COVER-UP: Censorship Beginning in Japan to Hide the Growing Meltdown Crisis?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Emergency Special Report: Japan's Earthquake, Hidden Nuclear Catastrophe

Sunday 13 March 2011 (0800 hrs Tokyo Time)

Following a high-level meeting called by the lame-duck prime minister, Japanese agencies are no longer releasing independent reports without prior approval from the top. The censorship is being carried out following the imposition of the Article 15 Emergency Law. Official silencing of bad news is a polite way of reassuring the public.According to the chief Cabinet Secretary, reactor heat is being lowered and radiation levels are coming down. The Unit 1 reactor container is not cracked despite the explosion that destroyed its building.

The mayor of Tsuruga City, home of the trouble-plagued Monju plutonium-breeder reactor in Fukui Prefecture, isn't buying Tokyo's weak explanation about the Fukushima 1 blast and demanded the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency to conduct an all-points investigation immediately.

USA: The White House sent in a team to consult withe US-friendly Naoto Kan government. Instead of dispatching in experts from the Department of Energy, Nuclear Safety Agency and Health Department, President Obamas sent representatives of USAID...

Cover-up Is Going On In Tokyo & Washington?

Maybe the relatively quiet news of today isn't so positive after all.

edit on 13-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Quiet before the storm? Proves my last thread about 20 min. ago that much more.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Just because the Obama administration is concerned enough about the possibility of jet stream contamination to send officials to check it out at the source does not necessarily mean there is a cover-up.

This is still an ongoing "investigation" if you can call it that.

A2D

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow. This doesn`t sound good at all.
Not surprised though.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by loam

Just because the Obama administration is concerned enough about the possibility of jet stream contamination to send officials to check it out at the source does not necessarily mean there is a cover-up.

This is still an ongoing "investigation" if you can call it that.

A2D
Go back and listen to the video again. Barry Sotoro is not sending people over there to find out about the situation, he's sending people to cover it up. If he were concerned he would have sent people from the nuclear agency, not spin agencys and such as he has sent....
edit on 13-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's interesting how I'm noticing more statements from several credible sources where the obvious assumption is that information on the crisis is NOT fully forthcoming.

See this one for example:

There are some interesting points to ponder there. He clearly thinks they are saying one thing and doing another.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It truly saddens me that such a beautiful and advanced country is doing this.
I wasn't expecting any censorship or dis/mis information from Japan.Well its a crappy time for them,but hopefully they will begin to actually tell whats what

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I object your honor - speculation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

A 70km Evacuation zone around the reactors !!??!!

That to me sounds like they know it's big trouble..... the authorities (anywhere) are always resistant to evacuating and relocating people quite simply because of the logistical pressures that brings.....

PDUK

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Japans ecomony will fall if it comes out there plants are nuclear wastlands, there a wild card just on there own
without the all ready disaster to content with of coase it's going too be keep underwraps.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Japan is a sovereign country, its government decides who and what agency comes to their help.
It has nothing to do with Obama at all.
And what makes one think that nuclear industry experts from various countries are not there already and helping Japanese experts deal with the power plant?
Obame sent over some aid experts, which is the norm anyway.
There are millions of people at risk, so general aid is much needed, not just nuclear aid and if general aid is what Japan asked for, then that is what they get.

You cannot force another country to do what you want, unless you are going to send in the troops to fight a war. Your government is good at that.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Sailor Sam because: spelling mistakes

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was just watching an English language version of Tokyo news and they reported 22 people in the hospital from radiation poisoning, and the people helping the victims were wearing respirators, they also stated the poisoning was from the initial explosion, and the victims were told to bag all their cloths and shower right away.

They might show a rerun on it here is the link to the Tokyo english news channel.Tokyo news english
edit on 13-3-2011 by wiredamerican because: info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Folks, this is no time to be trusting the government. Order your potassium iodide pills, watch the radiation network website for North America, and get ready for panic from the masses. If not already, prepare your emergency plans, keep your gas tank topped off, and be vigilant.

You see, it's not the just the radiation you must be ready for - it's the panic from the public. When the masses lose it, then you better be ready.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this?

Military Crew Said to Be Exposed to Radiation, but Officials Call Risk in U.S. Slight

The Pentagon was expected to announce that the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, which is sailing in the Pacific, passed through a radioactive cloud from stricken nuclear reactors in Japan, causing crew members on deck to receive a month’s worth of radiation in about an hour, government officials said Sunday.

The officials added that American helicopters flying missions about 60 miles north of the damaged reactors became coated with particulate radiation that had to be washed off.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Considering it's a nuclear powered supercarrier, it makes sense that they would have noticed it because they probably have radiation detectors all over that ship. Those people are probably going to be okay, but still they should probably be careful about being downwind from a nuclear disaster.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The problem with the meltdowns apparently is the fault of the agency over the plants themselves. I am seeing news reports that while the reactors scrammed, they were brought back online to supply power. They gambled and lost if that turns out to be true.

By bringing them back online, and not having adequate safety backups in place for something sepcifically like this (Massive quake, tsunami, failing of back up systems), is what caused the issues.

Now, with that being said, I have yet to find any print sources to cite. I have seen this reoccuring theme on CNN, MSNBC, FOX and BBC.

As far as downplaying the danger, I am sure that occured. It must be a blanced release of information placed against creating a massive mess of "pandelerium". It is possible to lose more lives in an evacuation than if a radiation release occurs on a massive scale.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
Japans ecomony will fall if it comes out there plants are nuclear wastlands, there a wild card just on there own
without the all ready disaster to content with of coase it's going too be keep underwraps.

Japan is so in debt to US of A that this statement is like most of of the uneducated statements and only fuels the paranoia that in turn fuels mis-education

Someone should consider the reality of the clean up. Instead of making wild comments. Sorry to use your post as an example but the bench is set way , way to low in some of the posts on this topic.

peace on ...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
perhaps there's a slight bit of withholding info. but i chose to say this is only because the offical
bureaucracy is stumbling over their protocols of information release.
If there were a total cover-up or disinformation campaign going on...then why the NEWS leak from NYT
that a AircraftCarrier passed through a cloud of radiation (from the unit #1 explosion?)

by back-engineering the fact that reactor #3 had since blown up
And reactor #2 is rumored to be also going into meltdown =?->(even after being flooded with seawater
and the boron treatment as were the earlier units #1 & #3

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I would say the implications of the following are notable:

US warships, planes move from Japan's nuclear-crisis coast

U.S. warships and planes helping Japan's earthquake and tsunami relief efforts have moved away from the country's Pacific coast temporarily because of low-level radiation from a stricken nuclear power plant, the U.S. Navy said on Monday. The U.S. Seventh Fleet, in a statement, described the move as precautionary measure.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well worth watching:

www.ustream.tv...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant