubus, and a few other odds and ends. Annnyway, recently i started talking to a classmate at my school who claims to see a werewolf. I don't doubt her. I talk to a kid who says he sees ghosts and demons, and the point of bringing up the 12 year old is, the ghosts and the apparent werewolf function in the same general manner. They stare. This young woman is oddly enough FROM WISCONSIN.

I'm not here to jerk anyone around so... that's my two cents. I wouldn't believe most of this stuff if it never happened to me, but since something did happen, i'm on board.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have been studying the Wisconsin and Michigan dogmen sightings for a while now and when it comes to how dangerous they are and there personalities and what I have come up with is that the Wisconsin dogmen are extremely dangerous that will kill you if you get lost or to close and they like to keep to themselves so if you go out looking for these you wont find them and even baiting doesn't work unless there's only one person doing it then you got a good shot at it just stay far away. The Michigan dogmen however is more of a stalker and attention getter (the scary kind) and likes to scare you, but even though most people say he is evil I think he's misunderstood, if he doesn't want you there he will let you know by hiding and if you leave and come back your asking for it cause he will get up close and personal with you now whether or not he will kill you or not I'm not sure. The one theory I have about them both is that they live in a society where they have there own language, skills, rules, and culture just like us but there best skill is eluding humans and who knows they might possibly know how to speak our language or at least understand it. I also think that there numbers are much larger than we think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join